Xah'rith might be a LITTLE too powerful

General Discussion
I love unavoidable, highly damaging slows as much as the next person, but when he splits and teleports away and all of his clones cast it at once, I think I have to draw the line.

When a random monster is more powerful than any of the Lords of Hell, then it might bear looking at again.

Seriously, nothing else gives me as much trouble as this jerk. At the very least the illusions should not cast that huge damaging snare. It's completely unavoidable when they all do it and hits for massive amounts of damage.
Monster power is not tied to game lore. There are affixes that when combined are easily more powerful than any act boss.
03/12/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Chelate
I love unavoidable, highly damaging slows as much as the next person, but when he splits and teleports away and all of his clones cast it at once, I think I have to draw the line.

When a random monster is more powerful than any of the Lords of Hell, then it might bear looking at again.

Seriously, nothing else gives me as much trouble as this jerk. At the very least the illusions should not cast that huge damaging snare. It's completely unavoidable when they all do it and hits for massive amounts of damage.

You were not prepared

Seriously though maybe you should just get more toughness. I agree that some types of damage should be avoidable but there are times when you need to bite the bullet and just tank it.
What fun would it be if you could easily kill everything?

If you're HC, it makes you contemplate risk/reward.

If you're SC, it reminds you that you aren't as strong as you think you are.
Welcome to quite possibly the worst design feature of the entire game: random, poorly thought through, inanely justified, and badly executed Elite abilities. Equip an "Ignores Durability" legendary and enjoy your stay!
No doubt
If it that much of a problem, reduce difficulty

There should be lots more like it
Xah'rith wrecks himself on retailiation aura lol. I just activate it on torment 3-4 and he kills himself in about 12 seconds.
Personally I think he is one of the easier KWs. But I play ranged. On the other hand you probably dont think much of Sokahr but he is a pain for ranged. I think its a nice mix of strengths and weaknesses for the different KWs.
03/12/2014 02:52 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Personally I think he is one of the easier KWs. But I play ranged. On the other hand you probably dont think much of Sokahr but he is a pain for ranged. I think its a nice mix of strengths and weaknesses for the different KWs.

I HATE farming act 1 keys, I chase him all over the map =)
Every single champ pack (in t4-6)that has frozen,waller,vortex,arc orb or orbiter is 5x harder than any boss.

I love champ packs.
Everyone runs wiz now, so not many complaints yet.

Wait till everyone goes barb, this topic will be one of the most popular on the forums.