Wow I just played Path of Exile for a week before RoS

Games & Technology
Prev 1 3 4 5
lol another poe vs d3 thread.

D3 players stay in your d3,

poe players go play your poe. Both crowds are happy each community stays the !@#$ away from one another. Done.
if poe cost 80$ to play (d3+ros), it would of lost 75% of its players... because it seems throughout this thread that the only real perk to poe is how its free.

the graphics suck, the gameplay sucks, the animations suck, the story sucks, the drop rate sucks, d2/d3 and poe all complained about auction house... but all poe does is trade.

quite the hypocrisy.... oooo but character customization is hardcore.

there's a difference between absurd unencessity and just enough so you don't have to spend your life's worth of time and income to change spec.

meh, if you like poe so much, go play it and leave the forums. seems like the d3 hate on these forums is jealousy that d3 is actually a better game, you just wish the auction house was back so you could trade again.

forum reaction
2012-2013 = trade sucks, remove the auction house or i'm going to play poe
2014 = you removed auction house? man blizz you don't cater to gamer needs anymore, i want to trade again, so i'm going to go play poe

please leave.
04/08/2014 04:47 AMPosted by nostylluen
if poe cost 80$ to play (d3+ros), it would of lost 75% of its players... because it seems throughout this thread that the only real perk to poe is how its free.

the graphics suck, the gameplay sucks, the animations suck, the story sucks, the drop rate sucks, d2/d3 and poe all complained about auction house... but all poe does is trade.

quite the hypocrisy.... oooo but character customization is hardcore.

there's a difference between absurd unencessity and just enough so you don't have to spend your life's worth of time and income to change spec.

meh, if you like poe so much, go play it and leave the forums. seems like the d3 hate on these forums is jealousy that d3 is actually a better game, you just wish the auction house was back so you could trade again.

forum reaction
2012-2013 = trade sucks, remove the auction house or i'm going to play poe
2014 = you removed auction house? man blizz you don't cater to gamer needs anymore, i want to trade again, so i'm going to go play poe

please leave.

in case you didn't know people didn't like the AH due to the RMT. Blizzard went from one extreme to the other. It's been stated many times. You can name all the third party sites you like, but everyone was offed about it becoming an official thing; RMAH. Now you have Bind on Account and Gold bound to... your account. Not just "removed auction house"

"All PoE did was trade" <-- that's what D2 did. I don't know what your point is there. D2 has a prestigious legacy so that would mean PoE is en route?
Super Huge Talent Tree give the illusion that you have all kinds of choices but in reality you follow a specific path then pick the talents for your build the talent tree isnt really needed other then it allows you to make mistakes by misclicking dex instead of intell.

Maps are cool cant deny that the maps in PoE are a perfect fit for this genre

Over the top crafting which seemed really cool at first but became a way of simply trading in town for gear instead of needing to actually play the game.

Very very grindy very very very very very grindy

Ladder seasons are done really well i hope d3 follows something similar

PoE isnt a bad game it just isnt a GREAT GAME

o last thought Hardcore in PoE isnt Hardcore its just the pre run to softcore ;p
Its an okay game. Overrated though.
Lol, POE has died a horrible death the last few months, and its a known fact over there, they delete any negative post on the forum, or anything related to numbers dwindling.

You think D3 is a grind, PoE is worse, played it for a good time, some good things about it, but mostly annoying things that GGG do not fix or listen to the public at all.

Like the item wall at around lvl 35-40, items not dropping, but having to trade orbs to get anywhere.

Legs in PoE, you can play a whole day and not see one legendary drop.

PoE is crap, you are just trolling and trying to get numbers back over there, but fact is, crap is crap, and people have said many times over at PoE, to fix the item issue, but they never listen.

PoE will always have its devout fan base though, even many of those fans have quit as well, but there will always be a small group that will play it just because.
Wow you must be bad. Leveling is easy until around lvl 65. If you are having issues before that its a problem with you.