If I just want to farm legendaries...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
03/18/2014 11:23 AMPosted by Arobee

I don't need numbers, just link the confirmation, please.

Also, no need to get snarky with reading comprehension comments, what he said was not the whole picture, and it IS misleading to say "The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60," without at least mentioning the drop rate affect.

Open D3, click game settings, change difficulty to torment, look at the left side, and read where it says "Additional gold/XP/legendary drop rate per slider tick"

Read the post above yours.

That's my understanding of how it works... Torment sliders affect drop rate, but not quality. But given the change to the in-game slider language and lack of anything to corroborate, why not confirm it?
03/18/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Kappa

Play the game. There's your confirmation.
03/18/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Grimiku
03/18/2014 09:31 AMPosted by Bunshin
Are the drops in normal mode the same quality? Does killing more monsters equate to more drops?

The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60. You can play at whatever difficulty feels right for you, and have a chance at the same items. This will change a little for players who reach level 70, though, since a small number of items only drop in Torment I - VI.

You really did us no service with this answer -.-

We understand that item ROLLS are not controlled by difficulty.

Do difficulty changes INCREASE legendary drop %? The ticker on torment alludes to that, but also seems very misleading. Its almost like y'all do not want us to actually know.
03/18/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Lasagna
how are hardcore players supposed to get t6 only gear

There is no T6 only gear noob.

Search button. By far the BEST thing ever invented.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11914882166#5

Also, no need to get snarky with reading comprehension comments, what he said was not the whole picture, and it IS misleading to say "The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60," without at least mentioning the drop rate affect.

What he said is true. Some players immediately tried to misinterpret and twist the meaning, without doing SIMPLE research first.
03/18/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Lasagna
you noobs never factor in hardcore... how are hardcore players supposed to get t6 only gear... go back to wow... at level 70 the fastest way to get legs is do as many bounties and rifts in t1

There is "Torment only" gear, at 70. There is no difference between "Torment only" found on T1, or on T6. Torment is Torment. You only change the drop rate %.

What he said is true. Some players immediately tried to misinterpret and twist the meaning, without doing SIMPLE research first.

Of course, it is a Blizz post. They are torn apart and put back together, in odd shapes, more often than a lego set in a daycare.
03/18/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Dreldan
Some people are having some serious reading comprehension issues in here.

The blue quote in this thread speaks NOTHING about rarity or quantity. it is specifically referring to what is available what is possible to find.

The slider bar specifically says that higher torments have increased CHANCE to find legendaries meaning higher QUANTITY. HOW EVER that does not mean you will find more if you cannot clear higher torment levels fast enough, because quantity of monsters killed also plays a huge factor in this scenario.

The blue statement gives some clarification on the idea that most people had, that you had to be in torment level 1 or higher to find the better rolled legendaries. The blue poster says this only applies to the level 70 items. This is the only part i find questionable because there seems to be sufficient evidence throughout the D3 community that you can get lower rolled legendary's at 60 if you are below torment level 1. But the blue poster didn't technically touch on rolled stats.. the poster was mostly talking about the items themselves specifically, which is a true statement (that you can find the same legendaries (name wise) on any difficulties at level 60)

On the one hand you rail on people looking for clarification of something that is ONLY mentioned on the in-game slider, and on the other hand you seek clarification of something that was JUST clarified?

Then you give "D3 community evidence" as a reason to seek clarification of what the guy just clarified... when there are numerous posts about drop rate not being any better at higher torment levels.

Again.. I have no reason to question (and I don't really) what the in-game slider says, but the language on the difficulty slider has changed since 2.0.1's release, and people are still asking if it's true.

So, in a thread that seeks clarification about item drops and difficulty, why not seek confirmation of that as well?
03/18/2014 11:29 AMPosted by Kappa
That's my understanding of how it works... Torment sliders affect drop rate, but not quality. But given the change to the in-game slider language and lack of anything to corroborate, why not confirm it?

The simple FACT that they changed it points out that they INTENDED it to be read as it CURRENTLY reads.

Why the hell do we need confirmation on EVERYTHING in the game?
03/18/2014 11:34 AMPosted by GamerJes

Of course, it is a Blizz post. They are torn apart and put back together, in odd shapes, more often than a lego set in a daycare.

They don't allow Legos in daycare silly. Kids can swallow them. They have Mega Blocks. Don't confuse them ever again.
03/18/2014 11:35 AMPosted by AOHNH

Critical thinking is not a highly valued skill these days.
03/18/2014 11:36 AMPosted by Brad
03/18/2014 11:34 AMPosted by GamerJes

They don't allow Legos in daycare silly. Kids can swallow them. They have Mega Blocks. Don't confuse them ever again.

My bad. Mega (rip off) Blocks then. :)
03/18/2014 11:33 AMPosted by AOHNH

Didn't know to search the bug report forums, and next time i'll do something a little more than the "simple" research I did actually do, but thanks!
03/18/2014 11:35 AMPosted by AOHNH
03/18/2014 11:29 AMPosted by Kappa

The simple FACT that they changed it points out that they INTENDED it to be read as it CURRENTLY reads.

You just confirmed that they confirmed it... /thread?
Here is the (current) list of Torment-only (lvl 70 only) Legendaries:

Class Restricted Item Sets
The Legacy of Raekor (Barbarian Set)
Firebird's Finery (Wizard Set)
Embodiment of the Marauder (Demon Hunter Set)
Raiment of a Thousand Storms (Monk Set)
Armor of Akkhan (Crusader Set)
Helltooth Harness (Witch Doctor Set)

Theme Sets (Non class-restrictive)
Monkey King's Garb
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
Thorns of the Invoker
The Shadow's Mantle
Might of the Earth
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
Bastions of Will
Istavan's Paired Blades

Follower Items
Smoking Thurible (Enchantress)
Hand of the Prophet (Enchantress)
Skeleton Key (Scoundrel)
Ribald Etchings (Scoundrel)
Enchanting Favor (Templar)
Relic of Akarat (Templar)

Legendary Potions
Bottomless Potion of the Tower
Bottomless Potion of the Diamond
Bottomless Potion of Regeneration
Bottomless Potion of the Leech
Bottomless Potion of Mutation
Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid

As you can see, the list is actually fairly small. The items selected for Torment-only are to provide additional rewards and incentives to players who have advanced to higher difficulties. The vast majority of Legendaries, though, both new and old, are able to drop in every difficulty.

All legendary and set items have different drop rates which means some of the strongest items drop less than others.
03/18/2014 11:33 AMPosted by AOHNH

Thanks for the link. The game doesn't give a good explanation. It only states additional slider raises drop rate, but not torment 1. Since no where you can see how much drop % increased, so some people don't like to assume things. Learning from all of this, this game really has two difficulties to play with: normal and torment with sliders. Why would anyone play anything in between?
03/18/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Grimiku
03/18/2014 09:31 AMPosted by Bunshin
Are the drops in normal mode the same quality? Does killing more monsters equate to more drops?

The difficulty setting you're playing has no effect on the items you find at level 60. You can play at whatever difficulty feels right for you, and have a chance at the same items. This will change a little for players who reach level 70, though, since a small number of items only drop in Torment I - VI.

Is this like... seriously? So the best way to gear up is to farm on Normal, or whatever the lowest diff is called. Then to jump into T I - VI for uber lewtz?
Why are there any difficulties in-between? Chars get powerful enough that they benefit from better exp and still move at the same speed?

This still just seems really odd... to have so many difficulty options with so little differentiation - Normal or Torment.
I think that blue text just confused everyone
03/18/2014 09:33 AMPosted by Seeders
You get an unknown % increase of legendary drops in torment, but from what I can tell its better to play at a difficulty where you can one shot most things. Your clear speed will be better than the legendary drop rate increase.

what I don't understand is that Blizz spent a lot of effort trying to make a gaming experience and explaining on the ways they like players to play (nerf some things, buff some things)

... then they give no real reward for challenging players and everyone turns this into Need for Speed: Diablo Run where you just fly through pixels regardless of any game design
I've been farming on Normal because, while I can kill things pretty quickly on T2, the number of mobs killed is nowhere near as fast as on Normal. Killing waves as fast as I can teleport, tumble, and dash is very conducive to farming.