Legendary Property/Proc Mechanics Collection

Wizard
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 Next
Thanks Void. Enforcer results make sense.

-dolynick
08/29/2014 07:50 AMPosted by dolynick
I know Kanji has also tested these so he knows about it but I'll post this anyways since he hasn't updated the OP.

I was actually just about to start working on a gem section xD

Legendary Gems:
Toxin Gem: Poison damage refreshes but does not stack. Damage is %WD/duration max per second. Rank 25 damage buff type unknown yet. Unknown if proc rate affected.
Bleed on Crit: Bleed damage refreshes but does not stack. Damage is %WD/duration max per second. Unknown if proc rate affected.
Taeguk: Damage and Armor bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.
Bane of the Powerful: Damage buff is additive (not tested myself).
Bane of the Trapped: Damage buff is multiplicative (not confirmed myself).

Needs testing:
Smite Gem: 15% chance to smite affected by proc rate of skill used? (I suspect it is)
Simplicity's Strength: Additive or multiplicative?
Enforcer: Additive or multiplicative for pets? (Void: Additive with Elemental% & MoJ)
Zei's: Additive or multiplicative?

My guess on poison debuff is it is probably in the additive pool with stuff like Strongarms. AFAIK Zei is multiplicative, if Simplicity works like Diggers then it's additive, otherwise not sure.

The on-hit proc gems all seem to have their proc chance affected by coefficient.
08/29/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Kanjihack
I know Kanji has also tested these so he knows about it but I'll post this anyways since he hasn't updated the OP.

I was actually just about to start working on a gem section xD

Legendary Gems:
Toxin Gem: Poison damage refreshes but does not stack. Damage is %WD/duration max per second. Rank 25 damage buff type unknown yet. Unknown if proc rate affected.
Bleed on Crit: Bleed damage refreshes but does not stack. Damage is %WD/duration max per second. Unknown if proc rate affected.
Taeguk: Damage and Armor bonuses are additive, not multiplicative.
Bane of the Powerful: Damage buff is additive (not tested myself).
Bane of the Trapped: Damage buff is multiplicative (not confirmed myself).

Needs testing:
Smite Gem: 15% chance to smite affected by proc rate of skill used? (I suspect it is)
Simplicity's Strength: Additive or multiplicative?
Enforcer: Additive or multiplicative for pets? (Void: Additive with Elemental% & MoJ)
Zei's: Additive or multiplicative?

My guess on poison debuff is it is probably in the additive pool with stuff like Strongarms. AFAIK Zei is multiplicative, if Simplicity works like Diggers then it's additive, otherwise not sure.

The on-hit proc gems all seem to have their proc chance affected by coefficient.

aggroed?
Did some tests on Firebird's:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14058606491?page=1#11

Only thing left to test would be the poisoned debuff % damage increase legendary gem, but I am not planning to level that one up until way, way, way last, so if someone else could be kind...?

P.S.: why the hell isn't this thread stickied or linked to in the guide thread?

P.P.S. Simplicity's Strength is listed in the sheet as a set of +% skill bonuses like Depth Diggers is.
03/20/2014 11:37 AMPosted by Kanjihack
Stormcrow - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/storm-crow

Applies Conflagration. Like Wizardspike, appears to be unaffected by proc scalar. Has a 4-second internal cooldown. Does not interact with Arcane Dynamo. The ball now scales on weapon damage and does somewhere in the range of 450%~ weapon damage. Will reasearch more soon and give more precise numbers. Damage is increased by +%fire damage affixes.

Now that item procs scale with % element it makes even less sense that SC has a fire damage proc. They should retroactively change all SC to do a lightning damage proc.
08/30/2014 12:38 AMPosted by konfeta
P.S.: why the hell isn't this thread stickied or linked to in the guide thread?

It is linked to in both the guides thread and the mechanics thread. But I'd prefer it to be stickied too.
Sorry for the basic question, but does +elemental skill damage increase the damage from legendary gem procs?
Sorry for the basic question, but does +elemental skill damage increase the damage from legendary gem procs?

Yes, if you got the appropriate element.

Random Firebird quirk
Curiously enough, Area Damage procs Firebird's burn if its off fire damage, but Firebird's DoT itself does not proc Area Damage.

Regarding Strongarms

I am having problems reproducing Strongarms debuff working on things that cannot be knocked back. I am absolutely positive it did before, as demonstrated many times with old consistent damage Hydra, but as of right now, demonstrably testing by Firebird proc and guesstimationally by regular spells, it does not.
Can confirm that Simplicity's Strength is additive to any existing primary skill damage. That is, if you have 15% electrocute damage bonus, base gem gives you 15 + 25 = 40% electrocute damage.

For electrocute only, the "on hit" benefit at level 25 seems bugged. When you hold down a mouse button to repeat a cast, you only seem to get an initial tick, then nothing.. Seeing similar behavior from other gem procs. Anyone else seeing this? I think it is because of the new life on hit changes and the fact that the animation does not change. I'll make a new post for this topic.
08/29/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Kanjihack
My guess on poison debuff is it is probably in the additive pool with stuff like Strongarms.

Yeah it seems Nubtro and page have found the poison debuff is additive in the DIBS category (not sure if this is the same category as Strongarm debuff)

09/01/2014 01:48 AMPosted by konfeta
Regarding Strongarms
I am having problems reproducing Strongarms debuff working on things that cannot be knocked back.

Fairly sure the Strongarm debuff does not apply to mobs that are not visibly moved e.g. yellow elites, bosses and other big mobs, and hasn't worked on those mobs for some time now. It may have at some point in the past, but they must have changed that at some point (at least when Nubtro specifically looked at this several months ago)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329703286?page=13#248
06/13/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Nubtro
I just retested Strongarm with Furious Charge and Wrenching Smash against a rare elite in Warrior´s Rest. The monster actually has to be forcefully moved, simply using a skill that is supposed to forcefully move isn´t enough.
How is this not a sticky thread?
I did some very basic quasi-testing to see what worked and what didn't work with the Bastions of Will set bonus. Here is a list of what I found that worked with BoW. (Please take note that my testing was anything but thorough.)

Secondary
Ray of Frost
Arcane Orb
Arcane Torrent
Disintegrate

Force
Wave of Force
Energy Twister
Meteor
Blizzard

Conjuration
Ice Armor
Storm Armor
Magic Weapon

Mastery
Explosive Blast
Black Hole

Conclusions

BoW seems to work for any skill that spends AP and deals damage currently. Skills seem to gain the benefit of BoW if you start spending at full resource and snapshot for the entire skill's duration. This means that channel skills benefit from the bonus until you have to stop channeling and that DoT skills like Blizzard will have the bonus over the full duration.

Random thoughts in no particular order:

I did specifically check Jagged Ice, Frozen Storm, Storm Armor, Reactive Armor, and Ignite. I was not able to get any good numbers for the retaliation damage variants so I suspect that there is no effect from BoW on them. For Frozen Storm, Storm Armor lightning, and Ignite, all of them seem to be effected by BoW for their full duration if for the initial cast you were at full resource.

I do not have a Aether Walker to test if Teleport: Calamity gains the BoW bonus.

Hydra did not seem to be effected.

Why isn't this thread sticky yet?
09/10/2014 01:12 PMPosted by dukevonart
Why isn't this thread sticky yet?

DONE.

I didn't do it, though. Thank Nevalistis for it ;)
About time, now he's gonna feel pressure to update the thing too.
Yaaay. Well deserved
Is it confirmed that slow time bubbles and black holes cast by the mirror images proc bane of the trapped and strongarm proc?
nice kanji.

_____
-Melk
At the end of the day, it's all A Love Story
~OG Wizard from an OG Forum~
~iRap, You probz don't~
https://www.youtube.com/user/MikeyMayez
omg it's finally sticked
09/16/2014 10:09 AMPosted by kokopuffs
omg it's finally sticked

I know, right?

No pressure, Kanji. You're only the progenitor of a highly useful thread, and all eyes are on you. No. Pressure. At. All.
03/20/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Boozor
Oh boy, sticky in the making

GJ

3/20/14

Called this a mile away.

Grats Kanji !