transmog

General Discussion
04/01/2014 11:51 AMPosted by John
can someone tell me where/level to get that white crusader shield with the black cross in the center of it? i'm searching my heart out on forums and cant seem to find it. I do know its from lvls 25+

The Transmog name of it is called "Enduring Guardian"
04/01/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Gravier
Yesterday i was lucky enough to stumble upon two pieces of the Marauder set, and they look absolutely stunning. But i didn't get the transmog for both of them, is this a bug?

It's not technically a bug, but there are some items (like class-specific set items) that don't exist as Transmogrify options. Some of those items can't be Transmogrified back into their original state once they've been altered, either. We're aware that this is causing issues for some players, and we'll be looking at solutions. We'll give everyone an update when we're able to, and thanks for letting us know!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think I know the Transmogrification option that you're talking about, and if it's the right one then you get it by simply training up the Mystic. Rescue the Mystic in Act V, and then train her up the same way you train the other Artisans. She should automatically learn it when she reaches the appropriate level. I hope this helps, and that you get the shield look you're after!

I have trained her to the fullest. but I don't have the option to transmog that specific shield. /cry

Make sure you're trying to mog a crusader shield, if you have a normal shield you don't see that cross one. I made that mistake as well, thinking WTF I lost half my shield mogs.

edit: spelling dur hur.
I have seen the same problem, two pieces of the maruders set are now forever transmogrified to be other, lesser, forms of gear
04/01/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Grimiku
It's not technically a bug, but there are some items (like class-specific set items) that don't exist as Transmogrify options. Some of those items can't be Transmogrified back into their original state once they've been altered, either.

Does it gonna stay this way ? Item designs not being avalaible for transmog is one thing, but there should be at least some warning window poping up saying once item will be changed there is no going back to its original look. Kinda sad I f@cked up my marauder boots just out of curiousity
bump they just need a reset transmog button
Agreed!! I want my Firebird's Eye back to normal... =(
04/01/2014 12:03 PMPosted by Imperius
Why no fire on my firewalker boots transmog? I want my 50K back.

Because that effect comes from the legendary effect of the boots, not the design of the boots.

A reset button for transmog would be nice for people who did not notice that the new sets did not unlock their designs for tranmoging.
Can anyone please answer this question. I have marauders treads ( Level 70 Demon Hunter set item. ) i have them currently transmogrified to Rakkishads treads because i didnt have some of the set so it looked funny on my current Xmog. So i changed the look on the look on them. Now that i have more of the set i wanna reverse the xmog to the original look of the boots but it wont let me there is no Marauders treads to pick for the original look. Anyone know why?
just out of curiosity why do transmog patterns need to be not allowed for sets, they are purely cosmetic so even if i was to say use a demon hunter cloak on a mage it may look amazing and i might love it but its just a purely cosmetic change so i dont see why we cant be allowed to transmog to sets we gain no advantage out of it just makes us as players like the way our character looks leading to more fun playing the game

or at the very least allow the class specific sets to be transmogable for that class atleast like i love the raiment of a thousand storms shoulders for my monk but they are not as good as the 1's im currently using i would love to be able to transmog then into the thousands storms as a monk not as any other class why is this also not possible?
I was hoping the patch would have fixed this. =( I'd rally like to xmog my Marauder set

It's not technically a bug, but there are some items (like class-specific set items) that don't exist as Transmogrify options. Some of those items can't be Transmogrified back into their original state once they've been altered, either. We're aware that this is causing issues for some players, and we'll be looking at solutions. We'll give everyone an update when we're able to, and thanks for letting us know!

As someone who just found a couple pieces of the Crusader set, I would really like to be able to restore my items back to their original look. At the very least there should be some warning that the change is going to be permanent! I wouldn't have changed them in the first place had I known.
I can totally agree with if its your "class-specific", you should be able to see the tmog if you've found it. A monk should be able to see Eight-Demon Boots as an option, while any other class wouldn't, for example. If the item is on the class' droppable loot list, it should be an option in the tmog list once found, with some restrictions on cross-tmog'ing weapon types.
04/01/2014 12:30 PMPosted by Gravier
Yesterday i was lucky enough to stumble upon two pieces of the Marauder set, and they look absolutely stunning. But i didn't get the transmog for both of them, is this a bug?

So why couldn't there have been a pop-up explaining that these items couldn't be reverted to their original state when we transmogged them? If god forbid I somehow find the rest of the Marauder's set am I forced to look like a clown unless I find another copy of the gloves/helm? What if some of the pieces are terrible and I need to use better items in those slots? Why are we forced to either wear the full set to get a complete look with these sets only? I can (and do) transmog my DH into the IK set. My wiz or barb can use the Nat's helm. The purpose of transmog was to allow us to wear what we want, or at least look like it.

This limit on mogging specific sets is unfair and completely arbitrary. We are forced to wear the whole set to get a complete look when it is likely to not be optimal to do so in a game where I can make a level 10 in full blues look like an uber-geared lvl 70 wielding two of the same otherwise 'unique' weapon.

Treat this like the bug it is and fix it.
I really hope this is fixed soon i mog a set item just to see if that would help and now i just want it back the way it was
Maybe make it so All-Soap's Miraculous Dye Remover also removes transmogs?
if you transmog a set item,only for this you must be can reset it at original look!
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I think I know the Transmogrification option that you're talking about, and if it's the right one then you get it by simply training up the Mystic. Rescue the Mystic in Act V, and then train her up the same way you train the other Artisans. She should automatically learn it when she reaches the appropriate level. I hope this helps, and that you get the shield look you're after!

I have trained her to the fullest. but I don't have the option to transmog that specific shield. /cry

Not every shield can mog into that one you're talking about. The one you want is called "Enduring Guardian". Bulwarks can mog into it, but there's other shields that cannot.