Wings of Valor Delivery Update - // Updated //

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 37 38 39 43 Next
i preordered about 2 weeks ago directly from my blizz account still don't have my wings

o nice didn't realized where it was. I got them thanks
03/21/2014 11:35 AMPosted by dajusta
03/21/2014 08:59 AMPosted by Derrith
All of the people in here are expert developers! So amazing!

You know Blizz, if you went ahead and just hired everyone in here who could do your job 100x better, then there would never be any issues again!

I seriously don't understand the mindset of you people. Crap happens in game development. You had to wait an extra 12 hours for your wings? Boohoo, that must have been terrible! Working in IT, I can tell you that when something goes wrong, the first instinct is to FIX IT. Not to run to the forums and tell the kiddies that something is broken. That takes away resources from fixing the issue itself.

I for one appreciate the work that Blizzard does. The amount of hate they put up with, and yet they are still one of the top producers of games.

I personally can't wait to play RoS and appreciate all the work that went into it. The Wings were a special gift for those of you who pre-ordered. They aren't necessary. They aren't game changing. Chill out. Once I get the money to buy and play RoS, I'll enjoy it unlike you people.

What will you do if RoS had launch issues and couldn't play it on day 1?
What do you normally do if you got 2 for 1 deal, only to get 1?
Do you think the wings are a 2 for 1 ?
Are you satisfied with maintenance that says "servers up at 11am" but really come back at 4pm?
Are you satisfied with blizzard saying "pvp will come later" but 2 years after.. nothing?
Are you satisfied with 2H weapons still rolling at 1H range?
Are you satisfied that some achievements are bugged and will never complete?
Are you satisfied that bots ruled AH and friend invite for 2 years?
Are you satisfied that majority of HC deaths are based on server issues?

Ya, didn't think so. So don't be naive and think blizzard is "such a great company". The great reputation was built on past games.. This one failed.

-I expect RoS launch to be bumpy, as I expect every game launch from Blizzard to be that way. When you have multiple games with huge followings(thousands and millions of players) with a highly anticipated launch night, of course there is likely going to be a hiccup or two or three. To expect there not to be is naiive.
-I don't understand your 2 for 1 deal. If you are trying to make a comparison with the wings, it's lost. Everyone is getting their wings, it's just delayed. Just like packages and mail are often delayed. It happens.
-Sure, I'm bummed when servers are down. Am I raging at Blizzard though? No, because I understand that they are maintaining huge servers with huge loads that could have a ton of problems. Do you get angry at a plane that's late because it was delayed because of a storm? Do you get pissed when a rollercoaster is shutdown momentarily due to some loose screws or a glitch in the system?
-I'm 90% sure Blizzard already stated they no longer plan to implement any sort of PvP outside of what is currently in.
-Blizzard already answered and explained why 2h's are currently not rolling correctly and how it will be fixed upon the release of RoS.
-Bugged achievs? I'm sure they are attempting to fix it. Make some reports to help them out. Don't expect them to fix what they don't know about.
-Bots are extremely hard to get rid of.
-That is a plight of playing on Hardcore. Stuff happens, be it a server issue, a storm, power outage, a game bug, whatever. Playing on HC, you should expect that at anytime something can happen.

So yeah, I do think they are a great company. Every game has been a hit, even Diablo 3. Sure, it(like many things) had some problems. But Josh and the team are working their butts off to fix the problems and make the game much better. Give them some credit.
03/21/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Renley
03/21/2014 11:35 AMPosted by dajusta

What will you do if RoS had launch issues and couldn't play it on day 1?
What do you normally do if you got 2 for 1 deal, only to get 1?
Do you think the wings are a 2 for 1 ?
Are you satisfied with maintenance that says "servers up at 11am" but really come back at 4pm?
Are you satisfied with blizzard saying "pvp will come later" but 2 years after.. nothing?
Are you satisfied with 2H weapons still rolling at 1H range?
Are you satisfied that some achievements are bugged and will never complete?
Are you satisfied that bots ruled AH and friend invite for 2 years?
Are you satisfied that majority of HC deaths are based on server issues?

Ya, didn't think so. So don't be naive and think blizzard is "such a great company". The great reputation was built on past games.. This one failed.

-I expect RoS launch to be bumpy, as I expect every game launch from Blizzard to be that way. When you have multiple games with huge followings(thousands and millions of players) with a highly anticipated launch night, of course there is likely going to be a hiccup or two or three. To expect there not to be is naiive.
-I don't understand your 2 for 1 deal. If you are trying to make a comparison with the wings, it's lost. Everyone is getting their wings, it's just delayed. Just like packages and mail are often delayed. It happens.
-Sure, I'm bummed when servers are down. Am I raging at Blizzard though? No, because I understand that they are maintaining huge servers with huge loads that could have a ton of problems. Do you get angry at a plane that's late because it was delayed because of a storm? Do you get pissed when a rollercoaster is shutdown momentarily due to some loose screws or a glitch in the system?
-I'm 90% sure Blizzard already stated they no longer plan to implement any sort of PvP outside of what is currently in.
-Blizzard already answered and explained why 2h's are currently not rolling correctly and how it will be fixed upon the release of RoS.
-Bugged achievs? I'm sure they are attempting to fix it. Make some reports to help them out. Don't expect them to fix what they don't know about.
-Bots are extremely hard to get rid of.
-That is a plight of playing on Hardcore. Stuff happens, be it a server issue, a storm, power outage, a game bug, whatever. Playing on HC, you should expect that at anytime something can happen.

So yeah, I do think they are a great company. Every game has been a hit, even Diablo 3. Sure, it(like many things) had some problems. But Josh and the team are working their butts off to fix the problems and make the game much better. Give them some credit.

Precisely what I've been trying to get across. Crap happens. They've got millions of players, but sadly the only vocal ones are the people who cry about everything. Chill out and enjoy!
Nice and thank you, Lylirra, but will RoS be available in stores on the 25th? I plan on purchasing 3 copies for myself and family, but only in person, so I need to know if local retailers will have it in stock on "gold day" or if there is no current plans to do so please.
I haven't got mine yet
03/21/2014 12:17 PMPosted by Demogorgon1
Can you salvage them?

No! But you can sell them to a vendor. :)
nerdrage is so amusing
no wings yet
I haven't received mine either and I bought the expansion through Battlenet about 8 hours ago.
I pre-ordered RoS as a gift to someone that wouldn't have been able to get it for some time. They have not gotten their wings. Is a gifted purchase treated a something different than a normal purchase and they won't get their wings now?
03/21/2014 12:22 PMPosted by CookieGaGa
@Lylirra I just checked my account and still haven't received my wing.........

please help me take a look my account .

ty

03/21/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Tibbo
I haven't got mine yet

Few questions for you two:

1) Did you prepurchase a digital copy of Reaper of Souls or pre-order a retail copy?

2) If you prepurchased digitally, has the purchased completed yet? (You'll need to check in Battle.net Account Management once maintenance is over.)

3) If the purchase has completed, have you logged into the game and checked for mail icon? If you're already in-game (and the purchase is verified as complete), does the mail icon appear if you log out and then back in?
03/21/2014 01:57 PMPosted by Sarlain
I pre-ordered RoS as a gift to someone that wouldn't have been able to get it for some time. They have not gotten their wings. Is a gifted purchase treated a something different than a normal purchase and they won't get their wings now?

Nope, it should be the same! You gifted a digital copy, correct? If yes, did your friend actually claim the gift? (When you gifted a copy of Reaper of Souls to your friend, he or she should have received an email with a game key code inside. That code would then need to be added in Battle.net Account Management before your friend would qualify for the Wings of Valor.)

Bit more info here: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-shop

Gifting Items

To gift an eligible item to a friend, click Gift instead of Buy Now on the item’s shop page. When you check out, you will be prompted to enter your friend’s email address. We’ll send a claimable key code to that email address, and you’ll receive a purchase receipt at your registered Battle.net email address.

Your friend must have a Battle.net account to claim a game key. If you gift them a World of Warcraft pet, mount, item, or game time, they must have a World of Warcraft license in good standing (not banned or suspended) attached to their Battle.net account.
Alright, thanks a lot for the information!
I still haven't received my wings either :S? I pre-ordered this Tuesday and the payment has been made but when I log in no mail icon, no wings :(.

#DERP wrong side found them =D
well now my collectors edition pack for diablo 3 base game is completely worthless. the only reason it was worth the extra 40$ was the angelic wings, and now every1 has even cooler looking wings "ie wings of valor" than the CE version of the game. they should give the CE version something extra now, maybe weapon skins or something that would make up for the loss of value.
03/21/2014 01:57 PMPosted by Lylirra
03/21/2014 12:22 PMPosted by CookieGaGa
@Lylirra I just checked my account and still haven't received my wing.........

please help me take a look my account .

ty

03/21/2014 01:38 PMPosted by Tibbo
I haven't got mine yet

1) Did you prepurchase a digital copy of Reaper of Souls or pre-order a retail copy?

2) If you prepurchased digitally, has the purchased completed yet? (You'll need to check in Battle.net Account Management once maintenance is over.)

3) If the purchase has completed, have you logged into the game and checked for mail icon? If you're already in-game (and the purchase is verified as complete), does the mail icon appear if you log out and then back in?

Hi Lylirra,
I bought a digital copy and it is completed. I got all other ROS gifts: new design the pet,..
i didnt receive any mail from recently event.
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/15rktpf.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2i1k3sg.jpg[/IMG]
I tried relogin, but still nothing.
Got my wings last night, SICK! ^_^ TY
well now my collectors edition pack for diablo 3 base game is completely worthless. the only reason it was worth the extra 40$ was the wings, and now every1 has even cooler looking wings "ie wings of valor" than the CE version of the game. they should give the CE version something extra now, maybe weapon skins or something that would make up for the loss of value.

That's like complaining that you bought a 2007 Honda and paid extra for some feature, and the 2009 Honda gets that feature baseline. :\

I'm excited to get home and put on my wings. :D
its more like complaining about a game offering everyone a better item for free, that someone else paid full price for the lesser version of the same item. and the only reason your not complaining is im guessing you didnt buy the CE

YES

YES on 1 JAN 2014

MAIL ICON DOES NOT APPEAR