Severe Graphic Glitching

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
well the same thing just happend with me on my windows pc.
about 30 mins of bugs and flickering then pc freeze and then i got a blue screen :(
before the weekend everything went good but yesterday after a few hours of playing the bugging began
i now see this was under mac!
04/13/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Grizzy
Basically, everytime I finish a couple of rift runs and teleport back to town, the graphic became messy. Normally after the 3rd or 4th rift.

In the past, I was always got this problem whenever I enter the rift and teleport back. After the 2.0.4, I can run some rifts before it becomes messy like that.
I am using a Macbookpro Retina 15 inch with 16gb RAM

I've just had this problem again in exactly the same scenario as described above. Third rift completed and teleported back to town and the glitch has kicked in again. My MBP details are posted earlier in the thread but are basically the same as yours - 15" MBP 16GB RAM.
Hey blizz

whatever uve done seems to help.
i only had this problem twice aft 204 (i play for 5~6 hours every night, all day long at weekends)
it used to crash for several times like every day

so, thanks for what use done. but apparently it is not enough.
and i saw what S4d1k said abt the fix in the next patch.
thanks 4 ur effort, hope it will work
Sad news, I'm using the most powerful Macbook Pro, still got the same problem, went crazy and crazy again while teleporting to town or other players.!!!!
Same here. Either graphic corruption after a few hours or just freezing up. While my clan and I can talk on TS the game locks the machine. (Apparently the game blocks the OS shortcuts to terminate tasks.)
I am playing on an iMac late 2012.

Modell-Identifizierung: iMac13,2
Prozessortyp: Intel Core i7
Prozessorgeschwindigkeit: 3,4 GHz
Anzahl der Prozessoren: 1
Gesamtanzahl der Kerne: 4
L2-Cache (pro Kern): 256 KB
L3-Cache: 8 MB
Speicher: 16 GB

and the Graphic card:
Chipsatz-Modell: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX
Typ: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16
VRAM (gesamt): 1024 MB

I am certainly not on a low memory for system memory. Perhaps D3 needs more then 1GiB V-Ram? Didn't see this on the product specs though.

The only errors I see on the console is D3 running in an error by the kernel.
15.04.14 18:33:00,000 kernel[0]: process Diablo III[922] thread 79527 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback
15.04.14 19:07:21,000 kernel[0]: process Diablo III[320] thread 3698 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

Interestingly the is exactly the times when the client froze up.
There are a lot warnings too: (I mean a lot)
15.04.14 17:12:45,781 Diablo III[827]: 17:12:45.780 ERROR: [com.apple.audio.IOThread.client] AUHAL.cpp:2470: AUIOProc: AUHAL::AUIOProc: mono buffer too small (1024 > 512)

Maybe this isn't graphic related after all....
I'll chime in too since I have one of the top-end iMacs and I'm a Mac technician. I've linked a couple screenshots because I noticed a "Not Responding" tag in Activity Monitor. Interesting...

Same story though, this only happens porting in and out of rifts. I've only had the graphics issue once and that was in a rift as well.

Hardware
27" iMac - 3.2 GHz Core i5
Memory - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX - 1GB VRAM

http://imgur.com/alIIYZq
04/13/2014 07:52 AMPosted by Grizzy
Basically, everytime I finish a couple of rift runs and teleport back to town, the graphic became messy. Normally after the 3rd or 4th rift.

In the past, I was always got this problem whenever I enter the rift and teleport back. After the 2.0.4, I can run some rifts before it becomes messy like that.
I am using a Macbookpro Retina 15 inch with 16gb RAM

same exact problem here, same basic system. I get btwn 1-4 rifts before the graphics crap out and I need to restart

hopefully they will have the issue nailed down soon!
I am having the exact same screenshots and problems everyone has described. Before ROS was out as well as the patch, i never encountered such problems.
after about 3 or 4 rifts... it takes time... then it will happen.
http://oi57.tinypic.com/9jm4vn.jpg

http://oi62.tinypic.com/2uh67p0.jpg

Recent pictures... after about 3 rifts...

MacBook Pro Retina 2.7 GHZ 16GB RAM Nvidia 650
How can we launch activity monitor when running on full screen and the game crashes, and you can't do anything, but force quit it or reboot?
No words.. truly.. I go away for a couple weeks on vacation and come back to see this happening to me again.. wow, blizz. fix the game!!! PLEASE !!!
Hi I think I have an idea. I keep my eye on Activity monitor while playing. And after killed Rift Guardion. Virtual memory size increase 0.-0.5GB around. and if It is over 3 GB then Game is crushed.(or freeze on loading screen).

Plus I notice something which that we after killed guardian if i continue to new level then virtual memory size decrease. so if its lower than 3GB than game is not crush and continue. otherwise The game is probably crush(or freeze on loading screen)....

So I have 2 monitor. And I moved activity monitor to another screen and when i done rift, i teleport to Town if Virtual memory is below 3GB. Otherwise I continue...

Suggestion: Virtual memory is insanely increase when reflect damage elite show up. And after kill it. its decrease so low.. Maybe u should optimize Reclect damage elite code. Also Another thing in game to increase Virtual memory, Witch doctor's pets. when it goes huge memory size goes up 1GB and when its death or invisible it goes 750MB decrease....

I have 8 GB RAM and After these happen i added 2 GB RAM to my mac. Totally I got 10GB Ram but this only give me 0.5GB virtual memory size limit. The game crush after goes up 3.5GB of virtual memory...

I hope its helped to solve this issue.. its really bad issue.. We waste key+exp point + gold rewards...

Thank you
Ok. Was just playing the first act of Diablo III and it graphically crashed about 30 minutes in.

With regards to this sort of crash in Warcraft, I don't recall it ever happening until after Mists of Pandaria was released. Somewhere are patch 5.4.2, I think. Don't hold me to the patch number. Plus, Warcraft doesn't always graphically crash like Diablo does.

I can post my .spx file and my D3Debug.txt file here, if someone will tell me how to do a file insert. Thanks.
I see this with my screen set down at 960x600. See US ticket 44232768. Copying from that ticket:

Summary: screen graphics got progressively more and more corrupted as I kept playing, trying to finish the rift. Before I finished it, Diablo crashed.

More details uploaded to https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7XnNjNVjmGgaUtDTXdkbUYwb0k&usp=sharing

Note I examined the D3Debug.txt and it looks like Diablo "ran out of memory"
FWIW, nothing else was running and I have 8Gig and plenty of swap space, so I speculate that you have a memory leak.

Thus has happened two-for-two when I'm trying to solo a rift. I have plenty of shards so I'll try one more time...
Just wanna add my name here, cause i have the same problems - after 30mins at least 1h the graphics start glitching, so i have to restart the game. I didnt found a thread in the EU-Forum, thats why i`m posting here.

mbp 2012 (non retina)
2,7ghz i7
GT650m 1GB
8GB ram

Hopefully blizz will fix this soon!
Today was the worst day for me playing D3 on my Macbook pro. It crashed 6 times in under an hour. The only solution was to stop playing...
I have the same problem. It happens so often that it's difficult to bounty farm. Have to end every second run mid through.

pictures:

http://imgur.com/nL3FQf2,M4EdOFM,mZI4tTY#0
http://imgur.com/nL3FQf2,M4EdOFM,mZI4tTY#1
http://imgur.com/nL3FQf2,M4EdOFM,mZI4tTY#2

Specs:

Modellnavn: MacBook Pro
Modellidentifikator: MacBookPro10,1
Prosessornavn: Intel Core i7
Prosessorhastighet: 2,6 GHz
Antall prosessorer: 1
Totalt antall kjerner: 4
Nivå 2-buffer (per kjerne): 256 kB