Upcoming Hotfixes to Legendary Items

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 4 5 6 25 Next
Does the increase in rates apply to everything? Bosses, champs, trash, chests, destructibles? Some, but not all? Just curious!

Thanks!
this makes me happy in pants
03/28/2014 05:56 PMPosted by Golfclub
Does the increase in rates apply to everything? Bosses, champs, trash, chests, destructibles? Some, but not all? Just curious!

Thanks!

would like to knoiw as well
Wonderful news. I know some elitists are going to complain about the drop rate getting bumped, but this is a necessary and uplifting change for the average joes like me.
Does this also affect those that are in the lower levels but still clearing content on Torment 1+?

Currently my Crusader is level 42. Would I still benefit? Or is this only targeting level 70?
Congratulations...You just lowered the longevity of your game.
03/28/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Cainazzo
Update 3/38 @ 5:20 p.m. PT: These hotfixes have been [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]implemented[/url] and should now be live. Please note that you may need to restart your game in order for them to go into effect.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

• First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

• Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Please note that these hotfixes have not yet been implemented. Once the hotfixes are live, they will be added and updated [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]here[/url].

A b... a b... a buff? Wow, this actually sounds great. I don't see how increasing Legendary drop rates could ever be a bad thing.

Plot twist: The buff is +1% chance, but they don't say how much, so now everyone is going to do T1 runs instead of Normal, going to take 5x more to complete and will get less Legendaries/hour then before.

See how can a "buff" be bad.

Conclusion: TELL US THE DAMN CHANCE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE DIFFICULTIES!
Lets get that Maelthael hotifx next please. Trying to get the material right now and its very annoying.
Sleep this weekend??? Ha. Nope!
What's the version I should have? How do I know if I have the hotfixed?
So you basically support the hivemind to MUST play on Torment and repeat the same mistakes "inferno" was? Good to see this game going back to hell again, right after expansion release. ;(
Wow...I'm kinda speechless. We complain about something for 3 days and it gets fixed right away instead of being put on the shelf as 'something on our radar' for the next patch months later. I guess that's what happens when an expansion drops and Blizzard focuses on making it successful..gotta get dem 1 week presale digital orders numbers!

Whatever the case..a big thank you is in order !
03/28/2014 04:55 PMPosted by Lylirra
Update 3/28 @ 5:20 p.m. PT: These hotfixes have been [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]implemented[/url] and should now be live in all regions. Please note that you may need to restart your game in order for them to go into effect.

------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.

• First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.

• Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.

Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!

Please note that these hotfixes have not yet been implemented. Once the hotfixes are live, they will be added and updated [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12032813274"]here[/url].

You don't know me and I don't know you. But I love you and your team who did this Q_Q
03/28/2014 06:34 PMPosted by Hurix
So you basically support the hivemind to MUST play on Torment and repeat the same mistakes "inferno" was? Good to see this game going back to hell again, right after expansion release. ;(

No, what they don't support is people with 1m dps and 7M toughness being forced to play normal cuz it was more rewarding. Normal is suppose to be for super casuals, not the elite.
03/28/2014 05:05 PMPosted by ladish
I really hope pushing further into torment will feel more rewarding than stagnating in lower difficulties since this is fundamentally the progression mechanism for this game.

Not sure how I feel about the gambling mechanic.

Yes I hope they did this quick fix right and scaled it properly or Torment I will become the new normal (not that anyone can farm T5-6 efficiently yet but give it a few more weeks..)

As for the gambling mechanic it NEEDED a fix. Players spent THOUSANDS of bloodshards without getting a leg. The chance was abysmal.
03/28/2014 06:15 PMPosted by Hordeorc
Congratulations...You just lowered the longevity of your game.

As long as BoA stays they did nothing but stop torment geared players from grinding normal.
This brings up a very simple quality of life issue.

What is said drop rate? Both before and after this fix?
Did you up the rate of ALL legs or certain ones?

As it is i find many duplicates some even 2-3 x same set/leg, with such a large pool of legs and sets, why is that?
Please... pleaseeeeeeeeee fix the drop rate for Reaper's Fear! :| It's obviously non-existent :|
So...... you need to work on that buff - 4 of us with 500 shards - not a single leg between us from K.