Automatic Pick-ups

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Remember the lol 10k potions? They were pretty much garbage to pick up. I wasnt even using potions Pre Patch 2.0. So I really want to thanks Blizz for changing it to 60% life restored, and also they made it automatic pick-up. This is great!!

That being said, I think after patch 2.0 all consumables and the likes (crafting recipes, potions, gems) have become more usefull and should have an option of being Auto Picked-up (with exception to Legendaries).

The game would be more enjoyable if it was included in the Gameplay Options where you could put a check on the consumables that you want to be Picked up automatically when you run over them. If this sounds like a lazy brats request, maybe instead of just giving it for free, one should aquire an achievement related to this that will unlock one of each. What do you guys think?

ie:
Pick up 500 Deaths Breath to enable Auto Pick-up Deaths Breath Option.
Pick up 800 Arcane Dust to enable Auto Pick-up Arcane Dust Option.
Pick up 1000 Marquise Emeralds to enable Auto Pick-up Marquise Emerals Option
Yep, would love this. Get so freaken sick of clicking.
04/01/2014 01:48 PMPosted by HotYeti
Yep, would love this. Get so freaken sick of clicking.

Glad im not alone.. Its actually going to be more fun if we dont worry about picking them up.
I agree that crafting materials should be auto pick up.
bump
Also, notice potions cost 600 gold no matter what level you are? So, is that price based on highest character level?. Would hate to think a new player would have to pay 600g for a potion.
04/01/2014 05:23 PMPosted by StrangeDuck
Also, notice potions cost 600 gold no matter what level you are? So, is that price based on highest character level?. Would hate to think a new player would have to pay 600g for a potion.

That is actually a good point. Does the Potion Price Scale up as well??
I agree on auto pickup on consumables.
I also want to ask, once again, to make them pickup after movement. There is NO reason to have a radius for this except for potions.
One of the things we plan on doing at some point is making some adjustments to crafting resource management. I'm going to quote myself from a previous post since there's quite a lot of info in there, and I don't want to leave anything out. It's pretty exciting stuff, though!

Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management at this point would come after Reaper of Souls ships. With that in mind, here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:

• All crafting materials would be moved to a currency-style storage in the UI. Think something similar to Blood Shards.
  • All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)
  • All crafters would pull crafting materials from this storage area for recipes.
  • Crafting materials that the player doesn’t currently own would appear in grey text with a 0 counter.
  • Players could mouse over the icons of all crafting material to get the full tooltip of the item. This includes greyed out ones.
  • Currently, we do not intend to store gems in this way because it would make socketing items feel clunky.
04/01/2014 06:24 PMPosted by Grimiku
One of the things we plan on doing at some point is making some adjustments to crafting resource management. I'm going to quote myself from a previous post since there's quite a lot of info in there, and I don't want to leave anything out. It's pretty exciting stuff, though!

[quote]Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management at this point would come after Reaper of Souls ships. With that in mind, here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:

• All crafting materials would be moved to a currency-style storage in the UI. Think something similar to Blood Shards.
  • All crafting materials would become auto pickup, except for LEGENDARY crafting material. (Legendary crafting material would still be automatically stored as a currency, but players must click on it to pick it up.)
  • All crafters would pull crafting materials from this storage area for recipes.
  • Crafting materials that the player doesn’t currently own would appear in grey text with a 0 counter.
  • Players could mouse over the icons of all crafting material to get the full tooltip of the item. This includes greyed out ones.
  • Currently, we do not intend to store gems in this way because it would make socketing items feel clunky.

That's cool, but add gems to autopick up at least in a different system, not in the currency one.
Was thinking about this a couple days ago, I played GW2 a bit before coming back to RoS and there there is alot of different forms of currency, used to buy from different vendors and for the most part they are all stored into an "account bank" much like gold is now, this will free some inventory space, and would remove unnecesary clicking, plus crafters already use both you inventory and your stash mats, I thought gems would still be an inventory item to socket them however having them as an auto pick up would be great.
I'm going to add my two cents here. I'm a big diablo fan and personally I love clicking on everything to pick it up because it's nostalgic for me. That being said I happen to also work as a caregiver and have one client in particular who is also a gamer and plays diablo from time to time. Accessibility in gaming is something I've become more aware. Something like an auto pickup for not only crafting mats but items as a whole would greatly benefit the disabled gamers among us because many times they cannot click a mouse fast or at all (for those using voice command software, which is also quite slow and unresponsive). Options to enable different levels of auto pickup would be beneficial to all players as well for those who don't want to get carpal tunnel :P. I'll get off my soap box now and let everyone get back to playing.
Auto-pickup everything, have a slider to stop pickups of a gear level (white, ex) you don't want.
Any ETA on when this is getting patched?
04/01/2014 06:24 PMPosted by Grimiku

[quote]Let me preface what I’m about to say with the caveat that any changes we make to crafting material management at this point would come after Reaper of Souls ships. With that in mind, here’s a few ideas we’re tinkering with to help get you thinking about some of the cool possibilities:

What about making white items stack?

You know, since you need them for crafting now. It's terrible to have a whole page for level 70 white axe's and chest armors. P.S. Diabolical wands have the lowest drop rate of any white item in the game. Why?
There could be a different inventory tab to put our crap inside (gems, potions, all mats) too
Personally, I think that auto pick-up would make the game feel too easy and 'bot like'. For example, if one day you decide, hey! I want to craft these legendary bracers, looks like i need 50 veiled crystal's to make one, oh look! i have 10000 of these because of my auto pickup! I thought this game was supposed to be about grinding for gear/materials. I mean, this game has only been out for a week or so and most people can faceroll T1 just from the gear that they find. It should be a grind to get end game gear with end game crafting which should take time, not be as simple as, oh I just need to find 1 legendary material to craft xx legendary set/piece. If they are going to make material auto pick up, why even have materials for crafting in the first place? If you know you need crafting materials, you will be picking up "Clicking" every yellow item/blue item in the game because it will get you one bit close to your own personal goal of crafting each piece of gear that you want, which should be exciting! I have a friend that is really into crafting and is looking at each weapon/armor rack to find white ascended items and is excited when he finds one he wants. Excited for a white item. Can you believe that? Thats what this game should be like. Finding a yellow item and saying YES! thats 5 veiled crystals closer to crafting an item! I remember the first playthrough of ROS, and the hardest thing to find were Death's Breath's. My friends and I were saying, YES another DB! now i can re-roll that stat again! Now that i've poured a good hundred hours into the game, ive got enough Death's Breath's to last me, as I find new gear and re-roll stats. Because I wanted to find them, I was excited when i clicked on them.

Next thing people are going be asking for is auto move because they don't want to be clicking everywhere all the time. If you dont want to be clicking everywhere all the time, you shouldn't be playing an ARPG.
@slinky

Your post makes no sense, how does auto-pick get rid of grinding?, the amount of materials you gather is still the same, whilte/blue/yellow items will still need to be picked to salvage or use as craft materials.
@ zamus

The point I was trying to make, is that auto pickup will make the game easier than it should be. I may have gone off on a bit of a rant.
@slinky,

Really? You find clicking to pick up items that much challenging?