Hardcore Barbs?

Hardcore
I'm just wondering are hardcore barbs, any good in RoS? Because I've read in some forums that they have become the worst class in hardcore followed by monk, is any of this true?
bump
Naw, crusader is worse. I'm solo farming t1 adventure mode on my barb. Monk got some nerfs and some buffs, but overall it's about as useful as it was before (and it's clearly superior to crusader). Best characters for solo farming are doc and wizard now.
ive seen some good barbs. crusader is pretty underwhelming, it would be much better if the took off 5-10 seconds off all their cooldowns. monk is totally fine. ive always found monk complicated but its cause i overthink it. monk is one of the easiest classes because everything works, and the most common stats are great for them.

im sure sherwin will be back, more like sherwill amirite?
But where do Barbs rank in the grand scheme of things (overall group play, dps, ehp, survivability)? Would you say overall...

1. Wizard
2. WD
3. Barb
4. Monk
5. DH
6. Crusader
bump
Barbs will always be N1, no matter what the little cry babies over at General Discussion say about it.

All classes are very well balanced, except WD, which is a bit overpowered at the moment, but I'm ok with it.

Barb is great and ranks N1 on my list. Blizzard really nerfed it a lot on the fury generation side, but once you get full IK set you're good to go and crush anything on any difficulty :)
It's very dependent on the quality of your drops.

Great drops = great barb.

Wizard and witch doctor are amazing right now, though. Witch doctor especially.

Barbs can survive, and really do great on Master/T1. But past T1, there just doesn't exist the gear or the build to kill stuff fast and safely enough (not anymore) to make higher than that worth the time invested.

Wizards and WDs can get their damage to crazy levels, and if built well, have the means to survive bad pulls and efficiently clear those levels.
Barb is very gear dependant, but that statement about them being weak above T1 is without any grounds. I can take down T2 elite in under 10 seconds in my current gear set.

Once you get a 3 or 4 piece IK set, Barb becomes failry easy to play on higher T's.
03/28/2014 03:52 PMPosted by Hordeorc
But where do Barbs rank in the grand scheme of things (overall group play, dps, ehp, survivability)? Would you say overall...

1. Wizard
2. WD
3. Barb
4. Monk
5. DH
6. Crusader

This list is not true.......At all.
I just want to point out that any char can/will be good if you know how to play it.
Barb is very gear dependant, but that statement about them being weak above T1 is without any grounds..

The demon hunter is too. I was running my green horn for support in mp8.
earthquake on leap x3 if you got that legend looks mad. ik is sick. we got a lot of nerfs to fury management

ive got the charm helmet for barbs, pretty much turns elites n champs on each other for 15 secs cd 10 sec than jus recast it n watch them kill each other
You got Raekor set + IK, which can be both equipped at the same time and as well Earthquake set + Leap boots. Those are just insane and provide amazing DPS and survivability on any Torment.

1. Wizard
2. WD
3. Barb
4. Monk
5. DH
6. Crusader

Wolf Companion
Active: Your wolf howls, granting you and your allies within 60 yards 30% increased damage for 10 seconds.

I think you have DH a bit low on your list there. It's a 30 sec cd so it can be up more than a third of the time with cd reduction.
I have a blast on my HC Barb in Torment 1 adventure mode. I do pretty solid dps and with another barb or monk my toughness can get as high as 17 million. Fury generation is kinda sad at the moment, but once you have some healing you can actually stand in stuff to take damage and gain fury while your +healing keeps you alive.

1. Wizard
2. WD
3. Barb
4. Monk
5. DH
6. Crusader

quit being a wimp and just play lol. all classes are good in hardcore, and you will die (or gear so you cant die, and be stuck farming normal forever)
i think a ranking like this would change a lot with different gear lvls. some of the sets look very op and will totally change our playstyle. look at barb with earthquake set + multi-leap boots (dont know name) for example.
or monks, who can reach really high resistances with their "one with everything" passive and up to 150 single resists as secondary stat on each armor piece (on top of your All Resist). this gives them high potential but requires much more luck/farming to get BIS affixes.
Check my barb.

We still are amazing for group play. Fire damage for life.
On the topic of monks, I farm t1 with 2x WD and 1 Wiz all above 900k, my monks stats are 12mil toughness and over 700k in group play. Sure I don't solo anything fast but as far as group play im awesome!