[Guide] Fetish Psychopaths Build

Witch Doctor
Prev 1 25 26 27 32 Next
Good job on putting together this great guide! I've extended the posting cap for this thread so you can all continue this discussion without having to create new threads. Rock on, Witch Doctors.
05/08/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Grimiku
Rock on, Witch Doctors.

Yes sir, how can I help you? :P
05/08/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Grimiku
Good job on putting together this great guide! I've extended the posting cap for this thread so you can all continue this discussion without having to create new threads. Rock on, Witch Doctors.

Thanks G for the quick response :)
Grimiku says, "Oh you reached the limit?"
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"Not anymore"
@MCP,

Character buffs and monster debuffs fall into the same group multiplier and are added together.
%FA is a separate multiplier.

Both have video proof.

Updated my thread and spreadsheet.
05/01/2014 02:47 AMPosted by Whiteman
Do pets/fetish army/FS scale fomr your vit/life

Yes, vit/life is part of toughness.

05/02/2014 03:00 AMPosted by Tics
How about movement speed? Does it affect the fetish overall movement speed (running to mobs)?

There's an interesting question.

When I use spirit walk, angry chicken, and/or horrify stalker and I'm running, they follow me with matched movement speed.

If they are in the BBV aura, they move faster.

A question:
If I used spirit walk and stand still, do they move faster? (such as to attack a target)
If I stand still in the BBV aura, do they move faster?
I am doing a vb/ fetish build but found that my damage is a bit too one dimensional, and want to add in either locust pestilence or piranhado to the build. I cant include both at the same time as it is too mana intensive. Just wonder whats your opinion and which one has better synergy?
05/08/2014 02:27 PMPosted by MCP
A question:If I used spirit walk and stand still, do they move faster? (such as to attack a target)If I stand still in the BBV aura, do they move faster?

From my observation, the fetishes have an extremely high base movement speed, maybe 75% or 100%. They behave very much like followers, if we are too far away they will teleport to our location. We become the weakest link in terms of movement. The fetishes will tell us "we have to slow down because you are the snail!".

A good proof will be using the "warchezzian" (spelling?) legendary bracer, where our movement speed is greatly boosted after breaking objects. Choose a big map to fight like FoM. Let them fight at your lower right and prepare to break an object. When the lower right mobs are almost dead, break the object and watch them sprint to your upper left or right to engage other mobs. That type of movement speed is like the way Dogs would rush to engage regardless of our character movement speed.

Spirit walk and BBV are not so obvious. The speed shrine and the legendary bracer makes the effect more obvious to the observer.

Another important characteristic is the aggro AOE or trigger. Dogs have a huge trigger radius and therefore draw the earliest mob aggro and become our defensive skill. Garg has a tiny trigger radius and just parks himself around us mostly. Fetishes, from what I observe, has a trigger radius similar to Garg or slightly further only. During several of my fetish tests, if I did not attack or was not attacked by the slow skeletons, the fetishes do not engage in combat either, until I walked very close to the target. As a follower, all the fetishes are standing behind me with reference to the direction I am facing. If I had dogs with me, the dogs would have rushed off to the edge of the screen when the skeleton first comes into view.

Therefore, from my observation without testing, fetish movement speed is limited by WD movement speed. Their base movement speed is similar to followers or dogs.
05/08/2014 09:46 PMPosted by MOTHERGOOSE
I am doing a vb/ fetish build but found that my damage is a bit too one dimensional, and want to add in either locust pestilence or piranhado to the build. I cant include both at the same time as it is too mana intensive. Just wonder whats your opinion and which one has better synergy?

Piranhado is excellent for grouping mobs together in a tight ball.

I'm trying to understand what you mean by "one dimensional". In terms of %Element on gear, we try to focus on one element for higher overall damage output. Most fetish players place priority on fetish damage, and WD takes on a support role. If you want to play a nuker or fetish-hybrid, you will need specific gear that can still maintain high APS (because APS is a direct multiplier in fetish damage calculation). Typically, SMK and Zuni 4pc.

This guide is mostly %Physical alignment. There are other players who have focused on %Fire or %Poison by tweaking some gear. If you have the gear, you can easily try out other elements to have variety in your game play.
05/09/2014 12:24 AMPosted by PaulNg

I'm trying to understand what you mean by "one dimensional". In terms of %Element on gear, we try to focus on one element for higher overall damage output. Most fetish players place priority on fetish damage, and WD takes on a support role. If you want to play a nuker or fetish-hybrid, you will need specific gear that can still maintain high APS (because APS is a direct multiplier in fetish damage calculation). Typically, SMK and Zuni 4pc.

This guide is mostly %Physical alignment. There are other players who have focused on %Fire or %Poison by tweaking some gear. If you have the gear, you can easily try out other elements to have variety in your game play.

Thanks a lot, one dimension as in there are always some mana left in the reserve. Just thinking if i dump all this mana out for damage, it will be better optmized in terms of resouces management meanhile delivering the more dmg output on top of those little fella.

As a supplementary dmg support skill, locust feels good since i hit everything on the screen and feels like contributing to the group even for white thrash although the dmg seems tiny as a DoT. For piranhado which i just try out these two days, it helps in coward control. I feel puzzled which one has more synergy with bat/ fetish build.
05/09/2014 12:24 AMPosted by PaulNg

I totally recommend Pirahnas over Locusts, but I'd go with Frozen over Pirhanado. The reason being is as the quoted poster said.... Piranhado is excellent for grouping mobs together in a tight ball. The problem is in my experience, with a fetish army, you don't WANT your mobs in a tight ball. WHen all the mobs are in a tight ball, only 3-4 of your fetishes can get into position to attack them. I find it's generally much better for your fetishes to have a lot of 'surface area' to attack.... I kill large mobs better then small ones because more fetishes can find space to get into stabby position, and for the same reason, I hate stacking a lot of mobs into a tight single point.

Compound the fetish army dps issue with the fact that Pirhannado doubles the CD AND halves the duration on Pirhannas while Frozen does neither (allowing a 4/16 instead of 8/8 uptime), and I find Frozen a basically superior skill for supporting any large army of fetishes.

As for locusts, I'd only consider using it if you want to use the Hwaj Wrap and/or want to use it as a delivery mechanism for Bad Medicine. As a damage source, it's rather weak, even on large masses of mobs, it just wont do that much damage compaired to your nukes and pets. If you really want to use a dot, I'd recommend haunt with resentful spirits (double haunt) instead. It's longer range, less mana, and WAY more damage. 3-4 haunt casts can be done very quickly and do a ton of damage at the start of a fight, with the haunts jumping around as targets die.
Hey awesome guide! I have a question though.

If you have the 4 piece zuni with permanent fetish army, is there a reason why not go all out fire damage on every piece instead of physical damage? Then you FA, Garg and Firebats will benefit from a lot more fire dmg. You can even drop the FS passive. I've been wondering a lot about that and some input would be appreciated! Maybe I missed something! Thanks!
Attack speed opinion. I put together the build using my wizard gear, so it's pretty much all fire, and I'm using a Thunderfury (best weapon I have.)

1.4 APS * ( 1.11 gear + .10 paragon ) = 1.69 APS

Would changing to one of this be better?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/bloodmagic-edge

1.61 * 1.21 = 1.95 APS which looking at the breakpoint charts is ~15% more ticks.

I know pets don't proc the TF, but I do cast bats a lot obviously, which DOES proc a lot of lightning. I seem to on average be running around with 8 or so fetishes (sometimes as low as 5 or 6, sometimes as high as 12) - I hit FA when the number drops below a certain amount and I see an elite. Sometimes I hit FA regardless if its a nasty pack since my FA ones do a lot more damage from my fire items.

Where are you guys getting the other attack speed on? My SOJ doesn't have it, and I don't have a 70 WH (the 60, while great dps is such a killer to defense I don't particularly like using it.) Amulet seems like a bad trade off to lose 20% elemental.

I guess some Lacunis (which I don't own), or a Tals (which I do, but swapping out gems is expensive and I really like the fire bonus from Cindercoat.)
Amulets, rings, gloves, and weapon plus paragon.
05/09/2014 11:03 AMPosted by Glacius
Hey awesome guide! I have a question though.

If you have the 4 piece zuni with permanent fetish army, is there a reason why not go all out fire damage on every piece instead of physical damage? Then you FA, Garg and Firebats will benefit from a lot more fire dmg. You can even drop the FS passive. I've been wondering a lot about that and some input would be appreciated! Maybe I missed something! Thanks!

FS still remains a significant source of damage, especially with proper crowd control usage. Even at T6 they can still take a couple hits before dying, and not all will be attacked instead of the more sturdy FA fetishes. All the while they continue to hit for ~70% of an FA fetish.

Furthermore, the tiki fetishes do not tank while they are spewing fire, and the difference between 8+ bodies standing between you and mobs versus only 5 can become painful at times.
I see, thank you.
Hey built up my doc on this build quite a bit. Having trouble hitting 2.15 let alone 2.31 aps. Any advice gear wise? Seems like I have ias on as many slots as possible. Thinking just a couple tweeking I am not seeing... thanks! (PS Can solo t5 based on your build...thanks!)
IAS is no longer the be-all and end-all stat to stack, not since 2.0.4 brought crits into play. You'd be much better off rerolling the IAS on your amulet to Physical%, and dropping the shield for a mojo. Also, make new bracers until you can get one with Phys% Int CC.
I updated the OP to reflect patch 2.04 changes and APS. It seems like 1.88 is a good spot for most WDs, especially in team play.
05/12/2014 03:12 PMPosted by Gastank
IAS is no longer the be-all and end-all stat to stack, not since 2.0.4 brought crits into play. You'd be much better off rerolling the IAS on your amulet to Physical%, and dropping the shield for a mojo. Also, make new bracers until you can get one with Phys% Int CC.

Thanks dude, will go for that!