My crusader is working out for me

Crusader
I've been playing Crusader and it's actually working fine for me. Not saying there aren't problems, but I don't see this class as a huge issue.

I played monk and barb at release of D3 for a year or so, and it was bad. I mean, really bad. Crusader is a million times better.

Here is my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bcXQfR!TaeS!bYabbY

Here is my gear: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Suitata-1547/hero/43510750

I am abusing a couple things here. The Golden Flense basically turns sweeping attack into a wrath generator, which means I don't need much healing aside from life per wrath spent (wrathful with + healing orb stats most of what I have and all I need at this point). Also, thorns damage on gear is really good with reflective skin, which you probably already know. Especially for orbiter affix groups. Pop reflect and stand in the lightning to kill the mob in a few seconds.

With Wrathful passive, I can get a nice bonus from + health orbs on gear, and with Reflect I can get huge bonuses from thorns on gear. Right now I have too much crit chance and not enough crit damage, but enchanting amulets is expensive.
Heavenly Strength with a 1 Hander?
Heavenly Strength with a 1 Hander?

Its a 2H, read the text below the name. Armory is !@#$ed.
Yea I love the golden flense, I was using one for a long time until I gave it up for 20% more white damage, but I'm always waiting for that perfect roll to come around.

I agree that crusader is infinitely better than monk and barb were at release.

We can actually farm in a place that gives end-game gear. May not be the fastest but that was pretty obvious to me just looking at the name of the class. Blizz gave us a pretty decent support class which I'm really liking but everyone seems to just want another wizard.
Mine's working too.

I just kinda wish our skills weren't so much 200% this 45% aoe that. kinda low.

Cooldowns are good, and make me valuable to my group of friends, but it does feel pretty pidgeonholey, like I don't get to mess around with a lot of different skills because one combo is so spectacularly strong.
Im still farming T1, but ive had my sword for the longest and frankly it carries me in the DPS department. Currently im up to 18 mill toughness, and today I just found some boots to walk through creatures.

If I could generate more wrath, id be in great shape, my cool downs are pretty reasonable now with the diamond helmate and some skills to ward quicker spamming from heaven's fury as a wrath spender.
04/01/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Suitata
I've been playing Crusader and it's actually working fine for me. Not saying there aren't problems, but I don't see this class as a huge issue.

I played monk and barb at release of D3 for a year or so, and it was bad. I mean, really bad. Crusader is a million times better.

Here is my build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/crusader#bcXQfR!TaeS!bYabbY

I am abusing a couple things here. The Golden Flense basically turns sweeping attack into a wrath generator, which means I don't need much healing aside from life per wrath spent (wrathful with + healing orb stats most of what I have and all I need at this point). Also, thorns damage on gear is really good with reflective skin, which you probably already know. Especially for orbiter affix groups. Pop reflect and stand in the lightning to kill the mob in a few seconds.

With Wrathful passive, I can get a nice bonus from + health orbs on gear, and with Reflect I can get huge bonuses from thorns on gear. Right now I have too much crit chance and not enough crit damage, but enchanting amulets is expensive.

You single target kill times is pretty slow, isn't it?

This is the issue I am currently seeing with the Crusader. You can do decent AOE, decent single target or weak both.

With the other classes you can do great single target, great AOE or good both.

Not saying Crusaders are a bad class, but in comparison to the other classes, there is no comparison. Take a similarly geared other class and put them into the same situation as the Crusader and the other class will come out on top.
04/01/2014 10:44 AMPosted by MutantMonkey
Take a similarly geared other class and put them into the same situation as the Crusader and the other class will come out on top.

Put them TOGETHER in the same situation, and the other class will come out WAY on top, but legendaries will drop for both of you :D
04/01/2014 10:44 AMPosted by MutantMonkey
04/01/2014 09:52 AMPosted by Suitata

You single target kill times is pretty slow, isn't it?

This is the issue I am currently seeing with the Crusader. You can do decent AOE, decent single target or weak both.

With the other classes you can do great single target, great AOE or good both.

Not saying Crusaders are a bad class, but in comparison to the other classes, there is no comparison. Take a similarly geared other class and put them into the same situation as the Crusader and the other class will come out on top.

I don'r really care about what the other classes can do to be honest. If I can farm fast enough for myself to still have fun that's all that matters. My single target is slow, but I dont fight single target. When there are 3 or less enemies left in a fight i pull them over to another pack. And with reflect the way it is even a couple elite mobs just kill themselves with alot of the affixes.
People love comparing a brand new class, that we have to farm gear for and learn builds, to classes that have been around for over a year and have cookie cutter builds like frozen orb spam for example. Some of the denizens of this forum need to stop complaining and go play the game to figure out builds and get gear. And for pete's sake, they need to stop whining that people who do that are only doing well because of it. No kidding, we play and so we earn our ability to do higher torment. I have good gear because I earned it. Try it out...

To the OP, good job man. Keep going and it'll get easier.
I'm loving my Sader. Sure, I wish there were a few more viable builds, but I am honestly having more fun with this class than any other class I've played in this game. People need to give the balancing some time and a few patches - our options are limited but we still perform just fine alongside everyone else. More importantly, standing in the middle of everything and blocking all the bad is astronomically fun.
Use the close range attacks like sweep attack. I am using sweep attack and criting for 10m+ every hit.
04/01/2014 10:59 AMPosted by Suitata

I don'r really care about what the other classes can do to be honest. If I can farm fast enough for myself to still have fun that's all that matters. My single target is slow, but I dont fight single target. When there are 3 or less enemies left in a fight i pull them over to another pack. And with reflect the way it is even a couple elite mobs just kill themselves with alot of the affixes.

Thank you for confirming the weakness I suspected.

04/01/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Noctem
People love comparing a brand new class, that we have to farm gear for and learn builds, to classes that have been around for over a year and have cookie cutter builds like frozen orb spam for example. Some of the denizens of this forum need to stop complaining and go play the game to figure out builds and get gear. And for pete's sake, they need to stop whining that people who do that are only doing well because of it. No kidding, we play and so we earn our ability to do higher torment. I have good gear because I earned it. Try it out...

We compare to the other classes because for many of us, those are the classes we are also playing or playing with in COOP, and while some people have no problem being the weakest link in a group or are not concerned about comparable efficiency, many players are. To expect there to be no comparisons drawn is to be more than a bit naive.
Having such narrow options for gearing is boring and annoying. I missed the good old smash-n-grab days of d2 zealot, not the slow as hell crusader
04/01/2014 11:28 AMPosted by MutantMonkey
04/01/2014 10:59 AMPosted by Suitata

We compare to the other classes because for many of us, those are the classes we are also playing or playing with in COOP, and while some people have no problem being the weakest link in a group or are not concerned about comparable efficiency, many players are. To expect there to be no comparisons drawn is to be more than a bit naive.

You don't even have a level 70 Crusader? You don't have a single level 70 character.. How can you prove that the Crusader is weak in comparison to other classes when you haven't even explored the classes you're comparing it to? The gear you have is also lackluster but that's because you're not level 70 yet, it's low 60's gear.. Maybe it's because your build is off? Using Laws of Hope for example instead of the ability to give everyone + attack speed and +80% crit chance.

I suggest you play the game, level up to 70, get some gear, rework your build to see what works based on the items you find (like the guaranteed legendary drops from Malthael) and go from there. Stop complaining please.
04/01/2014 11:19 AMPosted by Mog
our options are limited but we still perform just fine alongside everyone else.

LMFAO if i can even be "along side them" i find myself running along looting behind them more than alongside them HAHAHAHAH 10% OP
04/01/2014 11:38 AMPosted by Noctem
04/01/2014 11:28 AMPosted by MutantMonkey

You don't even have a level 70 Crusader? You don't have a single level 70 character.. How can you prove that the Crusader is weak in comparison to other classes when you haven't even explored the classes you're comparing it to? The gear you have is also lackluster but that's because you're not level 70 yet, it's low 60's gear.. Maybe it's because your build is off? Using Laws of Hope for example instead of the ability to give everyone + attack speed and +80% crit chance.

I suggest you play the game, level up to 70, get some gear, rework your build to see what works based on the items you find (like the guaranteed legendary drops from Malthael) and go from there. Stop complaining please.

I can compare characters based on their relative levels. Spotting the weaknesses is pretty easy when you have all the relevant abilities available to you... unless you are telling me that the the top tier rune for Bombardment is somehow the game changer that makes the Crusader the amazing winner it currently isn't, in which case I conceed to your point, otherwise try to stay on point here and look for reasons to distract from the conversation.

It doesn't take rocket science to look at a primary wrath spender that does 200% - 250% damage with about 0 CC and realize it needs buffs.

I just want to know who got payed to make the decision to set iron maiden from 123k damage down to 6k damage, that is 20x weaker. The skill was badly designed to begin with but who's brililant idea was that?

Think about that for a moment....... someone got payed for that.
It doesn't take rocket science to look at a wrath spender that does 200% - 250% damage with about 0 CC and realize it needs buffs.

that's very true, our spenders arent worth spending on. i find myself spamming left click instead when i deal just roughly the same with slash, I do have to say the shield skills are nice but needs work. D2 had that on the ball making blessed shield a buff to increase other shield damage.

the days of hammerdins are over, they're worthless in higher ends. stop using it for anything other than nostalgia.

as i've said before in another post. our biggest issue is the way our skill works we're back at d3 vanilla where there's no other valuable build out of 24 skill, 120 runes, and 18 passives 2 builds work the rest are best lit up and tossed. WE ARE NOT DYNAMIC.

some can argue oh i can outlast outtank blah blah so and so such and such. please, do tell see how much the community cares. "crusaders are fine" they say. again 2 workable builds vs other classes many workable builds. think before you speak derpmongrels.

unlike you i dont like to walk along side the other crusader"also way in the back of the rest" flaunting the same "build" because its the only one that works but it rather be a "slight less effective but fun" build. comprende halfminds?