I HAVE to ask this before buying RoS...

General Discussion
Hey guys.

I saw a post not long ago about resetting our account of some sorts to make it feel like we were starting brand new and all that.
What I basically want is to start all fresh on my D3 account. I want to do like a hard reset on my account and start completely new without any achievements, paragons (I don't think I have any), and any progress on jewel guy and BS guy. I apologize in advance if my terms for the words are a bit off... I haven't played D3 for more than a year (or maybe two??) since its release.
I know that deleting my chars won't erase the progress that I have made in regards to the BS and jeweler guy.
What are my choices in regards to doing a "hard reset" on my D3 account and starting completely self-found and fresh without feeling the taint of having used the AH before? Has Blizzard implemented anything yet in regards to this?
I really want to buy RoS before the time runs out for the bonuses and also, the current account of D3 I have is the Collector's edition with all the bonuses and all that... so I cannot buy a new account of D3 and use that instead :/
Please help, anyone, Blizzard or otherwise.

Thanks guys =)

If you guys need further clarifications, don't hesitate to ask.
Aside from buying a new game key and you said you will not do, there is nothing you can do.
Delete all characters?
There is no such option. It is unlikely to be added.

Look up how much gold it cost to level up the Blacksmith and Jeweler and throw that much gold away if it makes you feel better.
03/20/2014 12:28 PMPosted by LycheeJuice
Hey guys.

I saw a post not long ago about resetting our account of some sorts to make it feel like we were starting brand new and all that.
What I basically want is to start all fresh on my D3 account. I want to do like a hard reset on my account and start completely new without any achievements, paragons (I don't think I have any), and any progress on jewel guy and BS guy. I apologize in advance if my terms for the words are a bit off... I haven't played D3 for more than a year (or maybe two??) since its release.
I know that deleting my chars won't erase the progress that I have made in regards to the BS and jeweler guy.
What are my choices in regards to doing a "hard reset" on my D3 account and starting completely self-found and fresh without feeling the taint of having used the AH before? Has Blizzard implemented anything yet in regards to this?
I really want to buy RoS before the time runs out for the bonuses and also, the current account of D3 I have is the Collector's edition with all the bonuses and all that... so I cannot buy a new account of D3 and use that instead :/
Please help, anyone, Blizzard or otherwise.

Thanks guys =)

If you guys need further clarifications, don't hesitate to ask.

My opinion just del all toons and have fun playing the game. People act like they die if they cant do hard resets. ROS has been the long awaited expansion HAVE FUN
Switch your region to EU or Asia.

Play Hardcore.

Wait for ladders.
You want a complete reset... Pray for ladders, although they probably won't since they are not casual friendly.
Hmmm so the only choice I have is to buy diablo 3 again, eh?
Darn :/
I want to keep all the bonuses that I got from buying the D3 CE back when it was released so if I buy a new D3 account that is like standard ($20 atm) and it won't be a digital deluxe thingy but... omg it's soo confusing I know but still, I am too OCD about these things I guess =/

Only option is to buy another copy of D3 and add RoS to that account to have a clean slate... OR... Change the region I play in... maybe I might try that and see what pings I get in other regions or something like that....

I really hope there is some kind of hard reset button of sorts for people like me... even though we might be a few of them... oh well... =/
Any more input, anyone?
Last shameless bump before I decide accordingly, I guess :/
The only thing you can't reset is jeweller and blacksmith. You can use the 'reset' quests' button to reset everything else and delete your chars.

Achievements are gone as or patch 2.0 and moved to "feats of strength" and replaced with all new achievements so you're ok there.

It's just your artisans that can't be reset currently.

Others have raised this too though so I wouldn't be surprised if they add a function to do it.
Switch regions.
03/21/2014 11:49 AMPosted by TheNightOwl
The only thing you can't reset is jeweller and blacksmith. You can use the 'reset' quests' button to reset everything else and delete your chars.

Achievements are gone as or patch 2.0 and moved to "feats of strength" and replaced with all new achievements so you're ok there.

It's just your artisans that can't be reset currently.

Others have raised this too though so I wouldn't be surprised if they add a function to do it.

You can't reset paragon or gold, so they wouldn't be starting fresh.
Good thing I didn't have any lvl 60s to begin with so no paragons... and if I delete all of my chars, and empty my stash out, then the gold and items that I bought and stuff would be gone too... So that's a good thing... I think? =P
I have to look into achievements and see if the past achievements that I have had are turned into feats or not.
Also, only thing that cannot be reset currently are the artisans, which are the covetus shen guy and the blacksmith guy?