Upcoming Hotfixes - 3/21/14

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 13 14 15 49 Next
remember when u had to beat the level to open the cow level to farm good exp?
this is like playing a game in the backyard when I was a kid and we made up the rules as we played...
03/21/2014 04:43 PMPosted by Phatty
03/21/2014 04:37 PMPosted by ladish

So everyone else needs to get to p300 in a month of casual play? Why exactly?

Again, this isn't the case. People casually playing however you define it don't get p300 in a month.

p400 by mannercookies calculations was around 80 hours of cota grind with other teams. If a casual player is hitting 20 hours a week, playing with a coordinated team to get good exp that's ... somehow not casual?

Well that's 400 for a start so I wouldn't be surprised if 300 takes half that time. But it's all beside the point. Freaking out because now you'll "only" get 800mill xp/hour is laughable for anyone who played prior to 2.0. Unless this (once again) comes down to qq that king Kongor and other "hardcore" players now have an unassailable advantage due to chest and crypt runs pre nerf. In which case lol at the concept that it matters in any context whatsoever.
I just do not get the logic any more behind these changes. It is BOA now, with that being put into place, stop with the nerfing and reducing. The logical approach seems to be increase mob density everywhere, and buff the classes to feel powerful.

This logic of "you guys are going to play the way we want you" to is very flawed and is really starting to piss people off. You guys have built a very solid game engine here vs what is out there, and you are completely floundering in your execution of it.

So when is frost orb getting whacked by the nerf bat. I just want to know cause it is going to happen based on your current history.
LOL - the people who WEREN'T doing CotA runs are now being punished with LOWER EXP. Nice job, Blizzard.

Also, people are still going to find efficient ways to grind exp since running through acts is boring (not the players fault). People are now doing Core and Keep runs. Going to nerf the exp there? Going to nerf the mob density there? When will you get it that people don't want to run through the acts, they're not efficient and they're boring.
03/21/2014 04:56 PMPosted by Subject
I just do not get the logic any more behind these changes. It is BOA now, with that being put into place, stop with the nerfing and reducing. The logical approach seems to be increase mob density everywhere, and buff the classes to feel powerful.

This logic of "you guys are going to play the way we want you" to is very flawed and is really starting to piss people off. You guys have built a very solid game engine here vs what is out there, and you are completely floundering in your execution of it.

So when is frost orb getting whacked by the nerf bat. I just want to know cause it is going to happen based on your current history.

The funny thing with fo is it got nerfed in d2 for being op and spammable
03/21/2014 04:53 PMPosted by ladish

Well that's 400 for a start so I wouldn't be surprised if 300 takes half that time. But it's all beside the point. Freaking out because now you'll "only" get 800mill xp/hour is laughable for anyone who played prior to 2.0. Unless this (once again) comes down to qq that king Kongor and other "hardcore" players now have an unassailable advantage due to chest and crypt runs pre nerf. In which case lol at the concept that it matters in any context whatsoever.

Have you even seen the exp tables? At 800 mill xp/hour, do you know how many hours of play it will take to make it to p800?
Freaking out because now you'll "only" get 800mill xp/hour is laughable for anyone who played prior to 2.0

Many months ago I had someone mockingly ask how I was only at Plvl 30 or something with 400+hours logged.

Well as least 350 of those hours were logged before Paragon even existed.
Just wait until they nerf Naphalem rifts and Adventure Mode citing that it unbalances game play.
03/21/2014 05:00 PMPosted by Phatty

Have you even seen the exp tables? At 800 mill xp/hour, do you know how many hours of play it will take to make it to p800?

Too many to be worthwhile, same as before. Lol at the idea I'd even try to hit 800 in twelve bazillion cota runs with or without nerfs.
It seems to me that this way they're making it to where campaign is only for going from 1-70, and if you want to farm/grind, adventure mode and Nephalem Rifts are the way to go.

From what I've seen of people doing loot runs in the RoS beta, it seems to me that like 50 loot bags yields roughly 20 legendaries, give or take. So as far as the drop rates go, it also appears to me that they are trying to get us (the players) to focus on Adventure Mode and Nephalem Rifts for our item farming needs instead of having to lean on an unreliable boss drop mechanic.
03/21/2014 04:31 PMPosted by ladish
People are quick to forget exp gain went up by a factor of 5-10 when 2.0 hit. Players getting to p500 in 2 weeks is an utter joke.

With a 50% exp buff. People who say that always forget to mention that little tid bit.
03/21/2014 04:57 PMPosted by Psijic
LOL - the people who WEREN'T doing CotA runs are now being punished with LOWER EXP. Nice job, Blizzard.

RFLMAO

10/10
03/21/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Wakil
No, it's things like the little spiders in Caverns (Act 1), the swarming skeletons in CotA (and one would assume the cathedral ones as well.) the Scorpion/Spider things in Act 3 that are before Azmodan, Probably the little black things that burst out of the corruption in Act 4/Swarm you in the rifts. Things that swarm you and have like no HP so they die before they even get to you.

Is there any way we can get confirmation on this? I understand a list would be extremely difficult to set up, but a little more clarification would go a long way as the original post was KIND of vague with what all it entailed. It can be taken one of two ways from my understanding of it..

1. As quoted above, this nerf applies to swarming cannon fodder. This seems a fair deal, and doesn't warrant the amount of rage I'm seeing in this post.

2. Depending on what Blizzard considers "Average" for mob Health, this is an overall nerf of XP for most normal mobs in the game. This is a scary idea, nerfing the XP of all mobs due to a few areas being constantly farmed. While I initially dislike this idea, I'm withholding full judgement until RoS hits and I'm at level 70. I have no idea how good or bad Adventure Mode, Rifts, and Bounties are going to be for XP, so I'm holding out hope.
Yikes, So nerf lower difficulties to make torment look more rewarding? Are you kidding me now? How about making tougher enemies drop better stuff...or at least start buffing things.

With all due respect, did you guys just make 2.0 just to lure people back and gradually reverse everything? Are we going to see RMAH make a comeback in 6 months as well?

I'm hoping you buff adventure mode as a whole at least, I'd love to see hotfixes that include more buffs than nerfs for a change.
So many nerfs and no buffs to compensate, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
CoTa runs have been in the game for how long?? and now you want to change them.... I'm sorry your new dungeons are not as rewarding as existing game content but your inability to build and balance new content should not be a free for all excuse to nerf old content to try and make the new look better.

And with regards to the changes to torment drops on sets ... wow, who came up with design solutions, Im already regretting buying RoS, I even told myself I would.

Why don't you just release a built in game autopilot which plays for us because you already manipulate everything else.
Set items in torment only is horrible. I found the inna pants on expert. I don't get why I would need to play torment to find the rest of the set pieces.

Why don't you create NEW LEGENDARIES AND HAVE THOSE ONLY DROP IN TORMENT?
03/21/2014 05:16 PMPosted by Supernose
1. As quoted above, this nerf applies to swarming cannon fodder.

This is the intent. Wakil gives some good examples of these types of enemies, I'll quote it again for convenience:

03/21/2014 04:08 PMPosted by Wakil
No, it's things like the little spiders in Caverns (Act 1), the swarming skeletons in CotA (and one would assume the cathedral ones as well.) the Scorpion/Spider things in Act 3 that are before Azmodan, Probably the little black things that burst out of the corruption in Act 4/Swarm you in the rifts. Things that swarm you and have like no HP so they die before they even get to you.