No competition = No fun

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Can we at least race each other in killing waves of monsters
Can we at least race each other in paragon leveling?
Can we at least some sort of ladder system?
Can we at least have some sort of PvPvE like Carnival PQ?

Please? This is so mind numbingly boring.
I suggested a while ago adding a kill count per session in multiplayer games since Blizzard tracks this already. Maybe drop some extra loot or gold for the first player to hit a certain number. But didn't get much traction.
In hardcore mode, we sometimes amp up the torment level to see who dies first.
Having prettier gear than everyone else is the competition, though I agree more direct competition would be more fun.

I'd love to see a 1 on 1 dueling ladder implemented, even if it's not balanced.
+1 to this. Would be fun doing a killing DM or some sort of mini-games coop and against each other. Would love DM type games, CTF, and maybe endless waves of survival kinda like where mobs get stronger and stronger and u get rewarded for each wave completed.

Endless dungeon would be nice or endless tower.
www.diabloprogress.com

there is a ladder race going on. Its not on bnet but who cares.

Yes its not enough and I wont buy RoS until I see some nice competition features.

But personally I had alot of fun during the 1.04 Paragon race all because of progress, so if you missed out you have a new chance now :)
03/24/2014 09:20 AMPosted by dajusta

Diablo isn't a competitive game, and never has been. Nominal features in the past have been implemented to approximate competition on a basic level (ladders), and we may get that at some point in the future, but the Diablo franchise is about running around, killing monsters, and taking their stuff.

If you want a competition focused game, either Arena in World of Warcraft, Starcraft, or Hearthstone may be more to your liking. :)
03/24/2014 09:40 AMPosted by Goodbrew
In hardcore mode, we sometimes amp up the torment level to see who dies first.

That sounds fun and horrible at the same time

Yes ... you just need to synchronize Swatches and compete.

Yes ... you just need to synchronize Swatches and compete.

On it's way ... .Soon' XD

Maybe.

Then why do you torment yourself so?
Silentman im sorry but shut up. You are in no right to talk about what diablo is about and is not about.

Heroes of might and magic 3 had the possibility to play against other players even though it was just a side thing from the developers. The company 3DO basically went down the drain 2001 and today, 12 years later Heroes of Might and magic have more viewers on stream than d3 (well not atm but the last couple of months).

My point? Diablo 2 was an open game with possibilities and those brought alot of side effects.

I played competitive several hours per day for ~7 years, we were a pretty big community really devoting ourselves to the game and I´ve had sooo many cool tournaments because of the game diablo 2. It bugs me then to see someone like you who think you have the right to tell people what a game is about and is not about. If you dont wanna compete - dont. But dont talk about what other people should do.

Half life was also a single player game, Quake 2 also.

God, why do I even bother.
Competition is important. However, so many bad players in this game that it will bring only tears when you are steam rolled in any competitive event.

It's called "Ladder".

Wait for it.
03/24/2014 09:36 AMPosted by DJINN
I suggested a while ago adding a kill count per session in multiplayer games since Blizzard tracks this already. Maybe drop some extra loot or gold for the first player to hit a certain number. But didn't get much traction.

Developers got lazy, its the NEW Diablo way!
I definitely recommend tuning in to the Live Q&A from the launch event tonight. I'll be chatting with Josh Mosqueira and Wyatt Cheng in a round-table discussion, and we've taken some questions from Twitter to answer on stream as well.

So come and join us. You might just learn something new. ;)
A good way to make competition in Diablo 3 is to track how many legendary items one finds.
the amount of bosses/wardens ect killed.
the amount of arena wins.

there is lots of potential.
03/24/2014 10:24 AMPosted by Nevalistis
I definitely recommend tuning in to the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13235346/"]Live Q&A[/url] from the launch event tonight. I'll be chatting with Josh Mosqueira and Wyatt Cheng in a round-table discussion, and we've taken some questions from Twitter to answer on stream as well.

So come and join us. You might just learn something new. ;)

Between this response and the recent tweets from Josh, I'm thinking ladders are incoming.
have an INFERNAL wave game mode/portal where you are forced to battle rediculous amounts of waves that you can not win. the party that can make it the furthest, wins.
I would assume all their talk of ladders means they are adding a ladder system.
I've never understood why everything always have to be a competition all the time. Why can't we just go kill loads of monsters and have fun with our friends? I mean, I'm competitive too and I enjoy helicoptering my ePeen just as much as the next guy, but I have other games for that. Am I the only one who has generally accepted the Diablo series for what it is, a series of PvE games, and sought to sedate my PvP fix elsewhere?

B