2.0.3 - Rare 100% on bosses?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
03/11/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Goodbrew
I've had a few act boss kills with only blue drops.

Yellows drop so often, it didn't bother me at all - just weird to kill the boss and not get one.

We thought this felt a little weird as well, hence this change.

I do want to clarify that bosses always have had and still do have a chance to drop a Legendary. They'll just now always at least drop a Rare as well.
03/11/2014 11:05 AMPosted by Nevalistis

Yellows drop so often, it didn't bother me at all - just weird to kill the boss and not get one.

I do want to clarify that bosses always have had and still do have a chance to drop a Legendary. They'll just now always at least drop a Rare as well.

So, they don't drop blues at all anymore, right? That is what the hot fix means?

Can you tell me why you can't just increase the leg drop rate for Act Bosses? Or if you have even thought about it?

I realize than people would just farm right to those bosses, but isn't that the point of the game anyway. Kill hard bosses get good loots?
03/11/2014 11:06 AMPosted by GamerJes

So, they don't drop blues at all anymore, right? That is what the hot fix means?

Where does it say that blues no longer drop at all? It only says that you'll get at least a rare drop.
No it means they will drop at least one yellow...you might still get a few blues, or a blue a yellow and a legendary..who knows
Who Cares about RARES!!!! Fix 2H FFS!
03/11/2014 11:08 AMPosted by Tocean

Can you tell me why you can't just increase the leg drop rate for Act Bosses? Or if you have even thought about it?

I realize than people would just farm right to those bosses, but isn't that the point of the game anyway. Kill hard bosses get good loots?

No because the Boss Fights aren't even the hardest fights....I find certain affix combo's to be way harder than any of the bosses (e.g. frozen, arcane, etc.)

No it means they are guaranteed to drop at least one yellow. They can still drop blues, they may drop one yellow and nothing else but you will always get that one yellow.
03/11/2014 11:08 AMPosted by Kadin

Where does it say that blues no longer drop at all? It only says that you'll get at least a rare drop.

Hence why I asked. If it is "a yellow will always drop", that is fine and good. But, if it means "just yellows (and gems) will drop", even better. I was curious.
I still remember getting whites from my first ever Diablo kill. It's as if he ate a hapless peasant on his way to the High Heavens and the peasant's belt and crude boots fell out of his stomach when he died.
Is the legendary chance still the same? I mean, did you add a separate code to have a boss drop a yellow, or did you add the yellow to what the boss would have dropped anyways.

@Nevalists

1. Does this mean no more Blue drops on any first-time boss kills?
2. Any word about % of Orange/Green drops on first-time boss kills besides Diablo?
Aww but the materials from the blues are better. The end result of crafting is always 100 salvaged rares you crafted just ensuring your rare salvage mats are eternally out of control. :(

are they fixing the 2H weapon DPS in 2.03 patch?
i've gotten so many 2H weapon legendary/set, it just felt so wasted :(
03/11/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Garandhero

No because the Boss Fights aren't even the hardest fights....I find certain affix combo's to be way harder than any of the bosses (e.g. frozen, arcane, etc.)

Even if they are not harder they should still have an increased chance of dropping a leg imo.

Honestly, I think the vast majority of players would prefer if they would drop a white instead of a rare, seeing as rares drop like candy and are on average no better than they were pre-2.0

A few questions while we wait for maintenance, if you have time:

1. Have you guys considered a bonus to legendary rate overally or even on end of act bosses after resetting quests? I know RoS will cause many people to use adventure mode but some still prefer playing the storyline.

2. Is there any plan to reveal how much the Torment levels affect legendary drop rate? There is a lot of confusion in the community about this at the moment. It would feel much more rewarding to know that we were farming the most efficient difficulty we can with our current gear, but this is impossible to know without some hard numerical data on increased drop %

Thank you for your time!
Good, the rain of blues felt really crappy for killing an act boss.
Because people have been moaning and crying about bosses not dropping rares. Oh Blizzard how insightful of you. You must really listen to your community and make balanced adjustments that are beneficial for all parties involved. /sarcasm.
03/11/2014 11:14 AMPosted by KTap
tbh a reply to any of the hundreds of 2-hander posts would be a lot more useful than this.

Blues are probably under a gag order about updating us over game-breaking bugs like 2-handers rolling 1h damage. (Probably because there are no updates and 2h loot will still be broken when RoS goes live)