Resplendent and Radiant Chests Need Buff

General Discussion
Seriously wtf. These chests drop like 2 - 3 blue items and a couple hundred gold. WTF?!
are you really surprised?
03/25/2014 08:26 PMPosted by Shurgosa
are you really surprised?

I found that quite good.

I agree. With how everything else is, you wouldn't expect these to be anything differant
Somebody do the Bashiok quote.
We have previously discussed making Resplendent Chests a little more true to their name in the future, and while unfortunately it's not something we can hotfix, we do plan to do this in an upcoming patch. :)
03/25/2014 08:29 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We have previously discussed making Resplendent Chests a little more true to their name in the future, and while unfortunately it's not something we can hotfix, we do plan to do this in an upcoming patch. :)

Why can't you hotfix this?

How complex is this code?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12164366356?page=2#35
Why does everything take sooo long to implement?
03/25/2014 08:31 PMPosted by Superchang

Why can't you hotfix this?

How complex is this code?

My guess is their planned change is a little more complex than upping drops.
They need buffs NOW while new guys are playing. Wait until May at risk of losing a LOT of new guys...
03/25/2014 08:28 PMPosted by Mcconnell
Somebody do the Bashiok quote.

Those blues could be broken down into mats that can be used for other items. And gold is easy enough to find as it is, why does it need to come from large, glowing chest AS WELL as the normal white ones? Aren't you thankful?
So what you're trying to say is that during 1.3(or some other early patch) when the chests were dropping items like hot cakes, you guys were able to hotfix it to hell. But now that it requires a buff, all of a sudden, you need a patch.

Aren't we thankful.
03/25/2014 08:52 PMPosted by Labatomi
So what you're trying to say is that during 1.3(or some other early patch) when the chests were dropping items like hot cakes, you guys were able to hotfix it to hell. But now that it requires a buff, all of a sudden, you need a patch.

Aren't we thankful.

This change will require more randomization of chest locations and well as (most likely) an increased rarity of spawn...calm down and be happy huge, golden chests will actually be exciting.
The new zones are great, but the loot is horrible. Having mostly level 61 gear drop until you hit 70 is lame. The level 70 gear is mostly not as good as the stuff I was wearing @ 60, maybe I had bad luck, but I did not imagine going up 10 levels and having pretty much the same gear on when I got to 70.
03/25/2014 10:32 PMPosted by LiamN
The new zones are great, but the loot is horrible. Having mostly level 61 gear drop until you hit 70 is lame. The level 70 gear is mostly not as good as the stuff I was wearing @ 60, maybe I had bad luck, but I did not imagine going up 10 levels and having pretty much the same gear on when I got to 70.

That's strange, because it looks to me like you're using mostly RoS gear. You know we can inspect you right?
03/25/2014 11:24 PMPosted by Destruction
How about adding Legendary Chests? Make them super rare.. but guarantee Legendary! This would boost people being social.

Wow...that's a great idea. You could have legendary chest and set chests. I like this.
03/26/2014 06:58 AMPosted by PieHole
03/25/2014 11:24 PMPosted by Destruction
How about adding Legendary Chests? Make them super rare.. but guarantee Legendary! This would boost people being social.

Wow...that's a great idea. You could have legendary chest and set chests. I like this.

Sounds too awesome. Everything "awesome" that's ever been in game has been systematically excised with a bulldozer.

I don't know what they did in the past week but the entire game feels way less rewarding than it used to. EVERY ASPECT of the game is 10 times less fun than 14 days ago. Good job Blizzard, you made the game less fun. Mission accomplished.
Well......bet if the Resplendant and Radiant chests were being "too" rewarding they would be able to "hotfix" them.

Why is it when something is not right it takes for ever to fix, but when something is too good it can fixed almost instantly?
03/26/2014 07:05 AMPosted by jdkzombie
Why is it when something is not right it takes for ever to fix, but when something is too good it can fixed almost instantly?

That's the 40 dollar question....