If I just want to farm legendaries...

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
I find it hilarious that an MVP who has played beta PTR does not get it. If you have played PTR non-beta you would understand drops are not dependent on higher levels. Meaning even normal will drops the same legendaries as T levels right now. What the blue is saying only means the special set items that drop at 70 if you buy ROS.

Everyone thinks (like 99% of the people) you get better drops right now on higher levels which is absolutely wrong. If you want to farm legendaries just run fast. I like to run T levels for XP and legendaries. But it absolutely does not mean I get better drops than someone playing normal.
03/18/2014 12:03 PMPosted by fminthehood
Everyone thinks (like 99% of the people) you get better drops right now on higher levels which is absolutely wrong.

Not better, more.
What I find hilarious is that some players seem to completely ignore the fact that you also gimp your exp gain at lower levels.

If you don't care about paragon levels, new gems, and new RoS legendary items - good for you. Stop pretending that the game should revolve around you only.
You do not get MORE drops on higher difficulties. Are you guys potatoes or what? There is a small set of legendaries that only drop at Torment 1-6.

That is, they are torment exclusive drop. But that doesn't mean the droprate is higher or anything. You have the same chance of getting a legendary at NORMAL and at TORMENT 6. There is just a couple of level 70 RoS legendaries that are only obtainable to Torment farming and of course the RNG of getting them.

I can't believe people this days can't even READ a sentence. They read half of it and start typing...
03/18/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Daemon
You do not get MORE drops on higher difficulties. Are you guys potatoes or what? There is a small set of legendaries that only drop at Torment 1-6.

That is, they are torment exclusive drop. But that doesn't mean the droprate is higher or anything. You have the same chance of getting a legendary at NORMAL and at TORMENT 6. There is just a couple of level 70 RoS legendaries that are only obtainable to Torment farming and of course the RNG of getting them.

I can't believe people this days can't even READ a sentence. They read half of it and start typing...

You're silly... and wrong.
03/18/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Arobee
drop rates increase through Torment difficulties.

Could have fooled me. There seems to be no difference at all.
03/18/2014 12:26 PMPosted by Daemon
You do not get MORE drops on higher difficulties. Are you guys potatoes or what?

Then why does the slider claim to increase leg drop chance on higher ticks?
I guess I'm a potato.
03/18/2014 12:24 PMPosted by Graill
inquiring minds want to know.

Other than bugs, level 62 characters shouldn't find anything above level 62 gear. That means no level 70 gear.

Recipes might be the only exception, but I'm not sure there.
03/18/2014 10:47 AMPosted by Proshank0104
Now what exactly do you mean by "a small number" for Torment? what makes master different?

as in, only some items can drop in torment obviously :)
03/18/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Arobee
drop rates increase through Torment difficulties.

Could have fooled me. There seems to be no difference at all.
[quote="120886015959"]You do not get MORE drops on higher difficulties. Are you guys potatoes or what?
Then why does the slider claim to increase leg drop chance on higher ticks?
I guess I'm a potato.

drop rates increase but you kill slower

the idea is not to incentive's higher torments but mean that higher torment players that want more of a challange don't lose efficiency

its about changing the legendary to total drop ratio

less kills means fewer items but the game make each individual item more likely to be a legendary

overall the game wants a steady pace for all players in terms of legendary drops
Here’s what’s in store for Torment-only Legendaries

Class Restricted Item Sets
The Legacy of Raekor (Barbarian Set)
Firebird's Finery (Wizard Set)
Embodiment of the Marauder (Demon Hunter Set)
Raiment of a Thousand Storms (Monk Set)
Armor of Akkhan (Crusader Set)
Helltooth Harness (Witch Doctor Set)

Theme Sets (Non class-restrictive)
Monkey King's Garb
Vyr's Amazing Arcana
Thorns of the Invoker
The Shadow's Mantle
Might of the Earth
Raiment of the Jade Harvester
Bastions of Will
Istavan's Paired Blades

Follower Items
Smoking Thurible (Enchantress)
Hand of the Prophet (Enchantress)
Skeleton Key (Scoundrel)
Ribald Etchings (Scoundrel)
Enchanting Favor (Templar)
Relic of Akarat (Templar)

Legendary Potions
Bottomless Potion of the Tower
Bottomless Potion of the Diamond
Bottomless Potion of Regeneration
Bottomless Potion of the Leech
Bottomless Potion of Mutation
Bottomless Potion of Kulle-Aid

note that all items are level 70 only so still in todays game torment has no special in-game meaning
03/18/2014 12:35 PMPosted by Slaal

That is the trick of Torment. The drop rate is higher than lower difficulties, but when it takes you 2/3/5 times longer to kill mobs, the leg/hour balances out in the end. That is why I always tell people to stick to a difficulty they can clear at a decent pace, rather than push the envelope. No real incentive to push the bar until 70.
03/18/2014 12:38 PMPosted by GamerJes

That is the trick of Torment. The drop rate is higher than lower difficulties, but when it takes you 2/3/5 times longer to kill mobs, the leg/hour balances out in the end. That is why I always tell people to stick to a difficulty they can clear at a decent pace, rather than push the envelope. No real incentive to push the bar until 70.

the idea is not to incentive's higher torments but mean that higher torment players that want more of a challange don't lose efficiency

its about changing the legendary to total drop ratio

less kills means fewer items but the game make each individual item more likely to be a legendary

overall the game wants a steady pace for all players in terms of legendary drops

i already know

Honestly, no real reason to push the bar AT 70 either, unless the difference between Master and Torment is a bar (which in hardcore it probably is but not really in softcore). Otherwise, if you can fly through T1 at 70, it STILL might be more efficient that struggling through T6 since the item quality will be the same between the two difficulties.
03/18/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Jonk

Honestly, no real reason to push the bar AT 70 either, unless the difference between Master and Torment is a bar (which in hardcore it probably is but not really in softcore). Otherwise, if you can fly through T1 at 70, it STILL might be more efficient that struggling through T6 since the item quality will be the same between the two difficulties.

I look at it the same way I look at Keywardens and UBRS now... assumption, yep, but it is all I have to work with right now. By that I mean, if I want to farm legs, T1/T2 obviously. And I'll up the T level when I feel up to trying for Torment only items. As I said, it is my assumption that higher T level will mean better odds of T only items, like T level does for UBRS drops. Might be a pipe dream, but it is all I have until facts happen.
Some people are just...

Anyway, what is confirmed and not.

Quantity= the amount of items that drop.

Quality= grey-> white-> magic-> rare-> legendary/set.

Is that you will get "Better" aka higher quality loot the higher you go up in difficulty. The quantity is still the same. To say it so people MAY understand is that if 3 items did drop in normal, it will still drop 3 items in T6.. but those 3 will have a higher chance to be of better quality(legendary) the higher Torment difficulty you play in.
The in-game slider and a "blue" confirmed this.

The difficulty has no influence what so ever for the number of affixes and the initial rolls of the affixes, that's just RNG.

At RoS there will be specific Torment legs that has already been posted in this thread.
Some people are just...

/snip

Is that you will get "Better" aka higher quality loot the higher you go up in difficulty. The quantity is still the same.

I appreciate confirmed clarification, but you guys seriously need to drop the " duh!" thing...
The torment slider clearly says higher chance for legs to drop. There is only one way to interpret that, and thats literally. If you were to take it literally... you increase the slider you increase your chances. AK quantity of legs.

If this is NOT the case, then Blizz needs to reword the slider, but don't be all " oh em gee why do people think higher torment = more legs!" cuz it clearly says so, that's why.

Are you guys talking about being annoyed with people thinking the ROLLS will be better in higher torment? I would agree that's a leap. Not sure where that would come from.
I don't understand. Didn't a blue specifically say that the difficulty has no effect on items until RoS comes out and you are level 70? Why are people still trying to say that the drop rates/qualities vary between difficulty levels?
Higher Torment will not drop BETTER legs. They, however, will drop stuff more frequently.

And there are some stuff that is only available in Torment 1 or higher (ie, the 5 legend potions), if you play in master or lower, you will not see those.
03/18/2014 01:04 PMPosted by Trance
Some people are just...

Anyway, what is confirmed and not.

Quantity= the amount of items that drop.

Quality= grey-> white-> magic-> rare-> legendary/set.

Is that you will get "Better" aka higher quality loot the higher you go up in difficulty. The quantity is still the same. To say it so people MAY understand is that if 3 items did drop in normal, it will still drop 3 items in T6.. but those 3 will have a higher chance to be of better quality the higher difficulty you play in.
The in-game slider and a "blue" confirmed this. Still we don't know if it increases from normal-master. Only at Torment. But I would assume it's higher from normal to master.

Now that is sorted. The difficulty has no influence what so ever for the number of affixes and the initial rolls of the affixes, that's just RNG.

At RoS there will be specific Torment legs that has already been posted in this thread.

TL:DR : I didn't read the blue post or I totally misunderstood it so I figured I'd make up some !@#$ and post it here.