The XP bonus wasn't bugged after all.

General Discussion
So the XP bonus weekend is now over and mobs are giving their true experience again.

Most small mobs were nerfed down to 30% of their original gains, or less. Point of reference: a level 1 character would have to kill 100 Risen to gain their first level.

Overkill?
yea, went from 3 bars doing snakes to barely over 1, the quest actually gave me about 1/4 of that bar on it's own, that is how terrible the experience is without the buff :-/

I don't usually use these "broken runs" but I felt like it was the last day of the buff and the last day before the expansion, so I gave it a shot. it was fun while it lasted I suppose. Back to leveling and farming legit for RoS.
Well it's really ridiculous. They took a look at the ancients run and other "super fast exp" runs and then applied a blanket nerf over the whole game, drastically reducing the experience from the majority of mobs by more than 50% and then not even increasing the experience granted by big mobs.

People were actually getting more experience before any of these bonuses were applied than they were with the 100% bonus. The ancients run is STILL better than everything else because experience got reduced EVERYWHERE. This didn't address the problem at all.
This is what happens when people !@#$% and moan begging for one part of the game to be nerfed. Overkill is a requirement for being a developer it seems.
I don't think regular farming will be viable anymore, it'll be either Bounties or Campaign over and over, going to miss being able to farm whatever place you want and still have it be somewhat efficient for XP/Legendaries gained per hour.

Bounties: Blood shards for gambling, satchels, rift key fragments, XP/Gold reward etc.
Campaign: Bonuses to quest rewards, 100% Legendary Malthael etc.

Farming random place: nerfed Monster XP and Normal Monsters barely drop loot anymore.

Going to miss D3V MP10 farming.
Yeah, the exp bar barely even moves now :( :(
I wasn't even doing XP runs and half of my night was spent on normal, barely killing anything, rushing to Diablo in preparation of tomorrow.. the other half doing T2 and I still got like four paragon levels (112-116).

I think that's acceptable, moreso since this is ten levels under cap and level 70 mobs will be giving a lot more XP. >_______________________>
03/24/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Yura

I think that's acceptable, moreso since this is ten levels under cap and level 70 mobs will be giving a lot more XP. >_______________________>

I really hope this is the case, even so it is still an artificial band-aid being applied to make their game balanced in the expansion. It is literally like saying, in order for us to be able to give you an extra ten levels and to make the game playable, we have to reduce experience gains across the whole game.
Doesnt sound like a very well designed or constructed game to me.
Eh it sounds more like they dropped exp gains to nudge people towards buying the expansion.

Same deal with the refusal to fix 2H level 60 legendaries and offhands.
03/24/2014 01:01 AMPosted by KhaoS
Going to miss D3V MP10 farming.

Rofl Act1 2 areas over and over.. yeah so fun.

White monsters are balanced.. they are faceroll they don't do anything and die easily.. they shouldn't provide much exp and gear. It's fine.

03/24/2014 01:53 AMPosted by Tulki
Same deal with the refusal to fix 2H level 60 legendaries and offhands.

Lol like 2h weapons ever was very important for any class.. You can do fine dual wielding 2x 1h now right?
The reason 2H weapons were never important to any class was because they didn't give them higher affix rolls until patch 2.0. But then when they did, they also broke 2H legendary drops.

They weren't viable because Blizzard didn't fix their bugs until level 70.
whut, my legacy skorn was bad? did I miss sth? :p
They shouldn't of done any nerfing until the exp buff was gone then checked to see if their real xp was an issue.
So many people complaining because ['They took my super fast exp farming spot and nerfed it so I can't get 10 paragon levels an hour anymore.']

We heard so many people boasting that they did CotA runs, crater runs or snakes runs and got paragon levels coming out ther ears so why are they complaining that their favourite runs got nerfed?
03/24/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Yura
I wasn't even doing XP runs and half of my night was spent on normal, barely killing anything, rushing to Diablo in preparation of tomorrow.. the other half doing T2 and I still got like four paragon levels (112-116).

No doubt lv70 mobs will give a lot more xp. It's a bait to lure more purchase. But once the sales number meet their target, they'll be starting to nerf things.
03/24/2014 02:29 AMPosted by Chaon
So many people complaining because ['They took my super fast exp farming spot and nerfed it so I can't get 10 paragon levels an hour anymore.']

We heard so many people boasting that they did CotA runs, crater runs or snakes runs and got paragon levels coming out ther ears so why are they complaining that their favourite runs got nerfed?

I never did the runs but I still feel the nerf. It was a blanket nerf that covered the whole game. From what I have heard the runs are still the best XP because the nerf was so general rather than targeting those specific areas.

Basically it didn't address the problem.
bye bye 50% and 100% xp bonus. we'll miss you. come back soon.
I'm satisfied with my gains over the weekend. I just hope it evens out at 70 because it's tanked after the buff went away
Why wouldn't they be pushing RoS? If you made a product, wouldn't you be pushing it as much as you can? Or do you not like profit?