If I just want to farm legendaries...

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
From what I've understood, the more frequent legendary drops are only relevant for the new legendaries when you are level 70.
03/18/2014 01:37 PMPosted by ChrRome
From what I've understood, the more frequent legendary drops are only relevant for the new legendaries when you are level 70.

Since some may have missed some of the clarifications linked to in this thread, I'll try to consolidate:

The "quality" (e.g., affix choices and ranges) of items that you pick up is the same, from Normal to T6. Confirmed earlier in this thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12091349617#15

In other words, the number of affixes and range of values for those affixes does not change due to difficulty.

The legendary drop rate (e.g., "likelihood" of a legendary dropping from a monster) increases with Torment slider increases. Confirmed by the in game difficulty description (which has been updated since 2.0.1 landed) a CM in the bug report forum here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11914882166#5 and also on the EU forums here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10032603235#16

At level 70 only, playing torment allows some torment-only legendaries to drop (confirmed in the posts linked above).

The only thing that might be potentially ambiguous/unknown that I've seen mentioned in this thread:

- Normal-Master has no bonus legendary drop rate increase (Can probably assume there is no bonus given it's absence from the in-game difficulty menu)
- Torment I may not increase legendary drop rate... (Presumably it does, but there is some very very slight ambiguity mentioned in this thread because the in-game description says the rate increases per slider tick, and on T1 the slider has not technically been increased any "ticks"...)
- We don't know the exact amount of legendary drop rate increase (Blizzard has not said and probably won't)
03/18/2014 01:37 PMPosted by xepharalon
TL:DR : I didn't read the blue post or I totally misunderstood it so I figured I'd make up some !@#$ and post it here.

Yep, you seem to have less IQ to actually understand it.
03/18/2014 10:57 AMPosted by valraven38
The slider tick works, it states it increases the amount of legendaries dropped, so higher torment should yield more legendaries if you can do it at a fast pace.

we can ignore time (fast / slow) if we do the same runs...

for example, if I do 10 festering woods @ T1 & T6, T6 should give more leg/sets...

from my observation so far, torment difficulty is not doing anything on drops (or very small, like T1=1%, T2=2%, ... , T6=6% :) increase, which we dont notice)
My goodness, there is a lot of unproven information mixed in with some nonsense in this thread. I'll list the things that we definitely know for sure.

3. From Normal >> Master, you get increased chances for magical and rare items.

4. From Torment 1 >> Torment 6 you get increased chances for magical and rare items as well as an increased chance for legendaries (no specific numbers have been given to us).

ha ha. no. no there is not an increase in magical and rare items as difficulty adds absolutely no MF.

03/18/2014 11:20 AMPosted by Darkstar
3. There is an increase in the amount of magic find and gold find in Torment that goes up for every tick of the slider.

again .. no there is not an increase in Magic Find, only Gold Find.
03/18/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Skuabbles
3. Whatever happened to figuring out what's fun in a game and pursuing that?

I don't knock your version of "fun" so please don't knock mine...I enjoy farming a certain area for hours on end. Sure, sometimes I get bored and mix it up a bit, but I always go back to my old, usually rewarding, farming route. I've figured out what's fun in the game for me, please don't belittle that.
03/18/2014 02:06 PMPosted by HainKurt
03/18/2014 10:57 AMPosted by valraven38
The slider tick works, it states it increases the amount of legendaries dropped, so higher torment should yield more legendaries if you can do it at a fast pace.

we can ignore time (fast / slow) if we do the same runs...

for example, if I do 10 festering woods @ T1 & T6, T6 should give more leg/sets...

from my observation so far, torment difficulty is not doing anything on drops (or very small, like T1=1%, T2=2%, ... , T6=6% :) increase, which we dont notice)

Exactly this.

Slower runs is not the explanation. Higher Torment truly does nothing : /
03/18/2014 11:47 AMPosted by xepharalon
Is this like... seriously? So the best way to gear up is to farm on Normal, or whatever the lowest diff is called. Then to jump into T I - VI for uber lewtz?
Why are there any difficulties in-between? Chars get powerful enough that they benefit from better exp and still move at the same speed?

more XP & GOLD

but if you dont care about those and only after items, go with max level where you just 1 shot everything...
Whoops! Clearly my post could have been written better, and I apologize for causing some confusion. I'm going to try and clarify on what I meant to make sure we're all on the same page.

Quality of Items
  • An items quality is unaffected by difficulty. For example, a level 60 Nailbiter found in Normal has the exact same potential as a level 60 Nailbiter found in Torment VI.
  • The Drop Chance of a Legendary Item
  • Normal through Master receive bonuses to experience and gold, but no bonus to the drop chance for a Legendary item.
  • There is a bonus to the drop chance for a Legendary item starting at Torment I difficulty, and this bonus increases with difficulty. For example, Torment VI has a greater bonus to the chance a Legendary item drops than Torment I does.
  • There are certain Legendary items that only drop in Torment I - VI.
03/18/2014 02:08 PMPosted by ualac

This is quoted word for word from the Torment difficulty screen. Last item listed:

"Additional gold/XP/legendary drop rate per slider tick"

While this doesn't say an increase in Magic Find, an increase in legendary drop rates is more or less the same thing. Or would you stack Magic Find for another reason? You want even more rares, dontcha?

it should be because it says in difficulty selection window... and Blizz is scared to say anything about numbers/percentages (I really dont get why)

but to me, looks like those increase is either 0 or very close to zero that I cannot notice...
03/18/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
There is a bonus to the drop chance for a Legendary item starting at Torment I difficulty, and this bonus increases with difficulty. For example, Torment VI has a greater bonus to the chance a Legendary item drops than Torment I does.

I get this part but without numbers I dont believe it... cause I dont see/feel/get it... is it really very small increase? like 1% each? if it was 25% or 50% increase, I would notice... I do farm @ t1,2,3,4,5
Grim,

Thanks for the post. I understand why the Devs may not want to release actual numbers for the increased chance for legendaries in torment (variable reward schedules and difficulty/reward scaling etc)

That being said, I'm hoping you may be able to answer the following question.

Is the rate of increase between torment difficulties constant, diminishing, or increasing?

(I.e: if there is a 2% increased chance between master and torment, does that 2% remain the rate of increase between t levels or does that number change?
03/18/2014 02:15 PMPosted by HainKurt

it should be because it says in difficulty selection window... and Blizz is scared to say anything about numbers/percentages (I really dont get why)

but to me, looks like those increase is either 0 or very close to zero that I cannot notice...

It has to be almost nothing. I bet it is also multiplicative and not additive, and thats why it seems so bad.
03/18/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Grimiku
Whoops! Clearly my post could have been written better, and I apologize for causing some confusion. I'm going to try and clarify on what I meant to make sure we're all on the same page.

Quality of Items
  • An items quality is unaffected by difficulty. For example, a level 60 Nailbiter found in Normal has the exact same potential as a level 60 Nailbiter found in Torment VI.
  • The Drop Chance of a Legendary Item
  • Normal through Master receive bonuses to experience and gold, but no bonus to the drop chance for a Legendary item.
  • There is a bonus to the drop chance for a Legendary item starting at Torment I difficulty, and this bonus increases with difficulty. For example, Torment VI has a greater bonus to the chance a Legendary item drops than Torment I does.
  • There are certain Legendary items that only drop in Torment I - VI.

greater chance? like....0.005 instead of 0.001? Can we get some REAL clarity? Cuz seriously higher Torment appears to do nothing to drop chance.
03/18/2014 02:21 PMPosted by DamageInc
greater chance? like....0.005 instead of 0.001?

which would be 5x the chance.

the scale of the numbers makes no difference to the effective improvement in chance. you're just using that to try and point out that an increase would appear to be negligible yet in your example its a 400% improvement which anyone should be happy with.
i really dont get why it is not clearly shown on difficulty selection... is it really confusing diablo players? I mean, if we see some numbers here, then we will get confused and cannot play anymore?

:) anyways... they may hide this, but if it really something (something that is not ZERO), then we can run 100 same run on each difficulty and write the leg/set count down... then we can compare those numbers to see what is the increase :)

it is so simple to find, but why it is not there? why do we need these forums? why do we waste our time to discuss this matter? why it is hidden? whats the purpose of hiding?

can anybody give me meaningful answers, please?
03/18/2014 02:15 PMPosted by HainKurt

it does not say that in the difficulty window, there is absolutely no mention of Magic Find.

you are assuming the Increased Legendary Drop Chance is achieved through MF improvement and yet it is not. it will be exactly like the bonus drop chance they had for high MP levels. note: i said bonus drop chance, which was done completely separately to the improved MF that Monster Power was granting.

in this new world there is practically zero use for MF, and difficulty levels give you a flat 0.
03/18/2014 02:21 PMPosted by DamageInc
greater chance? like....0.005 instead of 0.001? Can we get some REAL clarity? Cuz seriously higher Torment appears to do nothing to drop chance.

:) you see Blizzard what you are causing by hiding those numbers?

0.000101 instead of 0.0001 (1% increase, 101 leg instead of 100)
0.0002 instead of 0.0001 (100% increase, or double)
0.0005 instead of 0.0001 (400% increase, or 5 times)
Devs have no idea what they are doing if I can farm normal and get the same stats as torment 6. I understand there are torment only leg/sets but for the majority leg/sets i can farm normal and get same stats?!?!? How can this be seen as a smart idea?