Power Stone - APoC Alternative/Synergy

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
03/11/2014 01:11 AMPosted by mzy
That was about the last rune in the game I expected to become useful. Ever.

Nice find, guys!

Now we just need just need Mirror Mimics (2x images deal 20% damage) to not be stupid because Duplicates (4x images deal 10% damage) is plain better.

And Energy Tap. Does anyone really want this over... anything else?
03/11/2014 01:24 AMPosted by Jaetch
03/11/2014 01:11 AMPosted by mzy
That was about the last rune in the game I expected to become useful. Ever.

Nice find, guys!

Now we just need just need Mirror Mimics (2x images deal 20% damage) to not be stupid because Duplicates (4x images deal 10% damage) is plain better.

And Energy Tap. Does anyone really want this over... anything else?

It was funny getting to about 169 AP on the PTR. The deep AP pool allowed some decent Frozen Orb spam before I had to resume Electrocute spam.
Well now the questions become:

How does Conduit synergize with this?

Where do we capitalize the most?
Less paragon points in RCR?
Less rolls on gear for RCR?
No APoC?
Less mandatory crit chance levels?

It just opens up all of our previous "bottleneck" scenarios.

Of course, for group play.

In solo, the only kind of player that can truly take advantage of something like this would be a player like...me, who spends their entire time up in the enemy's face. I fire AT at enemies that are next to me. I'm always micro-ing in small steps to maximize EB's radius, and therefore, with even a paltry 6 PUR. Can truly take advantage of this.

Lol.

PUR.

So it looks like a wizard with a PUR equal to the average distance between them and their target could solo with this skill. Less moving to regen.

There's really so much to discuss regarding how best to utilize this guy.
Interesting video, not exactly sure how big its going to be though, more so due to it requiring 3 wizards to be running it. I expect more testing of you gents when servers reopen!

Has anyone tested to see if procs the Power Hungry passive?
"Being healed by a health globe causes the next Arcane Power Spender you cast to be cast for free."

All in all I nice novel test!
New patch now required.... NERFED!(Not that I think this will ever get nerfed)

Be good to see what changes have been made!
03/11/2014 06:47 AMPosted by Aphraell
"Being healed by a health globe causes the next Arcane Power Spender you cast to be cast for free."

Tested. Power Stones do not count has health globes.

Interesting video, not exactly sure how big its going to be though, more so due to it requiring 3 wizards to be running it. I expect more testing of you gents when servers reopen!

Two wizards running it is good enough to supply the whole team with AP. Honestly right now full wizard party runs are incredibly fun. I think the only class that would fit the best in a multi-wizard party is a monk with Cyclone. But as soon as RoS hits and all the wizards gain access to Black Hole... uhh...

All in all I nice novel test!

L2Read. Jk.

You only need 3 folks running this for Boss Farming. Who the hell farms bosses? Maybe for Ubers, but outside of that, you'd never need 3 wizards doing this to make it work.

For general farming, 2 running Stone is enough. And honestly, even 1 running Stone is better than no one, since one stone is effectively worth 120 Arcane Power to the group, collectively.

Tested Power Hungry, doesn't work. Also, doesn't refill other classes resources. That would have been nutty/stupid if it did.
Yea I'm itching to have Black Hole on my bars!

Find mobs... Black Hole... Arcane Torrent.... Area Damage.... Dead.
For general farming, 2 may even be overkill, assuming all wizards have some means of regenerating resources in the first place. With just Melkor doing it, I was able to continuously cast meteor shower. Granted, that's with a cindercoat, -10 old reduction, and -10 new reduction and 20 APoC. Still though, I was able to do it.
This rune was changed in the patch then. Previously, your party mates could not even see your power stones and they certainly didn't get AP from them. Nice work guys!
03/11/2014 07:22 AMPosted by ChangBooster
This rune was changed in the patch then. Previously, your party mates could not even see your power stones and they certainly didn't get AP from them. Nice work guys!

Yeah, that's why it was rarely ever utilized pre-2.0.1.

The next thing to test is whether or not channeling AT - Power Stone on targets already being hit by other spells (e.g. Blizzard) will proc the Power Stone spawns. Before, if Blizzard is ticking away on mobs in an area, if you channel AT in that area, there's a chance that each Blizzard tick can also proc the Power Stone spawns.
03/10/2014 09:48 PMPosted by Melkor
Running with a monk? A Barb? WD? DH? If they get the stone, you still get the AP.

This? This is a design we currently like. It promotes teamwork in gameplay, and feels pretty cool to have your buddies help you out.

03/10/2014 09:48 PMPosted by Melkor
Running with a wizard? If your fellow wizard brethren gets the stone, you BOTH get the arcane power.

Uh oh.

This behavior is not intended. This particular "synergy" too overtly encourages class stacking, and that's something we'd like to avoid. We do have a hotfix in the works to correct this behavior so that only the Wizard who generated the power stone receives the Arcane Power generated from it.
Such is the life of a wiazurd....
Of course, I assume we can't get you to reconsider.

That's quite unfortunate, because I think it opens up some interesting possibilities without being OP: you need to gimp dps to do it. Perhaps you could make it so all wizards share the amount of AP generated by the globe (2 wiz get 25 instead of 50 for example)?

Oh Blizz. We're Wizards. We'll find a way, that's jus what we do.
03/11/2014 03:29 PMPosted by Nevalistis
This behavior is not intended. This particular "synergy" too overtly encourages class stacking, and that's something we'd like to avoid. We do have a hotfix in the works to correct this behavior so that only the Wizard who generated the power stone receives the Arcane Power generated from it.

hmmmm....find something that works well....oh, it's too good...got to nerf it....

While you want ppl to run in a group...item optimization and the smart loot drops tends to get single class game runs....since a group of wizards in a game can trade for an item that will only work on wizards...

Class stacking is what is going on....wake up!
This? This is a design we currently like. It promotes teamwork in gameplay, and feels pretty cool to have your buddies help you out.

So you like this design and then in the next quote:

You kill it completely. If you read the thread you would see it requires more than 1 wizard to be effective. Great work once again.
Lol, bringing this to Blizz's attention = nerf
As Jaetch says, whether we bring it to their attention now or they find out later, results will be the same. Better now than later. Still though, i cant help but wonder if they knee about this before this post.
03/11/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Eciton
Still though, i cant help but wonder if they knee about this before this post.

Just as often as concerns are brought to us on the forums from players, changes come from our developers that they'd like us to proactively inform you guys about. This was one of those cases, which meant I was looking for an appropriate thread to post in rather than reacting to a thread in question. These communications go both ways!

then why not just make it give all classes resource therefor promoting multiclass teamwork