A Warning about the Mystic...

General Discussion
I actually did not know that. So thank you.

03/25/2014 10:35 AMPosted by PhazeDelta1
If it was anymore clearer, you could see through it. It shouldn't be that difficult to understand the words "possible replacement properties"

That doesn't mean anything. For all we know "possible replacement properties" could be referring to the list that it gives you. Not that you it randomly selects one from the list.
03/25/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Torus
Edit: oh and to add insult to injury, one of the properties it chose for me was ...more cold resist! lol

You know what is really insulting? People that dont know what they are talking about. You are offered the same property for those that want to reroll that same property to a higher value. So you can choose to change it to one of two randomly chosen properties or if it has all the properties you want and you just want to reroll an already existing property you can do that as well.
And in case anyone doesn't know, I'll just add:

If your item has +elemental resist as a secondary property, the item cannot roll All Resist as a main property. Same goes for if an item has +AR, you can't roll its secondary to a elemental resist.
I think the problem here is that you need to be very careful when using the Mystic. I was just using it and accidentally walked away before choosing the new enchantment I wanted. It closed the window and I lost my mats.
03/25/2014 12:56 PMPosted by Calamity
Of course you aren't guaranteed to get a legendary at that level, there's a MINIMUM level legendaries can roll.

Do you know what the word "guarantee" means? Do you know the concept of 100%? Because that's what a guarantee is; always, 100%, no exceptions. Why would Blizzard call this mechanic "Guaranteed Legendary" if it IS NOT guaranteed? And still expect players to understand what's going on?

If a legendary can't roll below level 11, how the !@#$ does it make any sense that you would get one at level 9?

It's a stipulation that is neither mentioned nor... how should I put this so it will sink in; guaranteed. A level 11 Legendary item CAN be made to drop for players below that level, it's a possible outcome that is supported by fact. Why Blizzard has made rules to prevent this, is utterly and completely beside the point. But if, and obviously since they did make these rules up, they can no longer call it a guaranteed drop.

As far as unique equipped - it means exactly what it says. You can only have one of those items equipped.

Wrong. You can have two of the same Legendary items equipped. Fact. Not on your head and other instances you can only wear one item, obviously, making the description somewhat redundant, but on your fingers as rings and in your hands as weapons. Fact. Yes, fact.
They can't really give you the option to always pick what stat you want because you'll easily max or near max it. After that, what else is there?

I like the randomness of it. It makes you feel good when you roll what you're looking for on the first try.
I'm afraid I do not know how the mystic works...

I thought you put your item in, say a legendary 1h sword, choose on attribute, and it rerolls it to something random. It doesn't sound like this is true though?
03/25/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Moress

I thought you put your item in, say a legendary 1h sword, choose on attribute, and it rerolls it to something random. It doesn't sound like this is true though?

You pick one property on a legendary or rare that you want to change.

That property is rerolled randomly from a list of 3 properties you choose.
03/25/2014 01:47 PMPosted by Eff
03/25/2014 01:43 PMPosted by Moress

You pick one property on a legendary or rare that you want to change.

That property is rerolled randomly from a list of 3 properties you choose.

Thanks, I didn't know this either. This however makes the Mystic far, FAR less useful for new and starting-over players. Disappointing.
03/25/2014 10:22 AMPosted by Torus

Edit: oh and to add insult to injury, one of the properties it chose for me was ...more cold resist! lol

This is what bugs me. I rolled for something and the options were the same freaking stat.. lol.
03/25/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Yura
They can't really give you the option to always pick what stat you want because you'll easily max or near max it. After that, what else is there?

They could if they made it expensive but then again they couldn't because they're incapable to properly balance old players with amassed wealth to new players with none.
It's not really enchanting - it's more like gambling for enchants.

The RNG gods won't let us choose anything.
03/25/2014 12:53 PMPosted by Vresiberba
03/25/2014 11:04 AMPosted by TokeJohnson
but you should check up on things
most people will agree with me on that

Most people who knows Blizzard wouldn't agree. They are notoriously vague with just about everything they do, so much in fact, that one would think it's deliberate.

I just found out that the Guaranteed Legendary drops from first kills on Act Bosses isn't guaranteed at all. If you're at, around or below level 10, no-one seems to know, it's 'not likely to get the Guaranteed Legendary to drop*' when you kill an Act Boss.

This is so typical Blizzard 2014, blending and mixing things to such a state their own rules no longer apply. 'Unique Equipped' is another such rule that needs lengthy explanations and special exceptions, since you can actually equip two of these Unique Equipped items, but not on the head since you only have one head.

Trying to interpret thing on your own is sometimes as futile to actually looking things up. Ugh...

* http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12249624859?page=1#12

There is only a guaranteed legendary drop when you kill Diablo the first time or after a quest reset, this was created because there was a bug with the Skeleton King guaranteeing a legendary after resetting your quests. Blizz liked this so they moved it to Diablo instead.
03/25/2014 01:25 PMPosted by jkcheng122
And in case anyone doesn't know, I'll just add:

If your item has +elemental resist as a secondary property, the item cannot roll All Resist as a main property. Same goes for if an item has +AR, you can't roll its secondary to a elemental resist.

Does that mean Monks can't double down on +AR and +elemental resist on the same item for One With Everything in this new system?
03/25/2014 10:26 AMPosted by AOHNH
Doing some research WILL save you from creating pointless threads.
Dont forget it will cost more gold after every try.
03/25/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Vresiberba
Wrong. You can have two of the same Legendary items equipped. Fact. Not on your head and other instances you can only wear one item, obviously, making the description somewhat redundant, but on your fingers as rings and in your hands as weapons. Fact. Yes, fact.

Actually, you're incorrect.

Legacy item is not the same "unique" item. They have a legacy marker on them. Very evident when AH was present.
03/25/2014 01:54 PMPosted by Dubarious
There is only a guaranteed legendary drop when you kill Diablo the first time or after a quest reset

Uhm, no. Wrong. And this is exactly what I'm talking about. If just Blizzard could make proper patch notes, preferably by people who can express themselves and make proper, bloody sense.
03/25/2014 02:00 PMPosted by AOHNH
03/25/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Vresiberba

Actually, you're incorrect.

Legacy item is not the same "unique" item.

According to what written rule, or what written tooltip? Either the item is "Unique Equipped" according to rules and tooltips, or it isn't. Presently, it's some sort of hybrid with mixed rules without any proper explanations. You can only obtain this information by sifting though unofficial information and arbitrarily select and subsequently chose which ones are correct and which ones are not.

In this case, both you and Calamity are dead wrong; you can equip two of the same "Unique Equipped" items. If the items are Legacy or not, is immaterial since this is neither mentioned in the rules nor on the items themselves.