[Affix Bug] "+%Damage" and "+(X-Y)<element>"

Bug Report
Prev 1 11 12 13 Next
I'm really hoping this ends up being retroactive. I have a Wildwood sword with the following stats:

Lvl 70
2220 DPS
1.4 attack speed
1152-1404 poison damage
10% enhanced damage
750 Dex
2469 LPH

Reversing the formula earlier in this thread, this weapon has 1585.71 damage *per hit* (divide by attack speed). After removing the poison damage (average of 1278 per hit), the weapon has about 307.714 physical damage per hit. Remove the 10% enhanced damage, and the weapon would have 279.74 damage per hit (391.63 DPS, which lines up exactly with a rare lvl 70 Sovereign Tsunami Blade (base 392 DPS).

Currently, I can conclude that I would end up with a weapon with 2180 DPS if I reroll the 10% damage to a socket (right now). Once patch 2.0.5 comes out (apply the % enhanced damage after elemental damage), the weapon DPS would change to 2398.9. That is a change worth waiting for! It seems clear that I should re-roll the LPH to a socket instead, but I'm wanting to be cautious and wait for patch 2.0.5 to make sure this fix really is retroactive. Druin (or others who can advise), is that what you would do?

thanks
I also have a problem Just farmed over 200 act 1 bounties for the "Pauldrons of the Skeleton King"

Only to find out that it did not roll all resist but I cant even Reroll all resist on it, that being said my friend has the same item and he can change as he likes while I dont even find All resist on any of my list..... It is a Lv 70 item so dont use any excuse like ohhh maybe is because u got a low lv drop... Please fix this.

Im pretty sure there are others with the same problem!!

BLUE???
Just a question, is the +%damage affix working with Holy damage weapons or only black? I've seen some Crafted condemnation weapons that seens to be gaiting the %damage affix, I can't say for sure because I haven't tested yet, just after looking some profiles.
Just like to throw in my 2c of encouragement to have this fixed. I confused the fix to the other ele dam bug with this one, re-rolled my manticore to +7% damage and got +2.7%. This was... disheartening and confusing.

Thanks devs, we do appreciate it.
05/02/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Kurase
I also have a problem Just farmed over 200 act 1 bounties for the "Pauldrons of the Skeleton King"

Only to find out that it did not roll all resist but I cant even Reroll all resist on it, that being said my friend has the same item and he can change as he likes while I dont even find All resist on any of my list..... It is a Lv 70 item so dont use any excuse like ohhh maybe is because u got a low lv drop... Please fix this.

BLUE???

You pauldrons might have a single resist in your secondary affix so you can't roll all resist on it.
They said they're going to fix this.

Leave it alone already people
I just want to ask about the math formula that Blizzard uses to cal dps.
Last week, I found a 1hand xbow, which is 2551 dps with poison. I rerolled to get9% increase dps,so should it be (2551*0.09)+2551 = 2780? or should lower than that?
05/05/2014 09:14 AMPosted by PUMAELITE
I just want to ask about the math formula that Blizzard uses to cal dps.
Last week, I found a 1hand xbow, which is 2551 dps with poison. I rerolled to get9% increase dps,so should it be (2551*0.09)+2551 = 2780? or should lower than that?

That is exactly the bug being discussed.
+X% damage doesnt apply to elemental damage.

Anyway, the +% is already applied to the DPS value.

((max damage + min damage) / 2) * 1.09 * atack speed
05/02/2014 08:03 AMPosted by Kurase

BLUE???

Wrong thread for this, has nothing to do with the topic.

Also, not a bug. What previous poster said.
05/01/2014 01:01 PMPosted by Argonath
I'm really hoping this ends up being retroactive. I have a Wildwood sword with the following stats:

Lvl 70
2220 DPS
1.4 attack speed
1152-1404 poison damage
10% enhanced damage
750 Dex
2469 LPH

Reversing the formula earlier in this thread, this weapon has 1585.71 damage *per hit* (divide by attack speed). After removing the poison damage (average of 1278 per hit), the weapon has about 307.714 physical damage per hit. Remove the 10% enhanced damage, and the weapon would have 279.74 damage per hit (391.63 DPS, which lines up exactly with a rare lvl 70 Sovereign Tsunami Blade (base 392 DPS).

Currently, I can conclude that I would end up with a weapon with 2180 DPS if I reroll the 10% damage to a socket (right now). Once patch 2.0.5 comes out (apply the % enhanced damage after elemental damage), the weapon DPS would change to 2398.9. That is a change worth waiting for! It seems clear that I should re-roll the LPH to a socket instead, but I'm wanting to be cautious and wait for patch 2.0.5 to make sure this fix really is retroactive. Druin (or others who can advise), is that what you would do?

thanks

I agree with you, you are right with the DPS weapon and it has been confirmed here that will be retroactive but not when:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12329613352?page=9#164
I talked to someone about this damage issue and he was saying that it isn't just elemental damage, but any damage type that suffers from this bug. It seemed to work out that way when I did the math.

I've seen the math he was using in another thread too. He said you take the maximum-minimum/2 add the result to the minimum and than multiply that by the percent damage and than by the attack speed.

1405-2085 Damage
1.40 Attacks
7% Damage

If you do all the math and leave out the damage percent you get 2443 which is the damage it says. If you put in the 7% damage its 2614...doesn't appear its adding in the % damage even with "black damage".

I guess theres something I might not understand or the calculations he was using are wrong...but it seems right.

You do come up with 2443 the damage the weapon I have lists if you leave out the % damage. If you put in that damage it should be 2614 not 2443.
1405-2085 already take the 7% damage into account, if you wanna do the calculation from scratch you have to take the damage range bonus + the original damage range for your weapon add the % and the attack speed ;)
I see. Well as long as they fix it whatever....Wish that patch would come out already sheesh.
@Tiber,
After patch, your wand should be 1617.55 per hit and 2264.57 DPS
I've read several threads and I'm still not sure I get it.
Someone should explain it in an infographic...

So, if I have:
1000 DPS "Black" weapon with +10% dmg = 1100
1000 DPS Lightning weapon with +10% dmg = 1000 (bug)
1000 DPS "Black" weapon with +10% lightning dmg = 1000 (bug)
1000 DPS Lightning weapon with +10% lightning dmg = 1100.
Right?