Building a PC. Can someone help?

Games & Technology
So I'm trying to build a PC that will let me play Diablo 3 on mid-high settings.
I've used logicalincrements.com to help me, but I want your opinions.
Here is a link to what I have compiled in my cart:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3hP6L

Thanks!
eh, right... what is your budget? What is your current rig? Are there any other games you like to play or planning on playing? =)

Because the Case, HDD, DVD burner, and OS can come from your old pc.

CPU is weak for a Gaming PC, Id go with i5 instead.
Motherboard has two PCIx16 slots, you will only use one, no point in paying more for that.
PSU is can be Bronze 80+ 450W without you noticing.

While you are at it, make sure you get an SSD, 120gig should be enough.
for 600$ you can buy a pc that runs this on ultra.
If you want cheap and great performance go AMD cpu. Can get a FX 6350 Black Edition 3.9GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ for 129.99. Or combo it and get the Mobo and CPU from Microcenter for 129.99...yeah a free Mobo.
Definitely want to upgrade that processor to an i5. I'd recommend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116504 it's really good for gaming. My brother uses it along with a GTX 660 Ti which offers similar performance to the one you chose. With this processor and the video card you chose you will be able to max out all the graphics options for this game and plenty of others. Everything else you chose is good.
+1 for upgrading to an I5. Everything else looks good. I'm using a GTX 650 ti boost and it runs smooth at max settings.
I would listen to Kurgan. I have a old I5 myself and been running high end games fine for years. ROS is no exception, though I wouldn't really put it or D3 in that category.

I'm also managing with a 7850 radeon. Even played D3 in eyefinity for a while with no trouble, though my neck started to hurt so had to disable it. Hardcoded UI is painfull when theres so many pixels in between things :P I believe the card you picked is somewhat faster, should run fine.
Your power supply is the minimum for the GPU. Be careful.
CPU...Go with Intel i7 since that is what I'm on now...but mines the first gen i7 so the new gen should be better.
I wouldn't go for i3 or i5 since those are just office computers and not for gaming speeds.
If your going for a gaming machine then i7 is the way to go and will last you a few years and also you don't want a slow machine.

Motherboard: MSI?...why is that people choose MSI?

Memory: Kingston Hyper X...well I tried to get this years ago but was too expensive at the time and didn't get it, but still got Kingston memory but wasn't Hyper X.

Seagate HDD you selected is actually very good because of the high 64mb cache and you would always want 7200RPM speed drive.

Graphics card and Case are VERY IMPORTANT as long as the graphics card can FIT inside your case.
Graphics cards these days are around 11" inches long so you motherboard area has to be big and long otherwise, a case that can't fit a 11" inch long graphics card is !@#$.

The thing with Graphic cards is the higher the model number the better and high end it is.
660 is mid range...690 is top high end range but sometimes 680 is still good high end and will be enough, but at least its cheaper than 690.
670 to 690 are very big cards and around 11" inches long.
I wouldn't pick a 660 card as I usually go for high end cards in #80's cards...as in card that end in 80..such as 580, 680, 780. etc as so it's one notch below the fastest high end card.

As for optical drives and really don't matter as it's personal preference.
OS Windows 7 home...well I usually go for Pro instead...64bit yes a must these days.
CPU...Go with Intel i7 since that is what I'm on now...but mines the first gen i7 so the new gen should be better.
I wouldn't go for i3 or i5 since those are just office computers and not for gaming speeds.
If your going for a gaming machine then i7 is the way to go and will last you a few years and also you don't want a slow machine.

Motherboard: MSI?...why is that people choose MSI?

Memory: Kingston Hyper X...well I tried to get this years ago but was too expensive at the time and didn't get it, but still got Kingston memory but wasn't Hyper X.

Seagate HDD you selected is actually very good because of the high 64mb cache and you would always want 7200RPM speed drive.

Graphics card and Case are VERY IMPORTANT as long as the graphics card can FIT inside your case.
Graphics cards these days are around 11" inches long so you motherboard area has to be big and long otherwise, a case that can't fit a 11" inch long graphics card is !@#$.

As for optical drives and really don't matter as it's personal preference.
OS Windows 7 home...well I usually go for Pro instead...64bit yes a must these days.

i7 would be complete overkill and a waste of money. i5 is more than satisfactory whether you OC or not.
i7 is NOT overkill it will last you a long time and so you will not have any dramas about speed on running applications.
i5 is just mid range CPU...but not really recommend for games that need high CPU speeds.

I once had a Celeron notebook and compare it to my i7 Desktop, the Celeron took ages just to boot up and print a document, while the i7 had already booted and had already had the page printed out.
Yes you can test a i7 and compare to a i3 or i5 and you will notice the difference.

I really depends how much you use your PC or what games you planning to buy.
But upgrading the Celeron notebook I had to a i7 notebook you really don't look back on slow CPU's ever again.
So right the moment I have two i7 machines one a Desktop machine and one a notebook.
But my Desktop is gen 1 while the notebook is probably gen 4 or something which is probably the latest generation of i7's.
03/28/2014 02:00 AMPosted by MaskedReaper
i7 is NOT overkill it will last you a long time and so you will not have any dramas about speed on running applications.
i5 is just mid range CPU...but not really recommend for games that need high CPU speeds.

I once had a Celeron notebook and compare it to my i7 Desktop, the Celeron took ages just to boot up and print a document, while the i7 had already booted and had already had the page printed out.
Yes you can test a i7 and compare to a i3 or i5 and you will notice the difference.

I really depends how much you use your PC or what games you planning to buy.
But upgrading the Celeron notebook I had to a i7 notebook you really don't look back on slow CPU's ever again.
So right the moment I have two i7 machines one a Desktop machine and one a notebook.
But my Desktop is gen 1 while the notebook is probably gen 4 or something which is probably the latest generation of i7's.

I7 is in fact overkill for gaming, a simple Google search will reveal this. I also have first hand experience building rigs with both cpus. Go with the I5.
i7 isn't overkill...where are you getting your info from...I also have been working in the I.T industry so I would know about PC hardware.
Also what generation of i7 are you talking about anyway 1st gen, 2nd gen etc that you say is too OP.
I've never heard of a hardcore PC gamer going for i5 these days...just seems strange.
Also what games are you playing besides RoS?
RoS isn't really a high end requiring CPU game but there are other games I have that do need a good CPU.

I have some games that require quite a bit of power just running on very high settings.
For some Uber setting you really have go for SLI or crossfire graphic cards or just a single GPU of the latest high end graphic card will do...but it really depends on the game.
Also if really depends if you want to run a game on 'very high' settings and you have a HD Def Monitor like I do.
Most people go for high res quality but in order to do so you need power...not just CPU power but graphic card power.
03/28/2014 02:27 AMPosted by MaskedReaper
i7 isn't overkill...where are you getting your info from...I also have been working in the I.T industry so I would know about PC hardware.
Also what generation of i7 are you talking about anyway 1st gen, 2nd gen etc that you say is too OP.
I've never heard of a hardcore PC gamer going for i5 these days...just seems strange.
Also what games are you playing besides RoS?
RoS isn't really a high end requiring CPU game but there are other games I have that do need a good CPU.

I have some games that require quite a bit of power just running on very high settings.
For some Uber setting you really have go for SLI or crossfire graphic cards or just a single GPU of the latest high end graphic card will do...but it really depends on the game.
Also if really depends if you want to run a game on 'very high' settings and you have a HD Def Monitor like I do.
Most people go for high res quality but in order to do so you need power...not just CPU power but graphic card power.

This was taken from OCaholic which was the first result that came when when I googled 'I7 vs I5 gaming:'

Should you be looking for a gaming rig these days and ask yourself what CPU you should buy, then we can say, that the Core i5-4670K will be as sufficient as the i7-4770K. From a gaming performance point of view it really doesn't matter which of the two CPU's you buy. On the other hand, if you consider the price difference between these two CPU's, then the i5-4670K is almost 90 Euro cheaper and the i7-4770K. In case of a gaming PC the i5-4670K is definitely more value for money and the i7-4770K only makes sense, when you actually run applications, which benefit from eight virtual cores.

So there you go. If you look at the numbers you can see that the i7 has roughly a 5% increase in performance, but only at lower non-HD resolutions. And yet it costs almost $100 more. By the way, that article was written only 4 months ago.
i7 has no benefits to gaming... It's just an i5 with HT.
http://www.logicalincrements.com/
Here you go, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3mf5k

The 750ti is the maxwell gpu, will out perform the 660 for less heat and watts. But your card choice really should depend on your monitor and what resolution you play at. You can also buy from EVGA website their B stock which has really good prices especially if your not a hardcore bencher.

Case is up to you, what you like the best. Just make sure you stick to atx form factor if your getting a atx mobo. If you really want an itx mobo, make sure your case will support it.

Really don't skimp on a power supply. Do some research and get a good QUALITY psu. You really don't want to waste $50 on a cheap power supply that can't even put out it's rated power. Or worse, fry all your other hardware.

Look on johnny guru site or overclockers dot com for psu reviews.

As others have said, take the optical from your old tower, or get a $20 sata optical drive. Use your win 7 key from your old pc.
The 750ti does not out perform the 660.
03/28/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Larry
If you want cheap and great performance go AMD cpu. Can get a FX 6350 Black Edition 3.9GHz Six-Core Socket AM3+ for 129.99. Or combo it and get the Mobo and CPU from Microcenter for 129.99...yeah a free Mobo.

you have no clue what you are talking about.

No AMD processor can play D3 at decent speeds with 4 elite packs in Rift relm on Torment 3. I have tested this myself.

Here is my post from another thread it should educate you as to why no AMD CPU Can run this game properly.

Diablo 3 uses a custom engine developed by Blizzard and uses Havok for its physics. This is LARGELY dependent on intel processors as intel acquired Havok in 2008. Many of the features found in intel chips that beat AMD in benchmarks are what this game uses. Both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

The real problem with D3 is that it can only utilize 2 threads meaning only 2 cores in your CPU will be used same goes for Starcraft 2. An 8 core CPU would be worthless same goes for a Triple or Quad Core.
A game that supports 4 cores would play like garbage on 1 core like Pentium 4 which is Blizzard's primary target of users. This survey was done collecting data from WOW and SC1 and Diablo 2 players

Diablo 3 excels at CPU that can do huge numbers of Super Pi. Again intel wins hands down here, intel has AMD BEAT at single threaded benchmarks. Sadly thats what D3 and SC2 relies on its truly a SAD state of affairs if you ask me.

A quad core AMD would easily put it slightly above a dual core intel if this game actually supported 4 threads. Blizzard made this game to support only 2 threads simply because Starcraft 2 engine was designed for people with Pentium 4 this is to gain a large markets and everyone knows nerds are poor. The user base that plays Blizzard games are people who are very poor and cannot afford better.

Rich kids play Call of Duty 9 or whatever number they reached. For the rest of us we have old PC and this is what Blizzard caters for.

Sadly with MOB density its clear to see the huge faults with D3. Blizzard expects you to buy intel to play their games because lets face it most people have PC with intel CPU.

And to people who say their Athlon II X2 can play D3 just fine they are liars. I have the same Athlon II X2 250 OC @ 3.3 GHZ and it still cannot play D3. Sure its perfect in new tristram town but when you hit multiple elite packs in rifts with wizards spamming lighting effects its 8 FPS time. Calculator FPS time, 1984 MS DOS trying to play Crysis time.

This is the laws of physics a CPU can only do so much instructions at a time and thats that.

So don't listen to the liars telling you that your AMD is fine its not its trash just like my AMD. You want good Performance you need to get a Pentium G haswell from Amazon for $75 its 3.2 GHZ and will run D3 just fine at a minimum of 30 FPS in big fights.

Once your GPU is mid range you have no problem this game is CPU bound not GPU
03/28/2014 01:34 AMPosted by Larry

Look at the reviews with games that use AMDs new Mantle API. Even the FX 8000 series CPU benefit from it while a i54670 does not. AMDs CPUs have low performance in comparison.

The OPs system is lower end but it is ok. One thing I would do is up the PSU to at least a 600W. That 450w is cutting it close and I am personally not a fan of Rosewill stuff, prefer Corsair or Seasonic for reliable PSUs.