Wings of Valor Delivery Update - // Updated //

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 36 37 38 43 Next
So, what this tells me is "don't try to play D3 on RoS launch". Hot, cold?
Thanks for the wings :-)
The wings themselves are not that big of a deal, but they do have a track record of messing things up like this. I was thinking about taking the day off for launch day of ROS, but I fully expect there to be delays and issues. so it's better not to. The end result is great and I'm a happy customer, but there are some pretty glaring QA issues that aren't typical of a big company like this.
03/21/2014 11:31 AMPosted by Renley
As far as I know, it should. Once you apply the game code, it should appear as a mail icon in the bottom left.

Correct! More info here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13407835/
I was able to receive my wings by creating a new character and then the system "updated" for all my characters if your still having issues (and have a free character slot) this may be a viable solution for those who have yet to receive their wings. Just passing on a workaround for my fellow nephalims.
Can you salvage them?
@Lylirra I just checked my account and still haven't received my wing.........

please help me take a look my account .

ty
Come on everyone stop with the hate I have a serious question, what do I get when I salvage them?
03/21/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Demogorgon1
Come on everyone stop with the hate I have a serious question, what do I get when I salvage them?

You can't Salvage them. If you want to get rid of it, you can sell it to a Vendor for 0 Gold
03/21/2014 11:35 AMPosted by dajusta
03/21/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Derrith
All of the people in here are expert developers! So amazing!

You know Blizz, if you went ahead and just hired everyone in here who could do your job 100x better, then there would never be any issues again!

I seriously don't understand the mindset of you people. Crap happens in game development. You had to wait an extra 12 hours for your wings? Boohoo, that must have been terrible! Working in IT, I can tell you that when something goes wrong, the first instinct is to FIX IT. Not to run to the forums and tell the kiddies that something is broken. That takes away resources from fixing the issue itself.

I for one appreciate the work that Blizzard does. The amount of hate they put up with, and yet they are still one of the top producers of games.

I personally can't wait to play RoS and appreciate all the work that went into it. The Wings were a special gift for those of you who pre-ordered. They aren't necessary. They aren't game changing. Chill out. Once I get the money to buy and play RoS, I'll enjoy it unlike you people.

What will you do if RoS had launch issues and couldn't play it on day 1?
What do you normally do if you got 2 for 1 deal, only to get 1?
Do you think the wings are a 2 for 1 ?
Are you satisfied with maintenance that says "servers up at 11am" but really come back at 4pm?
Are you satisfied with blizzard saying "pvp will come later" but 2 years after.. nothing?
Are you satisfied with 2H weapons still rolling at 1H range?
Are you satisfied that some achievements are bugged and will never complete?
Are you satisfied that bots ruled AH and friend invite for 2 years?
Are you satisfied that majority of HC deaths are based on server issues?

Ya, didn't think so. So don't be naive and think blizzard is "such a great company". The great reputation was built on past games.. This one failed.

You know what I would chalk it up to? Crap happens. What do you do for a living? Does everything work out perfectly each and every time?

If you say yes, you're full of it. Hiccups happen. And ESPECIALLY working in IT, as well as some side programming, I understand that. Things happen. They have to get fixed. Such is life.

Are there things I'm not happy with? Sure. But your logic is flawed. Was it a 2 for 1 deal? Yes. Will they make sure that everyone who opted for this gets BOTH their items? Yes. Will some people maybe have to wait a little bit? Yes. Be an adult. Grow up.

People see things like this as needing to happen right away in their time-frame and perfectly. But check it out -- the world doesn't revolve around you. Servers aren't up at 11 as they're supposed to be? Go outside. See the world. Take a walk. Leave your basement. If you're so disgusted, don't play. Or better yet, try doing this on your own. See how many hiccups there are.
03/21/2014 11:41 AMPosted by GamerJes

As with all launch events, there may be server issues. This is normal in IT -- Your servers are rated for 1000 players. Normal load is 300. Suddenly, you've got all 1000 people logging on at once. Sure your servers SHOULD be able to handle that, but it doesn't always. Things go down. Switches have to be turned to get other servers up as backups, and these things take time.

Don't expect a perfect performance right from launch. Go in with the mentality that stuff won't be perfect and most of all, ENJOY YOURSELF.
I have a question.I have pre-ordered the expansion but the ETA of it's arrival is April 3rd. Is there any way I can still receive the wings?
Why's everyone so upset about 1 day delay of a completely useless cosmetic feature?
The way people sound here seems like blizz has deleted all character of people who didnt preorder prior to today, am i missing something?
Yeah now everybody can feel special, but there is nothing special about something that everybody has.
03/21/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Derrith
03/21/2014 11:41 AMPosted by GamerJes

As with all launch events, there may be server issues. This is normal in IT -- Your servers are rated for 1000 players. Normal load is 300. Suddenly, you've got all 1000 people logging on at once. Sure your servers SHOULD be able to handle that, but it doesn't always. Things go down. Switches have to be turned to get other servers up as backups, and these things take time.

Don't expect a perfect performance right from launch. Go in with the mentality that stuff won't be perfect and most of all, ENJOY YOURSELF.

You're right and I understand what you're saying because I also work in IT, but these types of events with this game aren't exceptions, they're the norm, and that's a low bar of quality to set for yourself as a company. If you tell your user base that a product or service is going to be available at x date at y time, their reaction shouldn't be to roll their eyes and add 10-12 hours to that. It really damages your integrity after the 100th time. Please don't take this as me being angry as I type this, I'm not, it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I don't think it's unreasonable for other people to be a little annoyed at this event in particular and skeptical that the game will launch when it's supposed to. I know I feel embarrassed when I deliver a bad release, or break the news to a client that it's delayed for the nth time, etc, and they have a right to vent to me when I made a previous promise.
03/21/2014 12:59 PMPosted by Chas
03/21/2014 12:38 PMPosted by Derrith

You're right and I understand what you're saying because I also work in IT, but these types of events with this game aren't exceptions, they're the norm, and that's a low bar of quality to set for yourself as a company. If you tell your user base that a product or service is going to be available at x date at y time, their reaction shouldn't be to roll their eyes and add 10-12 hours to that. It really damages your integrity after the 100th time. Please don't take this as me being angry as I type this, I'm not, it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I don't think it's unreasonable for other people to be a little annoyed at this event in particular and skeptical that the game will launch when it's supposed to. I know I feel embarrassed when I deliver a bad release, or break the news to a client that it's delayed for the nth time, etc, and they have a right to vent to me when I made a previous promise.

I completely agree! And no offense taken of course. My point is that people who are all up in arms aren't making the situation better. And yes, the bar is set very, very low. But you know what? After all these years of dealing with Blizzard games, I expect and accept that. I understand that the bar is low, and I understand that things take time.

At the same time, I'm not faulting them for that. Perhaps they've got upper-management breathing down their necks to push at a certain time/day and it's completely unrealistic? Who knows? The point is, it's nothing we have control over. And grabbing torches and pitchforks and coming to the forums to rant about it helps no one :)
Everyone is freaking out over nothing
03/21/2014 01:12 PMPosted by tastydonut
Everyone is freaking out over nothing

Nothing? These are people's WINGS man! They need them so they can look pretty!
No wings here. ;_;

EDIT: just got them. =D