If I just want to farm legendaries...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
yay regular gear and torment gear....two types right there! sweet
Why aren't Blues confirming if torment drop more legendaries than lower difficulties?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60. You can play at whatever difficulty feels right for you, and have a chance at the same items. This will change a little for players who reach level 70, though, since a small number of items only drop in Torment I - VI.

Now what exactly do you mean by "a small number" for Torment? what makes master different?

The slider tick works, it states it increases the amount of legendaries dropped, so higher torment should yield more legendaries if you can do it at a fast pace.

He is talking about the stats on the items, a legendary found in t6 won't be better then a legendary found in normal. This makes sense as if higher difficulties simply yielded better stats on legendaries, it makes players feel like they have to play on higher difficulties or else they just won't find good stats on their drops. Also in RoS there are certain legendaries that can ONLY drop in Torment.
03/18/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Apathy
03/18/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Grimiku
The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60.

03/09/2014 01:58 AMPosted by DrothVader
HOWEVER, if the game DOES NOT work this way then the devs have absolutely no clue what they're doing and the lower tier needs removed.

The thing about that is it isn't really "tiers" or anything. Items with that he's referring to as tiers really just mean they have a chance to roll with either of those stat ranges. It never worked as tiers, that would be poor game design. All difficulty increases is the drop rate.
03/18/2014 09:31 AMPosted by Bunshin
Are the drops in normal mode the same quality? Does killing more monsters equate to more drops?

The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60. You can play at whatever difficulty feels right for you, and have a chance at the same items. This will change a little for players who reach level 70, though, since a small number of items only drop in Torment I - VI.

This seems contradictory to what a CM said in the EU forums (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10032603235#16):

Yup, the legendary drop chance will increases the higher you raise your torment difficulty. Be aware though, that farming efficiently in higher torment difficulties will require a strong build as well as good gear, because otherwise you will not be able to kill monsters quickly—if you can find a good balance between of playing at a high difficulty setting while at the same time staying within your comfort zone killing monsters quickly, then you should be in a good place for finding legendaries.

It should be mentioned as well that the expansion will have legendaries that will drop only for people playing in torment difficulties.

So, I understand that the "quality" of the items is the same no matter what (lvl 70 torment exclusive legendaries aside)... but does increasing the torment difficulty slider increase the legendary drop rate or no?
03/18/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Kappa

This seems contradictory to what a CM said in the EU forums (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10032603235#16):

Yup, the legendary drop chance will increases the higher you raise your torment difficulty. Be aware though, that farming efficiently in higher torment difficulties will require a strong build as well as good gear, because otherwise you will not be able to kill monsters quickly—if you can find a good balance between of playing at a high difficulty setting while at the same time staying within your comfort zone killing monsters quickly, then you should be in a good place for finding legendaries.

It should be mentioned as well that the expansion will have legendaries that will drop only for people playing in torment difficulties.

So, I understand that the "quality" of the items is the same no matter what (lvl 70 torment exclusive legendaries aside)... but does increasing the torment difficulty slider increase the legendary drop rate or no?

It's not contradictory at all. Grimiku is talking about quality, that other guy is talking about drop rate. Quality is the same no matter the difficulty, drop rates increase through Torment difficulties.
03/18/2014 10:56 AMPosted by Ketchup
Why aren't Blues confirming if torment drop more legendaries than lower difficulties?

It seems kind of redundant since it tells you it does in game. "Additional gold/XP/Legendary drop rate per tick." seems pretty straight forward. If its bugged that is another matter I imagine they would have stated it was bugged though by now its been some time since the difficulty changes, but it is suppose to increase the rate.
Number of Affixes and stat values are a constant.

Drop rate % are changed by difficulty level.

At 70 ONLY, a 'Torment only' loot table is added, but only for a very small pool of legs.

Until RoS, and 70, Torment is merely a drop rate modifier.

And that's jinga.
God do you guys not read the forums or what?

There are Torment only legendaries so you cant just farm normal and get every single possible legendary. This only applies for lvl 70 legendaries. This is what they mean.
Geez, reading comprehension can't be THAT difficult, can it?

Grimiku said that the difficulty does not affect the items you find. Meaning quality of these items.

He did NOT say that the drop RATE is not affected.

This HAS been confirmed by the blues. They just did not give out the numbers. And I hope they never will.
03/18/2014 11:16 AMPosted by AOHNH

This HAS been confirmed by the blues. They just did not give out the numbers. And I hope they never will.

Numbers ruin D3. /sagenod
03/18/2014 11:13 AMPosted by AOHNH
Geez, reading comprehension can't be THAT difficult, can it?

Grimiku said that the difficulty does not affect the items you find. Meaning quality of these items.

He did NOT say that the drop RATE is not affected.

For many posters English is their second language and it's very easy for them to misinterpret words and mix them up.

Quantity and quality for example. Just screwing up those two words will make a typical D3 forum poster sit there red in the face trying to understand why he isn't understanding the game and it's rules.

In my experience it's easiest to communicate here by saying things that cannot be misconstrued.

1. There are legs and sets that drop ONLY in torment but they are level 70 items so you don't have to worry until RoS comes.

2. There are no difference between items that drop in Torment and non-Torment modes in terms of stat rolls.

3. There is an increase in the amount of magic find and gold find in Torment that goes up for every tick of the slider.

True say. No can fight words I say with brain. Only words I say are true words. Above is true. All else is no true.

I don't need numbers, just link the confirmation, please.

Also, no need to get snarky with reading comprehension comments, what he said was not the whole picture, and it IS misleading to say "The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60," without at least mentioning the drop rate affect.
Also, when 2.0.1 was released the torment sliders had different language that didn't mention anything about an increase in the chances of legendary items dropping.
03/18/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Kappa

I don't need numbers, just link the confirmation, please.

Also, no need to get snarky with reading comprehension comments, what he said was not the whole picture, and it IS misleading to say "The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60," without at least mentioning the drop rate affect.

Open D3, click game settings, change difficulty to torment, look at the left side, and read where it says "Additional gold/XP/legendary drop rate per slider tick"
you noobs never factor in hardcore... how are hardcore players supposed to get t6 only gear... go back to wow... at level 70 the fastest way to get legs is do as many bounties and rifts in t1
Some people are having some serious reading comprehension issues in here.

The blue quote in this thread speaks NOTHING about rarity or quantity. it is specifically referring to what is available what is possible to find.

The slider bar specifically says that higher torments have increased CHANCE to find legendaries meaning higher QUANTITY. HOW EVER that does not mean you will find more if you cannot clear higher torment levels fast enough, because quantity of monsters killed also plays a huge factor in this scenario.

The blue statement gives some clarification on the idea that most people had, that you had to be in torment level 1 or higher to find the better rolled legendaries. The blue poster says this only applies to the level 70 items. This is the only part i find questionable because there seems to be sufficient evidence throughout the D3 community that you can get lower rolled legendary's at 60 if you are below torment level 1. But the blue poster didn't technically touch on rolled stats.. the poster was mostly talking about the items themselves specifically, which is a true statement (that you can find the same legendaries (name wise) on any difficulties at level 60)
You don't need hand-holding to lead you to reality. Blues don't have to spell every little thing out, especially things already stated in-game, and in game guide pages. In short, everything I said in...

03/18/2014 11:10 AMPosted by GamerJes
Number of Affixes and stat values are a constant.

Drop rate % are changed by difficulty level.

At 70 ONLY, a 'Torment only' loot table is added, but only for a very small pool of legs.

Until RoS, and 70, Torment is merely a drop rate modifier.

And that's jinga.
03/18/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Lasagna
you noobs never factor in hardcore... how are hardcore players supposed to get t6 only gear... go back to wow... at level 70 the fastest way to get legs is do as many bounties and rifts in t1

There is no T6 only gear. There's Torment only gear.