Epilepsy, Flashing on hit (mobs), and plea to the Devs.

General Discussion
Prev 1 16 17 18 27 Next
/supported...

I am also epileptic and have had issues since day one. I have to hit z and zoom on my character then almost entirely close my eyes.... Have tried glasses, have tried anti glare like goggles and it hasn't worked.

Bump this hope op's message gets through. And i really hope the blues chose to respond to this in some way although we all know they wont because it has nothing to do with baking cakes or drawing pictures...
/supported

While I don't have epilepsy, I can see where adding the option to disable attack flashes would help those who suffer from this condition. Not to mention, this could give Blizzard some great PR on the Corporate Social Responsibility front by addressing/fixing/allowing those with epilepsy to play their games without the fear of a seizure.
I actually have to support this because there actually are probably millions of blizzard gaming fans who have this condition. It's sad to see that these people really don't have an opportunity to enjoy the game as a whole. I believe that if someone buys the game, states a medical need (after they have tried playing the game) and still wants to play, it should be addressed top priority over any loot fix (2h and this recent patch).

I know when i first started playing WoW when it came out, I had trouble (and still do at times; but cope well mainly now) because of me having Cerebral Palsy, but I know there's nothing that can be done for that, but epilepsy, can definitely and should be addressed as prompt as possible.
Unless they planned for this in RoS, it isn't going to happen. There was a blue post somewhere about how the entire game would have to be overhauled as it's not a simple switch flip.
BUMP!
I asked for a similar switch in WoW for the "drunk" effect but received no feedback from the devs (causes motion sickness/nausea for me). Hopefully you have better luck...
that drunk effect in wow had a keystroke that could remove it. I support this thread.
#Support

Unfortunately I do not believe the people who make the $$$ off this game really care about your issue or really any other persons issue's.

This is the world we live in!
#Support

I'm surprised that they haven't done anything like that yet. They are potentially losing out on millions in profit from people who don't play because of this exact reason.
#Support and Bump.

I have a cousin and her husband who would play this game as a couple, like me and my fiance, but, she is epileptic.
I also support. Although I am not epileptic, the large amounts of effects, flashes, and bright colours can severely hurt my eyes and force me to squint or stop playing. This is an on-going negative trend in games that needs to stop now. Having high amounts of bloom and effects, and a high level of brightness is not a good thing, ever, and I've actually quit some games and stayed away from others just for that reason alone.
That really sucks, OP, and I feel for you. Hopefully an option to turn it off will be implemented.
good luck man
Bump, Best of Luck to you
03/11/2014 11:59 AMPosted by Rezlind
03/11/2014 11:33 AMPosted by Skeeks
My friend wears swimming goggles to Music Festivals because she can't handle the strobe lights.

Maybe try that?

I know it isn't optimal or ideal.. but if it helps you be able to play than maybe it'd be good.

This has been suggested a few times and I would try this but I already currently wear glasses and I don't think I would be able to overlay them, or can I? :P.

Give it a shot, I don't think my friend wears glasses or contacts but I know that the goggles are the difference between her attending music festivals or not, I'll tell ya right now, the strobes at these shows are 10x more intense.

But in either case I totally support your cause. Best of luck, this should be an easy fix for blizzard.
/support

Best of Luck to you.

Blue post required.... come on bliz.
/support

Good Luck!

17 pages without a Blue post.... I hope they take notice of this. :/

Help out a fan, make a fan.....
If this somehow isn't just a very successful troll thread, I recommend you simply stop playing Diablo 3, OP and other epilepsy sufferers. This game surely isn't worth risking your health.

No company will EVER spend millions of dollars on revamping their product from the ground up to attempt to prevent seizures.

Why, you may ask? Because once they have acknowledged the problem, spent the money attempting to fix it(which is a shaky proposition at best, seizure triggers are still not well understood), once somebody STILL has a seizure, or claims to, based on their supposedly seizure-safe game, they will get sued for millions.

No megacorporation like Activision-Blizzard has a legal department that will ever allow them to market a product that supposedly will NOT produce a seizure. All videogames carry a seizure warning regardless of their actual content, purely for legal reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators purposely ignore this thread and hope it goes away, because Blizzard surely won't spend the money attempting on this non-trivial task, only to increase their risk of lawsuit afterwards.

Sad truth.

Surely your physician would have told you to stop playing games like this by now?
I support this as well:-) It would also be a PR win for Blizzard!
03/11/2014 02:48 PMPosted by Kinowek
If this somehow isn't just a very successful troll thread, I recommend you simply stop playing Diablo 3, OP and other epilepsy sufferers. This game surely isn't worth risking your health.

No company will EVER spend millions of dollars on revamping their product from the ground up to attempt to prevent seizures.

Why, you may ask? Because once they have acknowledged the problem, spent the money attempting to fix it(which is a shaky proposition at best, seizure triggers are still not well understood), once somebody STILL has a seizure, or claims to, based on their supposedly seizure-safe game, they will get sued for millions.

No megacorporation like Activision-Blizzard has a legal department that will ever allow them to market a product that supposedly will NOT produce a seizure. All videogames carry a seizure warning regardless of their actual content, purely for legal reasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the moderators purposely ignore this thread and hope it goes away, because Blizzard surely won't spend the money attempting on this non-trivial task, only to increase their risk of lawsuit afterwards.

Sad truth.

Surely your physician would have told you to stop playing games like this by now?

I Appreciate your perspective, and you bring up excellent points. But keep in mind when I made this thread, I simply asked for a way to turn off the effect of the flashing on hit. If they were to provide options for lowering other effects I'd be ecstatic, but I honestly am more than happy with an option to stop monsters from flashing when they are hit because when it comes to bigger monsters, that is a the biggest problem for people like me I think. What I gathered however, is that there are a great deal of people who would definitely use an option to turn this, as well as screen shaking off, and even an option which would lower spell effects to a degree.

I'm not asking Blizzard to spend exorbitant amount of money on this issue, or even time for that matter, at least, I don't think I am.

Here's to still hoping a Blue will post with at least acknowledgement of this thread. A simple "Rezlind we've read this" would even suffice :3.