Severe Graphic Glitching

Mac Technical Support
Prev 1 2 3 12 Next
Just tested running the game on much lower settings. Not so sure it's heat related anymore. Who knows.

It's preventing me from enjoying Reaper of Souls though and it's bumming me out
Just wanted to add that I am experiencing the same thing. Here is what I posted on the bug report forums b4 finding this thread.

"In Fields of Misery, Northern and Southern Highlands, I am experiencing White flickering visual artifacts on the ground. They have kinda of a tiling effect (square and blocky). The issue seems to be isolated only in these areas, but it is making it difficult for bounties and such."

Hopt this gets addressed (or at least acknowledged) soon.
The same problem just started happening to me. My computer is not running hot and actually runs hotter on WoW. I've never had a problem until RoS. And, all previous levels were fine. It didn't start screen flickering until the Northern and Southern Highlands.

Also, when playing as a crusader with my active law, that really cause the flickering to go berserk. I don't think it is our macs.
03/25/2014 07:35 PMPosted by Bigby75
Also, when playing as a crusader with my active law, that really cause the flickering to go berserk. I don't think it is our macs.

I don't think so either. I think it's the Mac version of the game and it's a software issue.

Edit: Tested it out by running fans on max and my laptop stayed cool to the touch, but the glitch still occurred in Halls of Agony. Whatever is causing the textures to flicker I'm guessing is the problem. Certain particle effects seem to trigger it. I know if I go into the Highlands it's going to happen.
03/25/2014 07:12 PMPosted by Xeres
Just wanted to add that I am experiencing the same thing. Here is what I posted on the bug report forums b4 finding this thread.

Xeres does your Mac have a GT 650M also? My brother has a 2011 Macbook with an ATI card and is not experiencing any of these problems, so I'm beginning to wonder if this is Nvidia related...
Please encourage any of your friends/relatives having these graphics issues to contribute to this post because it hasn't been addressed by an MVP or blue for weeks even though it's been discussed in multiple Mac Tech Support posts.
I have had the above severe graphics issues occur about four times after about 10 hours of gameplay. I use gfxCardStatus to switch to the NVIDIA before starting D3 and smcFanControl to keep the temp from going above 70 (which requires the fans be at 5200 rpm).

15'' Mid-2012 Macbook Pro

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

OS X 10.9.2

Resolution is 1680 x 1050
Same issue here ... im in contact with the german support team i will link this thread
Focking Blizz, fix this sh1t
03/26/2014 06:19 PMPosted by RobbyBerlin
Same issue here ... im in contact with the german support team i will link this thread

Good news that this has finally received some attention. Please let us know what the German team has to say.
That would be greatly appreciated.

I'm really not enjoying having my graphics go nuts when I'm trying to clear a region.
Experiencing the same glitches as everyone here. This is the only game where these glitches occur.

Late 2013 iMac
i5 2.9ghz
8 gig ram
gtx 750m
So do we all have an Nvidia card in common? Skimmed through this thread and didn't see anyone with an older Mac and an ATI on here...
Mornin’,

same flickering issue in Fields of Misery here, too. Specs:

iMac 21.5" (Mid 2011), Intel i7 2.8GHz
16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
OSX 10.9.2

Flickering is much reduced if I turn off shadows and/or go to Low Quality in the game’s settings.

My bet is on texture maps overlays – decals, grass, shadows, Crusader / Demon Hunter / Monk skill signs on the ground etc.. Might be too many overlays are stacked in Fields… for the code / graphics driver to come to grounds with. Or perhaps I run out of VRAM due to too many textures with my measily 512 MB on the AMD graphics unit.

Edit: mistook, again, the Crusader for a Templar. Corrected.
Hmm the german support team is not very helpful ... they do a lot but we can't find the solution,

for now they advised for set the resolution to lower then 1920X1080 and max FPS to 40
they think its a problem with overheating ...

in my proint of view its a horrible lack of resources so we load to much things in the VRAM and do not use any technology of cleaning it if the resource is unused... and i think, please let me know what you mind, but i get these erros very often if i use a Portal on rifts ( new graphics ) or use a teleport
Just came from the EU server to report the same thing.

We don't have a mac tech support on the EU forums so came here to post as well.

I've been running Diablo 3 on my Mac for more than a year now and never experienced anything like this. This happened with the patch update.

Truly psychadelic experience.
http://oi60.tinypic.com/r7pqv5.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vt7f9e.jpg

Hoping for a solution soon :(
I'd recommend Hardcore players to not play AT ALL until this solution gets fixed. You won't be able to tell what's poison, or desecrator or anything. Chances of death are extremely high as soon as this starts happening.
I have this same major graphic glitch issue, though it only occurs occasionally (often after an hour or two or playing) and restarting fixes it temporarily (not ideal when you're in the middle of a rift though!).

MacBook Pro Mid-2012
2.6 GHz Intel i7
16GB RAM
NVIDIA GT 650M 1024MB
OS X 10.9.2
03/27/2014 05:34 AMPosted by grgjsp
I'd recommend Hardcore players to not play AT ALL until this solution gets fixed. You won't be able to tell what's poison, or desecrator or anything. Chances of death are extremely high as soon as this starts happening.

Lol I'm so used to it now I try and finish what I'm doing (bounties/ubers/etc) before I restart game.

You can tell what stuff is still on the ground and no close calls due to glitching yet.

Restarting the game constantly is frustrating when you want to finish bounties for an act...

03/27/2014 03:51 AMPosted by RobbyBerlin
for now they advised for set the resolution to lower then 1920X1080 and max FPS to 40
they think its a problem with overheating ...

Already tried this it doesn't make a difference. It doesn't have anything to do with heating because no other games do this, and going to a place that will cause the texture flickering will trigger this psychedelic glitch even faster on a cool laptop. GPU failure due to overheating looks different. If there is throttling occurring, then it's the way D3 handles that throttling, and I've played this game for years without this issue on the same computer so...
I have the same problem as all of you.
Using a mac like op.
Only getting this in adventure mode