[DH Info] + CA, STRY, LTNG Build + BiS List.

Demon Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
Natalya's boots are FAR from BiS, just saying.
04/01/2014 02:15 AMPosted by django

I consider this BiS if you want the Nat 3Set/Ring combo.

Please, at least post why these are not BiS. What do you consider BiS? There are many boots and people can figure out what is best for their current build/gear.
Be helpful with your posts!(Posts was actually pretty helpful in it's way, look below.)

Also updated thread to include Marauder's Treads as another BiS option depending on route.
Great thread overall, and I'm just critiquing not trying to be rude, but it looks REALLY ugly and makes it hard to read.

I would use less random underlines and bold text, utilize italics and a subsections for important/random information and other options. I wouldn't keep using " -- " for indenting either, with all the underlines it looks very jumpy and doesn't really work for indenting. Also instead of providing descriptions right be side titles, start the description below it.

just my thoughts, but again good guide overall (>^.^)>
I think it's nice that you're taking the time to write all this out but I think a whole guide thread for what is already the most popular and emergent playstyle is a bit over the top. This isn't Newton discovering calculus or something.

You just put on enough reduction gear to make CA spammable, and do whatever you want in your other slots, it's as simple as that.
04/01/2014 02:30 AMPosted by Skyline
04/01/2014 02:15 AMPosted by django

I consider this BiS if you want the Nat 3Set/Ring combo.

Please, at least post why these are not BiS. What do you consider BiS? There are many boots and people can figure out what is best for their current build/gear.
Be helpful with your posts!(Posts was actually pretty helpful in it's way, look below.)

Also updated thread to include Marauder's Treads as another BiS option depending on route.

They can't be BiS because they always roll both movement speed and armor, and you can reroll only one.
04/01/2014 03:15 AMPosted by Myon
I think it's nice that you're taking the time to write all this out but I think a whole guide thread for what is already the most popular and emergent playstyle is a bit over the top. This isn't Newton discovering calculus or something.

You just put on enough reduction gear to make CA spammable, and do whatever you want in your other slots, it's as simple as that.

Appreciate it, Im just writing the thread to be a "go-to" thread for those looking to spam CA with a simple cookie cutter build
04/01/2014 03:08 AMPosted by TastySouP
Great thread overall, and I'm just critiquing not trying to be rude, but it looks REALLY ugly and makes it hard to read.

I would use less random underlines and bold text, utilize italics and a subsections for important/random information and other options. I wouldn't keep using " -- " for indenting either, with all the underlines it looks very jumpy and doesn't really work for indenting. Also instead of providing descriptions right be side titles, start the description below it.

just my thoughts, but again good guide overall (>^.^)>

yupp better layout comes in time, i just wanted to get information in right away.
04/01/2014 03:30 AMPosted by django
They can't be BiS because they always roll both movement speed and armor, and you can reroll only one.

noted: many improvements to be made in the thread, thank you for the feedback!
entire thread redone, this is mainly a to-go reference guide for those that want a cookie cutter CA spam build.
Gloves of worship is definitely better than mage fist unless it gets fixed.
With your permission I'd like to add the build information here into the sticky I have already created. I will credit you, of course, but i will tell you that it is not generally an easy thing to get stickies made in these forums. It took literally the entire player community to get DH Forum stickies for the ones we have now, which they obviously haven't changed in a YEAR. Some of us older players may remember the... battle.
04/01/2014 04:59 AMPosted by Oscar
With your permission I'd like to add the build information here into the sticky I have already created. I will credit you, of course, but i will tell you that it is not generally an easy thing to get stickies made in these forums. It took literally the entire player community to get DH Forum stickies for the ones we have now, which they obviously haven't changed in a YEAR. Some of us older players may remember the... battle.

Suree, why not, as long as information gets to the players that need them. You have my permission.
Done
Thanks OP for this thread, it's exactly what I've been looking for as a player that has come back after stopping when MP first came out.

@Myon, this thread is very necessary as a reference point. I'm enjoying experimenting with the gear drops I've had so far... but this has really helped me clear up a few things up for me about gearing, and gives me a clearer goal to work towards for the moment.

And I'm also glad to see Oscar back in here... seems like so long ago I was reading your builds and gear guides!
Thanks for this! Just coming back to Diablo after a very long hiatus and this'll help get me back on my feet! Now if I could only get some of these BiS to drop. . .
Pants - Mr. Yan's

Stutter step ftw
100% maximum fire dmg with "Pride Fall -Helm"
120% max. fire dmg with "Andariel"
I'd like to throw the Aughild's 3 set into the mix here, paired with a ring of royal grandeur.

Craft the pauldrons

Dex
Resource Reduction
Vit/AR/%Life/Armor

Craft the bracers

20% Fire Damage
Dex
CC
Vit/AR/Armor

2set gives 7% damage reduction from ranged and melee

But with the ring of royal grandeur the 3set then gives you 15% damage reduction from elites and 15% damage bonus to elites.
andariel visage should not be better? than a yellow? 20% fire dmg
Very good information. Think I'm going to email it to myself for future reference.

Funny in that ~25 paragon levels I haven't gotten a single piece of gear from the BiS list. Oh, wait, I take that back, I have a ring of royal grandeur that rolled awful and my ring is so much better. Maybe you can count my level 60 Magefist and Cindercoat... At least I still have a lot to shoot for.

Oh well, my gear is still pretty decent.

I've always thought slower weapons were better for a CA build and that 2H XBows would be better due to being harder hitting and slower speed. What about a 2H for BiS?