[Affix Bug] "+%Damage" and "+(X-Y)<element>"

Bug Report
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 Next
Well, seeing you guys are talking about elemental damage, I have something to ask: As you can see in my character profile page, I'm using a fire dmg xbow with 2344 dps dmg; critting 15- 21m in cluster arrow. A few days ago, I got an 1h xbow with 2400+ dps with black dmg but my crits were lower, like 10-15m. Is it right ? Does the elemental damage influentiate on Skill Damage?
04/25/2014 11:26 AMPosted by Zoura
Well, seeing you guys are talking about elemental damage, I have something to ask: As you can see in my character profile page, I'm using a fire dmg xbow with 2344 dps dmg; critting 15- 21m in cluster arrow. A few days ago, I got an 1h xbow with 2400+ dps with black dmg but my crits were lower, like 10-15m. Is it right ? Does the elemental damage influentiate on Skill Damage?

The value you see is not bugged since dps is not the actual damage but damage of the weapon multiply by attack speed of the weapon. Xbow has 1.10 attack speed which is much slower but you can see it has much higher damage which result in lower dps while your hand xbow has 1.60 attack speed base with a lot lower actual damage can has higher dps.
Thank you WhiteLight
Should I wait with enchanting my kridershot or will it be a 100% guarantee that this fix will be retroactive aswell?
It's unlikely you'll ever get a '100% guarantee' statement from Blizzard, so you'll just have to go off Tsarnis's last post and decide for yourself.

Then again, even if something crops up and it turns out applying it retroactively is impossible, there's no guarantee either that holding off on enchanting your Kridershot will keep it safe. If it only applies to things found after the patch then the fate of your weapon is already decided.
What do those who have already changed affixes? I had 2 affix - dmg and attack speed, I kept that up attack speed. Will they compensate this ?
If it is retroactive your are f*ck up. If is not you made the right desicion.
They fix a bug that affet a million of players, not a single decision you made to get around of this bug temporarily
Please hurry and fix thissss :D
Stupid question: I foolishly re-enchanted my weapon dmg on my Danetta's set to change it to fire damage instead of "white/physical" damage on my DH.

I have a bunch of +fire % gear like Cindercoat and Magefist. That's the reason I changed it thinking it'd modify this base damage in addition to using a Fire Rune with my Bolas.

I screwed the pooch didn't I, and wasted my enchants? Why offer it as a stat/re-enchant option when it's broken/doesn't affect anything? Will this hotfix redeem my mistake and up my weapon DPS?
Yup, whether your weapon is fire damage or physical damage has no relation at all to the fact that you may be using fire skills or wearing gear that increases the damage of fire skills, those enchants did nothing. I don't think the elemental type of a weapon makes a difference for anyone right now apart from Wizards and their Elemental Exposure passive.

But, if the hotfix is retroactive and the fire damage range you have now is higher than the physical damage range you used to have, then I guess you will see a net DPS increase on the weapon.
Yeah, it's a waste of an enchant when I could have tried to up attack speed or critical hit damage %. I'm not sure what the original physical damage was originally...but let's say the hotfix DOES apply retroactively I'm not sure how it'd increase my damage.
Now the elemental damage is worse then black dmg because %dmg doesn't apply on it, but you can build a fire demon hunter and have frost damage, poison one or even arcane it doesn't change anything
So I was rerolling and rerolling and rerolling for a +% dmg multiplier on my recently-acquired TF...

Success! 9%... Min dmg went from... ~1600 to ~1641...?!

HA Haaaaa.... :/
really hoping this gets applied today
Another problem is the type of elemental damage on class specific weapons. For example, Bul kathos weapon is Barbarian specific, thus it makes no sense to have the weapon roll as Holy Dmg when Barbarian does not deal holy dmg in any of his primary skills.
Is this fixed?
I cant find any Patch Notes
04/30/2014 07:44 AMPosted by YellowAnt
Is this fixed?
I cant find any Patch Notes

Coming Soon ™
Can someone please explain why +x-y (elemental), is better than "just" +x-y? I have a weapon I use right now which has +10% dmg, and which has a physical +range (+1037-1290), no elemental. What does that mean now. Should I reroll it to any kind of elemental, like +1037-1290 fire/cold/whatever, and when the fix comes out the weapon will have much more dps than it has already? Or does it say elemental rolls have way lower dps right now, than what my weapon already have?
04/30/2014 10:21 PMPosted by mkdr
Can someone please explain why +x-y (elemental), is better than "just" +x-y? I have a weapon I use right now which has +10% dmg, and which has a physical +range (+1037-1290), no elemental. What does that mean now. Should I reroll it to any kind of elemental, like +1037-1290 fire/cold/whatever, and when the fix comes out the weapon will have much more dps than it has already? Or does it say elemental rolls have way lower dps right now, than what my weapon already have?

I.E:
+1037-1290 fire damage
+ 8% damage

Currently is buggy and the +8% damage only applies to weapons with +1037-1290 DAMAGE, not elemental. The fix will make this 8% apply to fire/cold/poison/holy/whatever damage.