Wow I just played Path of Exile for a week before RoS

Games & Technology
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Apart from desync, PoE is a fantastic game for what it is.
I like POE and D3, they both have their attractions.

D3 - Can change your build and use other skills easily where in POE if you want to try a different skill you have to grind up some experience to even just give it a try.

D3 - Has difficulty setting for those of us that don't like to roll play the badass video gamer thing. POE difficulty is set by GGG.

POE - has is a very good spreadsheet game where you can screw up your character if you are not careful. D3 is very forgiving of mistakes, the worst thing you can do is salvage some gear you might need later.

D3 - is much better to run on low end computers, POE is not optimized so some end up with zone times of a couple of minutes.

Play both.
POE was much better before their current version went live when GGG messed up the passive tree yet again. Who wants to relearn the nuances of traversing a 1500 node skill tree every 4 months? Even though I'm no fan of D3'S respec between fights system, I prefer it to the constant theory crafting that's a necessary part of the game when playing end game builds in POE.

There's nothing worse than having to figure out where to spend 110 skill points to make a perfectly good character work again after a patch goes live and the devs reset everybody's skill trees in the name of game "balance."

So after spending more to support POE's "free" game than I've spent to buy D3 and RoS, I'm back playing D3 again. Who knows... Maybe Chris and Jay Wilson are the same person. Or they're closely related at the very least.
I find POE to be fun, but yeah, the skill tree is intimidating as hell.
I got so bored with PoE I never finished and barely started act 3.

But, I do split a lot of my time between Marvel Heroes and D3. I like them both for different reasons, and I don't think there's anything wrong with playing more than one game of the same genre.
04/03/2014 04:33 AMPosted by PonyKiller
go play Final Fantasy 14 Realm Reborn.

Lol, it only took them 2 years after a failed launch of a crap game to get that right, so pretty bad example.
Lol, POE has died a horrible death the last few months, and its a known fact over there, they delete any negative post on the forum, or anything related to numbers dwindling.

You think D3 is a grind, PoE is worse, played it for a good time, some good things about it, but mostly annoying things that GGG do not fix or listen to the public at all.

Like the item wall at around lvl 35-40, items not dropping, but having to trade orbs to get anywhere.

Legs in PoE, you can play a whole day and not see one legendary drop.

PoE is crap, you are just trolling and trying to get numbers back over there, but fact is, crap is crap, and people have said many times over at PoE, to fix the item issue, but they never listen.

PoE will always have its devout fan base though, even many of those fans have quit as well, but there will always be a small group that will play it just because.
Never tried PoE but saw some gameplay footage and it just looked sooooo dated and clunky I don't think I could play that game for more than a couple hours. Oh well, bye.
04/03/2014 06:12 AMPosted by Palerider
I got so bored with PoE I never finished and barely started act 3.

But, I do split a lot of my time between Marvel Heroes and D3. I like them both for different reasons, and I don't think there's anything wrong with playing more than one game of the same genre.

You shouldn't talk about POE if you didn't have the chops to make it through the game. That's the biggest reason most people talk the game down. It's not that the game is so bad.. it's that it's too hard for the contemporary gamer.

You should have gone through to cruel at least. It would have made you grateful for the gentle difficulty increase Blizzard throws at you from one level to the next. New age gamers... Bah!
04/03/2014 05:21 AMPosted by Duffless
04/03/2014 05:11 AMPosted by voodoowater
... There kinda is But F(u) ck the true diablo fans lets make the WoW fans happy..........

Oh yeah? Go on. What did WoW fans to do mess up your D3?

I wouldn't say the WoW fans messed up D3, but the devs took too many ideas from WoW and put them in Diablo:

Res Timer
Dull Gear Affixes (It's just like of the Monkey or of the Wolf etc..)
Beyond horrible RNG to force you to keep playing over and over
Adventure Modes are an awful lot like scenarios
Gear takes damage and breaks
Skills that mimic WoW's system
Runes (Glyphs)
04/03/2014 06:09 AMPosted by Ashleigh
I find POE to be fun, but yeah, the skill tree is intimidating as hell.

Casuals prefer the simplicity that D3 offers.
I played a good dose of PoE when it first was open to hop into. And at first I thought it was great, after awhile I realized how generic and bland the game was.

And that sphere grid, goodlord.

Next to D3 however, id place Grim Dawn...I paid for that early access and love it, but I love D3 a lot more atm.
I loved PoE...then I tried crafting.

Wait till you try making your gear in PoE, you thought vanilla D3 gear was bad...just wait...have fun.
04/03/2014 05:08 AMPosted by shipit
POE with D3's fluid combat (no desync!!) would be the perfect game

yeah it scares me what GGG would accomplish with infinite money like Blizzard has. A game where the Devs care more about making something people like is so much better than a bunch of greedy corporate slimeballs who could care less if we enjoy the game.

04/03/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Hlidskjalf
I loved PoE...then I tried crafting.

Wait till you try making your gear in PoE, you thought vanilla D3 gear was bad...just wait...have fun.

thats the way its supposed to be. You arent supposed to craft 15-20 items in a row like people did with the old Archon level 60 stuff. You are supposed to spend 100s or even 1000s of currency items on that one item trying to make it the best in the game.
Grim Dawn > D3 > Marvel Heroes > PoE > Torchlight

Period.
POE is a game only a blind person could love.

That !@#$s ugly as sin. straight up N64 graphics.
D2 is cheap and available feel free to go play it, and we'll see you back in D3 in a week. PoE's graphics are beyond awful, it looks like it was made to play on a 386 go have fun playing a game that looks like it was made in 1986.
04/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by chasa619

If graphics are #1 then why did beautiful games like Aion or Tera do so badly compared to WoW with its cartoony graphics? Oh wait maybe its because people only care about game play and could give a rat's !@# about how it looks.
04/03/2014 10:07 AMPosted by chasa619

You're being far too generous.