Upcoming Hotfixes - 3/21/14

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 10 11 12 49 Next
Absolute BS! that we are now Forced to play torment 1 or higher for sets.....BS!!!!

What if you like me and I'm sure many are playing hardcore and are far too weak for torment 1 cause we can't find upgrades as it is......The answer:

By screwing us more by taking sets out of the lower difficulties altogether freaking brilliant....so po'ed......
Dear D3 Devs..

I know patch 2.0 really brought back a lot of players and we know you are nervous about keeping us here again as long as possible. It's just that that the changes you guys put out are designed to make us play the game longer. The intent is fine, but the way you guys did this is upsetting.

1. We wanted Torment to be more rewarding. Yes, you guys made torment relatively more rewarding than its lower difficulties, but torment alone is unchanged. It is same as the torment before this hot fix.

2. You guys lowered xp from mobs with low hp (Unknown standards). We wanted xp gained to be relative to the monster's hp.

It would make my day if you guys actually buffed rewards from torment and actually made xp relative to the monster's hp. That is what people asked for right?

If you guys want us to play this game longer and extend this game's longevity, I suggest you guys stop with this sneaky way of proudly expressing "we listened to you guys! (But we are actually forcing you to play longer)", because it is disgusting.

Please make us like the game so we may play it longer.

Thank you.
03/21/2014 03:28 PMPosted by NightFly
Absolute BS! that we are now Forced to play torment 1 or higher for sets.....BS!!!!

What if you like me and I'm sure many are playing hardcore and are far too weak for torment 1 cause we can't find upgrades as it is......The answer:

By screwing us more by taking sets out of the lower difficulties altogether freaking brilliant....so po'ed......

this^ people keep trying to say set items drop from the sky, im mad about the set item change ONLY because my HC char

my DH just got a danettas revenge this morning in expert, and because of it i am running master now. set pieces dropping in lower difficulties was helping HC players even reach T1, now theres no telling how long it will take for casuals to be geared enough for T1 where there are no worries
03/21/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The class sets weren't designed as a progression, but rather as a lateral choice between different play styles.

Stands to reason that on torment difficulty these might actually be easier to get then than perceived. Which in my view is a good thing because the mechanic they offer is more about breaking things up than just increasing raw stats to ridiculous levels and farming until you can get the next set capable of that.
03/21/2014 01:45 PMPosted by DrothVader
Every time I ask for an elegant solution to these problems people cry about it. So we get nerfs instead.

That is a lie. You asked for this nerf, specifically.

Nothing gives me more pause about the future of this game than the fact Blizzard seems to take your idiotic suggestions seriously.
I like the set change very much.
I was going to be mad about the set items only dropping in Torment since this is a classic case of Blizzard claiming to 'help us' when as usual they just happily take any nerf suggestions that draw out the game longer and implement them.

But I realized you've made a huge mistake by moving set pieces only to torment. Now we have a way to hunt non set legendaries without risk of a set piece dropping.

When will you guys figure out that the only way to make Torment more rewarding is by making the stat variance rolls automatically have a higher base on the minimum end in higher difficulties? All you did here is make below torment less rewarding. Torment has not become more rewarding at all. I will experience no difference in my playing at all thanks to this change because I'm not some sort of elitist unique snowflake who wants to have things others can't have.
03/21/2014 01:49 PMPosted by TheMilkman
poor babies can't handle their precious cota being nerfed

If you read the post it's clearly not just cota that is being nerfed. The nerf will hit pretty much every single area of the game.
03/21/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Nevalistis
The list is actually quite long, but we were specifically targeting enemies that "swarm." In other words, those that tend to appear in large quantities and offer little resistance.

Can you guys provide this list. I don't want to be running a route that's been nerfed. Well it's obvious COTA is but there would be other routes that are.

You guys have to know that people will always find the new efficient farming spot. It's just natural human nature to do so.
Such a bad PR move right before RoS.
So Blizzard nerfs parts of the game that really have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG instead of fixing say Resplendent chests that are anything but.

Yeah, lets fix the leaking toilet instead of putting out the fire that is burning down the house.

Remember when Blizzard used to make games that didn't piss their core audience off?

It is seriously time for some balance on Blizzards part. And I mean adding positive changes that reward players to make up for the last two years of nerfs.
03/21/2014 03:41 PMPosted by f3llyn
03/21/2014 01:49 PMPosted by TheMilkman
poor babies can't handle their precious cota being nerfed

If you read the post it's clearly not just cota that is being nerfed. The nerf will hit pretty much every single area of the game.

Exactly, ALL the trash mobs that "swarm" is being nerfed.

That means.

Weeping
Cath 4
Depths (Keeps)
Spiders (Act 3 Alkazier runs)
Snake runs

LOL@ people who think is is just aimed at COTA.

In many threads, people asked to BUFF density to remove COTA and other farming areas relative minor increase of EXP, but instead we get the very opposite.

Not to mention the groups getting good exp from COTA require a TEAM of people who have build specific jobs, monk puller, barb speedbuffer, wiz archons. It's cooperative play at a very high level.

Now we just have to reinvent the wheel somewhere else.
03/21/2014 02:02 PMPosted by Wakil
People are threatening to cancel pre-orders over set items not dropping below torment difficulty? I mean did you honestly think that was a good idea? Legendaries and set items drop like candy now, if the same items drop on all difficulties then what's the point of playing the harder difficulties? "Oh yeah I bust my hump to play Torment 4-6 for no reason other than I get the exact same stuff as someone playing on normal!" - But with legendaries dropping the way they do, what do you expect Blizzard to do exactly? A legendary loot explosion when you open a chest in Torment?

Sets, especially with as good as they are, being Torment only is fine. It makes sense. The only reason the tears are flowing is because it should have been like this from the start. It sucks that they took away the potential to get set items after allowing people to get set items from lower difficulties for a couple weeks. If it had been "Sets = Torment Only." from the start, it wouldn't be a problem.

If you want to cancel your pre-order over it though ... Well, seems like an awful lot of a hassle and robbing yourself of a fun experience over a minor change, but that's cool, less people that get outraged about everything, less drama in the game. Fine with me.

As for CotA runs ... Well ... I'm actually fine with that too, it was painfully obvious that they'd make a change to that. They should have done it sooner. That's my only issue with the changes, they should have been done SOONER. When one spot in a game is so much more efficient than every other spot for XP farming, it really needs to be fixed. How can you even dispute that? Blizzard made an entire game for you to play, they didn't just make CotA for you to run over and over and over again until your eyeballs fall out.

Good changes, just a little late.

I've gotten exactly 1 set item since 2.0 and it was an amulet for a 2 piece set. So yeah...not exactly dropping like candy.
well, its fine they are "trying" to balance farm areas, but instead of nerfing pretty much every viable route atm, they should have boosted density somewhere else :S
I happen to know a toy gun company that specializes in rubber and foam bullets for children that is pleased with the fame they have been given by this game.
03/21/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Spaceme
So Blizzard nerfs parts of the game that really have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG instead of fixing say Resplendent chests that are anything but.

Grimiku actually posted about this quite recently.

03/19/2014 03:23 PMPosted by Grimiku
Good news about Resplendent chest! We're going to buff the treasure that they yield, so that they feel more resplendent. There's been a lot of feedback about this, and it's definitely something we've noticed while playing, too. I don't have a time frame to share on when we can expect this change to happen, though, but it's something we plan to address.
Affirms my decision to wait on RoS and get player feedback first before buying. Seems Blizzard;s solution to "make this part of the game better" is to make all the other parts worse.

Continuing to set me free from Diablo.
Nevalistis, would you be able to address all the feedback stating set drop rates are not quite as high as we would like (or as high as they were in the ROS beta post doubling of rates)?
right so blizzard gives 100% more exp... but nerfs all the ways to level, whats the point then?
all of this 4 days before ROS nice move blizz..!