Fetish army/sycophants questions/bugs

Witch Doctor
So, I found the Voodoo Mask for increased pet damaage and decided to try a pet build.

First question/bug, is Fetish army supposed to kill your fetish sycophants?
--- Every time I cast fetish army any fetishes I had out from sycophants just keels over and dies.
--- I feel like this is a bug but maybe I have no idea how Big Blue wants it to work.

Secondly, are fetishes counted as pets?
-- I'm not totally sure but I don't think they are getting the proper buff from the increased pet damage.

Can anyone comment or clarify, please?
At the moment, your best resource is here:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11915051972

Although we'll need to re-organize all that info soon. Quite tedious to read through so many pages of posts.
Your first issue sounds like a bug, I assume they are dieing well before the 60 seconds they are supposed to live? Fetish Sycophants are their own separate summon and really should not be affected by the Fetish Army skill. Fetish Sycophants are also not affected by Zunimassa's set bonus.

Second, yes Fetishes are pets. I also have a Mask of Jeram and have tested it for myself (specifically with Fetish Army). I can not say if Fetish Sycophants are affected because I did not specifically test them, but they should also receive increased damage.

Edit: I did a little more testing. To have a baseline Fetish Army deal 180% weapons damage per hit. I tested each type of Fetish both with The Mask of Jeram equipped and with my extremely similar stat wise Zunimassa's Vision. I had around 72K DPS for this test. Here are the results.
Army
Hit: 125K Crit: 200K (no mask)
Hit: 250K Crit: 350K (mask)

Sycophants
Hit: 120K Crit: 190K (no mask)
Hit: 250K Crit: 390K (mask)

Gidbinn
Hit: 45K Crit: None (no mask)
Hit: 85K Crit: None (mask)

Sycophants and Army Fetishes seem to be the same 180% DPS per hit. The slight difference in damage is probably just poor averaging on my part on high/low ball attacks damage wise. This does at very least confirm that the Mask of Jeram works with all of them. Another note is as far as I can tell the Gidbinn Fetishes can not crit.
Thank you guys for the information. DarkestLight, thanks for confirming that they do get the damage bonus; I didn't have time last night to fully test.

As for the sycophants, any and all that are out when I cast army just immediately die and I'm left with only those summoned from army which then have their normal life cycle. I also think that fetish Army prevents sycophants from spawning, but I will have to do some more testing to confirm or deny this.

Again, thank you.
Hey there. Been playing with the fetish sychophants for a while now, and just yesterday got my mask of jeram! SO HAPPY! Anyways, yes they do get the damage increase. (Knowledge from simply playing with just them and being able to clear the content faster, and generally seeing the numbers increase quite significantly) and your sychophants dieing after the cast of fetish army is not a bug. At least, everyone else has the same "issue" then. It is always best to get your fetish army first, then start pumping those sychophants out!! (Knowledge: from scouring the forums, following this build for a while, in hopes to find this mask :) )

Sry for the wall of text, but hope this helps !
http://kr.battle.net/d3/ko/profile/JiJin-3245/hero/26629458

Just returning from a long break, and bringing this guy out of retirement.

He is a !@#$-load of fun.

No 2.0 upgrades for him yet, but soloing Torment I HC is a piece of cake -- with his otherwise mediocre gear built for thorns and IAS (with a decent amount of LoH).

I also have a very old white dagger (bought for a million gold) with +20% IAS. :-D A quick switch 'n splinter when the fetishes get low is very nice.

Zombie Wall is surprisingly good -- very high proc rate -- when enemies are so consistently clustered by pets and then Grasped (GH and ZW cooldowns are perfectly in sync, too.) I use GH to get my dogs as well.

I so look forward to getting the axe!

The real fireworks, however, come when you make friendly with a monk and have him run Retribution. ;-)
Do the fetishes spawned from the passive deal physical damage, and thus gain damage from gear that has +physical% damage?
03/16/2014 06:59 AMPosted by DckDastardly
Thank you guys for the information. DarkestLight, thanks for confirming that they do get the damage bonus; I didn't have time last night to fully test.

As for the sycophants, any and all that are out when I cast army just immediately die and I'm left with only those summoned from army which then have their normal life cycle. I also think that fetish Army prevents sycophants from spawning, but I will have to do some more testing to confirm or deny this.

Again, thank you.

I forgot to mention, i did also confirm that Sycophants do die when spawning Army (long before they should). Im willing to bet they just got accidentally included in the part where Fetish Army kills all fetishes from the skill before summoning more, probably due to having the same name. It does not seem intentional.

I can also say for certain that Sycophants can be summoned while Army is out, I do not know if there is a hard cap though.

03/16/2014 11:59 AMPosted by TheEscapist
Do the fetishes spawned from the passive deal physical damage, and thus gain damage from gear that has +physical% damage?

I do not have an appropriate item to test this but I believe I read on these forums that physical damage does work with summons. If the answer has not been found by the time I get an item to test it for myself then I can test it.
@DarkestLight

Very interesting find on the Gidbinn!
Here's the guide I'm working on and I wanted to make sure your testing is included:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749472?page=1
03/16/2014 07:52 PMPosted by MCP
@DarkestLight

Very interesting find on the Gidbinn!
Here's the guide I'm working on and I wanted to make sure your testing is included:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091749472?page=1

You have my permission if that is what you seek. And just to clarify that was a loot 2.0 Gidbinn found fresh off of Diablo, in case it turns out there is some difference. The new Grin Reaper is different then the old one with the exact same text, who knows of other items have been changed too.