There is now an additional bonus 25% for legs in rifts!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
04/03/2014 05:01 PMPosted by kastermaster
How will you continue to do chest runs when they remove most of them from the game?

Maybe he will just open the few that are left?
I know 25% seems like a huge upgrade but since the drop rate is already a teeny tiny number, we won't even really notice a difference.
I'm not complaining or anything. We will all still be at the mercy of RNGesus.
04/03/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Zizx
Will continue to do chest runs until 90% of the legendary drops aren't complete garbage, chance to get one is too low then the chance to get one that is useful is astronomical.

Luckily for you chest runs are also being nerfed. So have fun :D
LoL some cry baby will want to nerf that nephlam rift too... you watch...
04/03/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Vedonar
Keep in mind it's not live yet, it's still listed as upcoming.

This should be going live shortly, but I may not get a chance to update the hotfix notes until after it goes live. It's on its way though!

We are keeping a very close eye on the rate of reward for playing in Story Mode versus Bounties versus Rifts. We wanted to make Rifts more attractive, so that's the aim of this particular hotfix. Consequently, some areas were spawning too many chests and creating a relatively trivial method to acquiring loot. We don't want chests to be in a place where they become unexciting to open when you come across them, but as with other changes we want to address situations that create less than compelling game play.
04/03/2014 05:31 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This should be going live shortly, but I may not get a chance to update the hotfix notes until after it goes live. It's on its way though!

We are keeping a very close eye on the rate of reward for playing in Story Mode versus Bounties versus Rifts. We wanted to make Rifts more attractive, so that's the aim of this particular hotfix. Consequently, some areas were spawning too many chests and creating a relatively trivial method to acquiring loot. We don't want chests to be in a place where they become unexciting to open when you come across them, but as with other changes we want to address situations that create less than compelling game play.

So did the hotfix just take place? Ive been running a couple of spots to acquire legendary crafting materials (approx 10-20 times) and now all demonic vessels no longer drop anything. If that is the case, farming for legendary crafting materials is now even more mind numbing.

Oh really? That's why almost all chests are dropping absolutely NOTHING?

You guys caved to whiners and basically made this game unfun for me, I won't be returning. It takes me 4-8 hours to find ONE legendary in rifts/bounties. Chests I could find 3-4 legendaries an hour. I don't have 8 hours a day to find one !@#$ legendary.
Here's what you have:

Chests - - NERFED.

Rifts - - 25% of 0.001% of a legendary actually dropping, is still only 0.0125% bro.

But it looks good on paper, right?

Will it be live in the EU same time as the US? =]
joke's on us, 25% increase from 0 is still 0
Sorry but this is fail, why was this even an issue?

Rifts were supposed to be the loot runs, these were heavily advertised, the main selling point of the expansion endgame.

Exp and loot acquisition should be huge in these places. Fail after fail the entire time on D3 in balancing time vs reward.

You should be jumping for excitement everytime you spend 5 keystones to pop a rift. This should have been the case from day 1 at release.
04/03/2014 05:42 PMPosted by DrunkTank
Here's what you have:

Chests - - NERFED.

Rifts - - 25% of 0.001% of a legendary actually dropping, is still only 0.0125% bro.

It doesn't matter what the drop chance is or was, if it's 25% higher you'll get 25% more legendaries than you did before.
Bump this !@#$ up to a static 1% drop rate. All we ask. 1% inside of Rifts on Torment difficulty dude. Can you do that for us, at least?

How about show us the actual drop rate? HA! I bet 1% is easily 500x > the current drop rate.
Its too easy to get rift keystones. I read that they are gonna be tiered in the future so you can "up" them to make them harder and more rewarding.

As it stands, we can run rifts 24/7 with friends because its so easy to get keys.

Meanwhile, doing uber bosses is super tedious because the keywardens are a hassle to find and have low drop rates.

Why nerf things though? Just buff everything else up to the level.

Right now 90% of legendary drops are garbage and it's basically impossible to get a full set. We at least night a high quantity of legendary drops for the forgotten souls since high quality ones are few and far between.
I appreciate that there needs to be a bonus to legendary drop rates in rifts. But why is it not just a guaranteed legendary from rift bosses? Even if it's a material or a forgotten soul.

You should be guaranteed some kind of legendary item from completing a rift. They take around 10 minutes each, assuming the drop rate of legendary items is say 50/50 compared with Forgotten Souls and/or crafting mats, plus the increase, you're looking at 5-6 legendary items an hour. Which is still much lower than what can be achieved in core.

The game is about finding items, you shouldn't see that glorious beam once an hour, you should see it once every 10-15 minutes.
Unless of course your only legendary drops were the forced pauper rolls every hour and a half. Seriously. I can set my watch by the legendary drops when I'm rifting. At least everywhere else I have a chance at seeing things.
04/03/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Aithos
Here's what you have:

Chests - - NERFED.

It doesn't matter what the drop chance is or was, if it's 25% higher you'll get 25% more legendaries than you did before.

Well, you're right. I was getting 0 before and 25% of that is.... owait.
04/03/2014 05:45 PMPosted by Aithos
Here's what you have:

Chests - - NERFED.

No, that's not how it works with percentages that low. You'll get the same amount, possibly less.

25% of 0 is still 0.