[RoS] Outdated impossible jeweler achievement

Bug Report
Achievements Perfect as tears & Like stars in the sky in Jeweler's branch require you to "Craft a maximum level gems", but listed are radiant stars. Which are hardly maximum not to mention they can't be achieved. For that, one needs 3000x Flawless Squares which drop only to lvl 57-60 characters. After hitting lvl 61 it switches right to Marquis.

So in order to get this achievement one has to delete and recreate like couple hundred characters?
Might be only the achievement description that is not updated.
As for the achievement have you tried to get a Flawless Royal Gem ^wink^?
Um no. Squares will drop as long as the difficulty isn't set to max.
Jandralune, squares does not drop for 61+ lvl players anymore, regardless of difficulty, so it's pretty much impossible achievement to obtain right now.
This is such a chaos.

They did terrible job on gems. Why nobody noticed this, on lvl 60 you get couple flawless squares, but just couple XP later on lvl 61 you get marquis which amount to around 2k flawless squares per gem. They made all the gems in between completely useless and unattainable (Perfect Square, Radiant Square, Star, Flawless Star, Perfect Star, Radiant Star) they can just remove them from the game. This needs complete rework.
Haven't used a 61+ plus yet...and is that's the case. This is a fix that needs to go through in next update.

Should NEVER had made it into live content.
I have a few solution....

the easiest one

make those achievements to feats.

so now the other solution

1) Add character based leveling lock so you get no experience, so you can farm those gems.

2) make just like a currency trade system, where you can trade flawless sqaure gems to the new gems one. ratio rate 1:1. and let flawless square dropp until 66+. This solution can also be doable with perfect star gems instead of flawless square gems.

3) Add at the crafting station a recipe, where you can craft Iridescent tear to one of any gems .

I hope any blue can address to this problem and can give us some information about that.

sry for my bad english its not my mother language ;)
All of your solutions are retarded. Update the achievement to account for the 5 max gem level types.
Still have the problem of the jewelry crafting recipes that want the gems in between.
I tried pointing out this problem multiple times before RoS went live.

All they have to do is the same thing they did with previous achievements that were based on difficulties and are no longer obtainable. Make the current version a Feat of Strength for anyone who has it unlocked, and then provide a new version with the requirements changed to Flawless Royals.

Problem solved.

On a related note... the fear of this happening is why I spent around 30m on buying/crafting gems so that I could earn this achievement before the AH was removed. I should have continued doing it, as I ended up with 40m after selling the Radiant Stars. :D
Im bumping this because its extremely important that it gets fixed, if anyone else cares to see this fixed keep an eye on the thread and keep it bumped up.
If you don't mind the farming for the 1000+ gems. 4 stacks of 248 Flawless squares, so it's not 3000. Reason for 1000+ is the Square and Radiant you'll loot in lvls 55-59..

There is a spot that has a Treasure Goblin fixed to it and nearly no other mobs and is only feet from a way point.in act 1. difficulty doesn't effect gem drop rates at this point as Flawless Square is the highest that will drop and in the level 55-60 range that's really all that drops anyway.
Well, I think there is only one to finish those achievements till the Blizzard team fix them.

It's simple, but you need 2 accounts.

1. Make a new character and play it up to lvl 60.

2. Create the game room with this character and let another account character join this game.

3. Exit your lvl 60 character from your room and change your character to rejoin to the room you made.

This room lvl will be fixed at 60, so only square jewelries will be dropped during the game.

A little bit complicated, but it works.
Silly me sold all my low level gems, not even thinking about this achievement However started a hardcore to start my achievement grind to find out about this one that is near impossible now.. Hopefully we get a msg that they are looking into this!
Might as well bump. Totally forgot about that achievement until it was too late.
Currently, the plan is to convert the achievements Perfect As Tears and Like Stars in the Sky into Feats of Strength in our upcoming patch 2.1.0 content update. I can't make any promises as to when that may arrive on live servers, but feel free to pop on over to the Diablo III PTR and check out what we have so far!
No, I have no screenshots and considering im running in hardcore atm I'm not gonna try it xD haha

I've told Blizzard how to make the bug themselves, they can do it and create a fix.
03/30/2014 05:22 AMPosted by Skillet
I tried pointing out this problem multiple times before RoS went live.

All they have to do is the same thing they did with previous achievements that were based on difficulties and are no longer obtainable. Make the current version a Feat of Strength for anyone who has it unlocked, and then provide a new version with the requirements changed to Flawless Royals.

Problem solved.

On a related note... the fear of this happening is why I spent around 30m on buying/crafting gems so that I could earn this achievement before the AH was removed. I should have continued doing it, as I ended up with 40m after selling the Radiant Stars. :D

Yeah I ended up doing the latter part of what you said here too... then just reselling the gems later on or used in trades for gears
How about making the lower level gems drop at normal difficulty?
07/30/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Tsarnis
Currently, the plan is to convert the achievements Perfect As Tears and Like Stars in the Sky into Feats of Strength in our upcoming patch 2.1.0 content update. I can't make any promises as to when that may arrive on live servers, but feel free to pop on over to the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/14569138/patch-210-ptr-patch-notes-updated-july-18-7-18-2014"]Diablo III PTR[/url] and check out what we have so far!

Once I realized that this achievement didn't 'upgrade' into RoS I forced myself to level additional characters to 61 and delete them afterwards for a sliver of progress. So I am not exactly thrilled by that upcoming final retirement.