Crash in Desolate Sands/Zoltun Blood mission.

Technical Support
Game-breaking for me. Can't proceed AT ALL. The same point of the path every single time, the game crashes, with just the error report number, which I've seen so many of I don't think it matters. Will edit thread with some of them if necessary, but I've tried everything. I've used the repair tool, I've reinstalled the game, I've ran in Admin mode, you name it. Any other solutions? Can't proceed in game AT ALL. Need help here.

EDIT: SOLVED.

For those of you having this same problem, check this:

If you are using an AMD/ATI graphics card, DO NOT use the new Beta driver (14.xxx). This seems to be the problem. If you use this driver, uninstall it (fully) and use the most updated stable AMD driver, which is version 13.12, I believe. This will solve this problem. Have not crashed since, and my performance seems to be a bit better, as well.
I've had the same problem for about a week or so. If I want to play/farm I skip this part of Act 2. Tried using file repair to no avail. I have only seen posts on same problem but no mention/reply of a fix or what the issue may be. Come on Bliz, enjoy the game but would like to enjoy it all. I have my pre-order for RoS already set. Help us out or at least give a clue whats up. TIA
Anyone? Game still unplayable. This sucks.
Dont' worry, I have the same issue... less than a week after I paid for this game, and I can't get past Act II... No help or support from Blizz at all, and I see multiple people having this issue.

I was going to play through the first act (that I could play for free anyway with the trial...) and half of Act II (not worth $19 IMHO), but gee... can't do that either because of the 10-90 second lag spikes.

This is a purchase I am extremely disappointed with.
Same here. Just bought the game last week. Now having this issue. Guess everyone was right. This game really seems to be a mess.
So Blizzard isn't even going to acknowledge this, I'm guessing?
Only one zone? could be a texture issue or maybe a driver..

Repair D3:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/repairing-blizzard-games

or check to make sure your drivers are completely up to date:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/driver-update

Might help to provide one of those error numbers so blizz has something to go off of if they come across this post. Or open a ticket to directly talk with tech support about it instead, since the forums are mostly player assisted and replies from blizz aren't always guaranteed
I have the same problem since the 2.0 patch.

If any of you are running the game on a laptop with Nvidia Graphics , Support linked me to this thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/11913302274?page=1

But I am running a AMD Radeon HD7600M and there's is no option with Catalyst Center or Gaming Evolved App to force a game into using the Radeon GFX instead of integrated graphics driver.
No matter how I try to change the settings (Performance or Quality optimized) but nothing works, Diablo 3 still launches and crashes using my intel integrated graphics driver.

This zone is still a no-go for me, I've had friends run through desolate Sands and join them on the Cave of the Betrayer and Vault of the Assassin to at least get them done.
Well having no friends that play, I'm a bit screwed. I can't skip ahead.

Graphics drivers are fully updated. In fact, everything is.

use AMD graphics, so Geforce solutions aren't applicable. I've tried every solution on the internet for this in the last week. Over a week now with no solutions, no answers from Blizzard, nothing.
03/18/2014 09:22 AMPosted by GoinAftFaces
no answers from Blizzard, nothing.

Like I said, the forums are a direct channel to blizzard. If you want to get in touch with them, you'll need to open a ticket:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/
SOLVED.

If you are using an AMD/ATI graphics card, DO NOT use the new Beta driver (14.xxx). This seems to be the problem. If you use this driver, uninstall it (fully) and use the most updated stable AMD driver, which is version 13.12, I believe. This will solve this problem. Have not crashed since, and my performance seems to be a bit better, as well.
Glad it got fixed, thanks for posting what you found to resolve it!
I got a solution to my problem too.

Had to open BIOS options and switch to Dynamics Graphics processing instead of Static.
This in turn made my laptop screen stuck at minimum brightness but it added "configurable switchable graphics" to the Rightclick menu when clicking on the desktop. Switching them back and forth "unlocked" it.
Now my laptop screen brightness is still adjustable and Desolate Sands doesnt make my game crash anymore !
Gautz,

Which AMD driver release are you currently using?

I'm having the same problem that you have stated because I have a Radeon HD 7670M and I am also running the beta driver for it. At the moment I am also using Windows 8.1 and the beta driver seems to be the only driver that actually works for me at the moment. I've tried to install previous drivers but AMD CCC comes up with an error message when I try to open it. This being the case I cant get onto CCC to turn Diablo onto High Performance to use the DGPU. Any help regarding my case would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mitch
i too have the crashing issue... its so sad blizzard isnt doing anything about it... other maps seem to be doing fine but why just desolate sands? cant they just remove the thing that makes the error at that certain map... why do they have to force the issue on the graphics card...
bump for fix

using old driver not a fix, ty in advance
I have been playing D3 since it came out without a problem.
I started a new character a Crusader and been playing for a few days no problems until
I get to the Desolate Sands where as soon as I enter and Zoltan is talking I move forward towards the rocks and the game crashes to the desktop with a box with a changing error code. One of the codes is as follows C1E08DB-3261-48CA-8187-8B8E778E6178 As I say this changes every time the game crashes.
Ok I thought it may have been the update Radeon drivers so I deleted those and tried to run the game on the Intel 4000 graphics which works fine till I get to the same spot.
I am playing on a HP Envy m6 laptop and haven't had any problems with my other Barbarian character with whom I have finished the whole game and done Adventure mode with.
Hoping you can shed some light on this annoying glitch............
Ok even my Barbarian character is doing it as well I can go to other places and plays fine until I try to go to the Desolate Sands immediate crash.........It seems strange that if this is tied in with the new updated drivers why the problem is only there why doesn't it happen at other areas. I can adventure anywhere else with my barbarian until I click on the Desolate Sands icon on the map.....
03/18/2014 11:02 AMPosted by GoinAftFaces
SOLVED.

I have an even more updated version and it to does not work 14.4
I really hope there will be a fix. Because i can not roll back to the older drivers.