No legendary drop from Diablo

Bug Report
03/13/2014 08:06 AMPosted by Fusrodahh
03/13/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Shiven
So right now after killing Diablo twice through your second play through your quests list has the reset quests option listed? if not, then you missed a quest prior to reaching Diablo.

Yes I can reset it again. But the legendary should have dropped regardless if I could or not reset it.

It's supposed to drop from Diablo after you reset your quests, doesn't matter if you completed everything or just got a waypoint for Diablo from a friend.

Blizzard has said this:

"By using the Reset Quests feature you'll get increased experience and rewards when you complete a quest, and a guaranteed Legendary item when you kill Diablo (this is currently bugged in a way that the Legendary drops off of Skeleton King instead). It's sort of like starting the Campaign over, so you'll need to find all of the waypoints, and complete all of the quests again."

Pretty clear you can't get ported by a friend and get a guaranteed legendary, which I'm guessing is what you did. Simple google search and BAM! Try it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11984798579
03/13/2014 09:23 AMPosted by Skryre
Pretty clear you can't get ported by a friend and get a guaranteed legendary

Actually you can, tried it last night with a couple of clan members. You'd still have to complete all the quests to reset again afterwards, but after resetting you can port to Diablo with a friend and get your leg drop.
03/13/2014 09:45 AMPosted by Zolthar
Actually you can, tried it last night with a couple of clan members. You'd still have to complete all the quests to reset again afterwards, but after resetting you can port to Diablo with a friend and get your leg drop.

^This, and again, as I already said, I did everything, when I got to Diablo I invited a friend that wanted a Diablo kill on his WD. He got his legendary and I didn't.
03/13/2014 08:39 AMPosted by Skryre
Enough legendaries drop as it is. Is it really that big of a deal?

Completely irrelevant.

The point is is that this is yet again another instance of Blizzard saying one thing and doing something entirely different.
If it's a bug, fine, fix it.
If it's not a bug, and it's just more RNG, why in the #$%@ was it stated as a guarantee.
Is there that much miscommunication between the developers and the forum CMs?
same thing happened to me today, i reset for a second time but Diablo didn drop legendary. any official admin give us an answer here?
Did the reset quest thingy for three times and all three Diablo dropped Legendary. In fact Diablo generously dropped two legendaries twice in those three tries.
03/12/2014 11:13 PMPosted by Bergtau
03/12/2014 11:08 PMPosted by Leesina
You missed a quest from act1-4, if you cannot click "Reset quests" after this diablo kill, there's your answer. play through all quests and youll get the legendary.

Hopefully killing him before doing those quests doesn't screw you for the legendary.

\
after reset you can go directly to D for the leg in a friends game. I did this 5 times now. BUT you then have to drive through all the quests again just to reset. Im guessing OP did this and forgot.
Happened to my boyfriend the other day. We've done this a number of times before, killed diablo once quests were reset, I got a legendary, he didnt.
I've reset about 4 times and have gotten a leg off diablo each time (granted they were !@#$ but still)
03/18/2014 08:27 AMPosted by Nabbs
03/12/2014 11:13 PMPosted by Bergtau

Hopefully killing him before doing those quests doesn't screw you for the legendary.

\
after reset you can go directly to D for the leg in a friends game. I did this 5 times now. BUT you then have to drive through all the quests again just to reset. Im guessing OP did this and forgot.

i did that and it worked fine

reset went straight to diablo got legendary

afterwards i finished up all the quests but i'm not gonna reset anymore until act 5 and then i can get 2 torment level 70 items when it moves to maltheal
happened to me and my friend once. we just killed diablo a second time and he dropped the legendary the second time. it was some glitch. still not sure what happened, just know it hasn't happened before or since, and re-killing him fixed it. edit: and yeah i can read, i see that you already re-killed him. so i'm not sure.
Well I'm the OP(my WoW sub expired). I didn't reset my quests since this problem happened, don't wanna risk wasting my time again, but as everyone can see I wasn't the only one. Hopefully they will fix it in the future(and by future I mean, in less than a year please, Blizzard).
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we are currently looking into this on our end. We haven't yet been able to reproduce this either internally or on live servers and after many attempts, but we are taking your reports seriously and doing our best to get this figured out. If you can come up with a set of specific steps that cause this to occur every time (or nearly every time) please do feel free to post them here and help us out.

One thing I've personally seen occur with my friends is that sometimes when doing group quest reset runs, one or more players will forget to press the reset button after completing all of the quests in the game. In other situations one or more players will assume that just because the group leader presses the reset button, that resets the quests for everyone in the group. Either of these situations will result in a player not getting a guaranteed legendary from Diablo.

I mention this just to stress that unless you yourself have pushed the reset button prior to starting your current playthrough, your quests are not reset and you will not get another first kill legendary drop. I am not saying for sure that this is what is occurring in all of the reports in this thread, but I have personally observed these types of "false positives" before, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for the reports everyone, and keep them coming!
03/18/2014 11:55 AMPosted by Tsarnis
One thing I've personally seen occur with my friends is that sometimes when doing group quest reset runs, one or more players will forget to press the reset button after completing all of the quests in the game.

I know about that, it happened to me when I did my second SK run(back when he dropped the legendary instead).

I'm pretty sure I reset my quests because, during my second run, my friend was asking for an Azmodan waypoint, which I couldn't give since I had to play everything again.

Thanks for the answer.
Out of about 15 first time kills (including the Skeleton King) only had him not drop a first time leg for me once.

So this could be a super rare bug.
Happened to me once and once for my friend on a seperate occassion.
The time I lost my guaranteed legendary was on Wizard lvl 60 hardcore in a co-op game with a friend who already had killed Diablo.
Maybe there's a bug there that if someone on your team isn't also doing a first time kill you might lose your guaranteed legendary?
I had the same issue today with my new created monk on hc I played solo and killed SK >> No legendary.
As far I know and this has happen to all my characters created if your below level 60 all main bosses drop a legendary.
03/18/2014 12:50 PMPosted by Trickz
I had the same issue today with my new created monk on hc I played solo and killed SK >> No legendary.

This has been said multiple times, that this is intended. Originally it was a bug, yet people liked the guaranteed legendary, so it was moved to Diablo. (which doesn't seem to work today, which is what people are reporting)
what happened to me was in act three i joined a public game for few quests. but i went into act 4 solo and killed diablo solo. after i killed diablo the reset button activated. no leg from Diablo though
I first time killed diablo with my Monk and Wizard both already 60lvl fresh characters >>No Legendary from Diablo<< however other Act bosses were fine and dropped legendary. With my monk i killed diablo after patch and with my wizard today.
It is not so big deal, but I feel little disappointed.