Resume Option For Adventure Mode

General Discussion
Hey,
I just started to play adventure mode...and had the same feeling about the missing resume option. I just want to hop in the game for 10-20 min.....

Please add the RESUME Option for ADventure mode.
Horrible idea is horrible.

When all players leave a game, the game is disconnected from the server. If you leave a game (whether you get Dcd or whatever) and your game is still running, it's going to increase the latency severely. Not only that, but the word "dupe" comes to mind.
Yes was wondering about is to.
Oversight indeed
Get on it Blizz!

05/23/2014 06:13 AMPosted by TheCondemned
Horrible idea is horrible.

When all players leave a game, the game is disconnected from the server. If you leave a game (whether you get Dcd or whatever) and your game is still running, it's going to increase the latency severely. Not only that, but the word "dupe" comes to mind.

Would you care to elaborate? Leaving campaign does not mean your game is still on the server. It keep the last checkpoint of where you are. The same can be applied to bounties. If you leave a game, it keeps the number of bounties you completed, saving the quest like any quest in campaign.
I just had this happen to me; play for a few hours in a private game, get "disconnected" and lose all adventure progress. Really horrible that this can happen, as I won't be touching that mode again until it's addressed. Please fix it!
I would also like a resume option. I have had to start over at the fourth and fifth checkpoint a few times lately, and was really annoyed when a disconnect happened as i clicked on Tyrael to get my cache.
+1

I like to walk away from the game to take care of things and I am constantly worried about the inactivity timer when I do. Would like that not to be the case.
2 years since the OP and Adventure Mode still can't be resumed like the campaign.

Way to go Bli$$ard. You guys are great.
09/02/2016 09:26 AMPosted by Metatron
2 years since the OP and Adventure Mode still can't be resumed like the campaign.

Way to go Bli$$ard. You guys are great.

Nice necro:)

But I agree with you.

HOWEVER, everybody knows that if you're not split-bounty-ing, you're doing it wrong. Or you're playing non-season.. you know, the game mode blizzard killed by implementing Seasons, so you can't find any players in non-season games to split bounties with.
I forget. Didn't D2 also have this issue? Did they ever fix that game? Just wondering......

I seem to recall when clearing maps in that game, if you left and restarted, it reset all the monsters and stuff for the maps, so it never "remembered" where you were, only major quest points, which Campaign on D3 also does.. This is basically what you are asking for guys/gals.

How can you have a game remember your progress in Adventure mode without resetting the monsters or quests?

Just saying, the first two didn't have that feature, and I can't see them spending the amount of time required to implement that now.... Right?

Game on.
09/02/2016 12:31 PMPosted by DTMAce
I forget. Didn't D2 also have this issue? Did they ever fix that game? Just wondering......

In short, no, D2 doesn't suffer much from that.

D2 game on B.net gets “sticky” status after 5 minutes or so. With this status, it will stay up for several minutes after the last player has left. In case you get disconnected, you can re-enter the same game if you remember the name and password of it, even if it was empty after you has dropped out. All items, monsters and other progress will stay, except you'll spawn back in town.
Some people even use this feature to move items between their characters: “perm” the game, drop items, leave, switch characters, enter that game, pick items up. That's risky, but you can make it work if you don't have extra CD-keys for self-trading.
Thread necro for the fact that I was two saved people away from finishing a requirement for Season 8 when the game disconnected me. Note, I was on the last bounty, of my final Act. This was fighting with the game and latency the whole way through for 2 hours.

I was almost at the end, and "You have been disconnected." For anyone who knows, that means it is all reset and this Season requirement makes you do ALL of them in ONE playthrough. Either implement a save of sorts (playerx did y bounties in Act Z), or make some Season requirements less insane.
It seems that I'm not the only one, and people were being disconnected (like me) randomly on adventure games, and lose the progress.
It seems that 2 more years have passed since the last few posts, and this is still an issue.
How difficult is to fix connectivity issues between clients and the server? Why is that once that someone is disconnected, there's no 'Reconnection'?
It gets really frustrating to be disconnected from bnet (Internet works perfectly) before the last bounty... It totally kills the Adventure play mode for those that play solo. More than frustrating, it's annoying...
Clearly someone turned on the resume option for this thread.