[VUDU] Fetish Damage Calculation

Witch Doctor
1 2 3 11 Next
We have expanded the information to include all Pets, and will include some relevant Gems for Pets. The information has better layout, and more details. Please click here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13349475072

Pet fans and friends have a new home!
=================================================================
Great work. But what about +50-100 damage rolls on ring/amulet/mojo? Or does that not affect fetishes?
04/05/2014 08:01 AMPosted by Amantino
Great work. But what about +50-100 damage rolls on ring/amulet/mojo? Or does that not affect fetishes?

CHD doesn't affect fetish damage because our character sheet by default comes with 50%, which is already the ceiling of fetish critical hit damage.

I'll expand on the details as we progress. Have not found the necessary gear items to test some details.
I ment the +damage bonuses, not CHD. Using +50-100 as a random range was a bad choice by me, as that's what CHD can roll. Didn't cross my mind until now. This roll is what I'm asking about: http://i.imgur.com/s3mOnST.jpg
Did some testing and found the answer myself; That damage roll gets added to base weapon damage. Tried running around without mojo/rings/amu for a bit, and then equipping one and one while updating the spreadsheet, and the numbers were always correct. So for me with a 1597-2064 (redgem) weap, and a total +510-760 damage from mojo+rings+amu, I plot in 2824 for max weap damage, and the end results are corect with what I'm usually seeing as the largest numbers (~3.2m crits). I just didn't read remark 3 well enough/didn't know thats how the +damage worked 100%.

I'd love to see Hit DPS that includes crit chance, to see the stat value of CC and being able to compare it with other stats. Especially for amu/rings, that can roll CC, Int, +damage, +phys and +attackspeed, but you can only have 4 of them. Sadly my math skills are not strong enough to implement it myself :p
04/05/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Amantino
So for me with a 1597-2064 (redgem) weap, and a total +510-760 damage from mojo+rings+amu, I plot in 2824 for max weap damage, and the end results are corect with what I'm usually seeing as the largest numbers (~3.2m crits).

Yes, you're right. You can either:
1) sum up all your min damage values on your gear
2) sum up all your max damage values on your gear
3) take the average of (1) and (2)

Your sheet damage is based on the average, and includes pro-rated CHC/CHD effects.

04/05/2014 08:54 AMPosted by Amantino
I'd love to see Hit DPS that includes crit chance, to see the stat value of CC and being able to compare it with other stats.

It can be included in the spreadsheet, like how the character sheet shows Damage. However, it is not very practical. For example, our melee fetishes attack at approximately 48 frames, which is about 3/4 of a second. That means, if we convert to DPS, the melee fetish DPS will go up. The dart fetish shoots at about 94 frames, which is slightly more than 1-and-half second. So when converted to DPS, the dart fetish DPS will go down.
Just released - Patch 2.04.

Fetish critical hits now multiply according to our sheet CHD. Surprisingly, it was a stealth fix and is not recorded in the patch log.

Example - CHD = 268%
Critical hit damage will be 3.68 x non-critical hit damage.

Here's the video proof (give it a few hours to upload):
http://youtu.be/5t1drRJqX2Q

It is excellent news indeed for build and gear variations! Different play-style and weapon types can now achieve similar fetish damage via different gearing paths.

Now to re-work the spreadsheet.
Very nice video.

12019 damage! Nerf fetishes!
I hope this sticks and is an intended feature.
Spreadsheet updated to correctly account for %Damage against Elites changes made in Patch 2.04.
Can you go through how to add in ChC? If ChD is included in the spreadsheet, what value should I modify to include my current ChC?

Edit: I guess i could just take (ChC*Fetish Crit Damage) + (1-ChC)(Fetish Crit Damage)

Edit #2: What about Piranhas and/or Strongarm bracers?
04/11/2014 10:07 AMPosted by LuckBox
Edit: I guess i could just take (ChC*Fetish Crit Damage) + (1-ChC)(Fetish Crit Damage)

You can use [ CHC x (1+CHD) x D ] + [ (1-CHC) x D ],
where D is the cell that points to the normal hit damage (and not the Crit Damage cell as you wrote in your post).

That is the pro-rated way of getting the expected damage output for each fetish per hit. However, I don't really agree with that concept, because in the game, you will either get a Crit or a normal Hit. You don't get that in-between pro-rated number.

Furthermore, the attack frequency of the fetish is about 3/4 of a second. If you have Tasker & Theo, they attack even faster. Which means, if you wanted to have the pro-rated expected damage per hit, and consider eDPS, then you need to take 60 / frame-rate per hit. It's quite troublesome to measure frame by frame, and the numerical calculation isn't as meaningful other than to brag about eDPS on the assumption that everyone is fighting and not cheerleading.

The main objective of this thread is not to brag about DPS numbers, but to find some way to estimate the gear variations and their corresponding impact on the fetish damage output, since neither Blizzard nor the 3rd party websites have come up with any tool to help fetish build WDs.
Yeah, I'm not interesting in bragging. I'm honestly just trying to gauge the benefit of IAS versus ChD if I lose the FS passive or change my amulet to Phys/INT/ChC/(IAS->ChD).
04/11/2014 10:07 AMPosted by LuckBox
Edit #2: What about Piranhas and/or Strongarm bracers?

I've not tested Piranhas in details, if it is a monster debuff in accordance with the tooltip, I'd expect it to be grouped together with Hex:Jinx and MC:Paranoia.

[Not tested] Meaning, Piranhas 15% + MC 20% + Hex 20% will all add up to 55% if all 3 are stacked at the same time. That group's multiplier will become 1.55. I am quite confident the monster debuffs stack in the same group because in my old CoB guide I tested MC:P with the Wizard's Time Warp and the debuffs added up nicely as a group multiplier.

You didn't ask, but someone will be thinking about BBV and other classes' buff that affect the character sheet. In my old CoB guide, the buffs to character sheet add up nicely as another group multiplier. There is a very high chance that these mechanics remain intact in ROS.

Strongarm, you refer to the knockback damage? What has that got to do with Fetish damage? To test that, you'd need to keep looking at the knockback damage numbers and see what are the raw components that make up that "Weapon damage" definition.

Typically, the "weapon damage" formula looks similar to this:
[ (weapon damage) x (1 + (Intel / 100)) ] x [ Skill Tooltip Damage ]

but we cannot assume all skills work off the same basic damage formula. For example, fetish basic formula has [ APS ] worked in as one of the components.
I was specifically referring to the *enemies hit by knockbacks will suffer 25-30% more damage when they land* on strongarm bracers

• http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/strongarm-bracers
  • 04/11/2014 10:55 AMPosted by LuckBox
    Yeah, I'm not interesting in bragging. I'm honestly just trying to gauge the benefit of IAS versus ChD if I lose the FS passive or change my amulet to Phys/INT/ChC/(IAS->ChD).

Yes I see your logic here. You can insert a column between Hit and Crit, and put in that formula to see the combined pro-weighted effect of CHC & CHD.

Come to think of it, it's a good idea. I'd do it for the community since we're lacking in gear simulators at the moment, and so many of the multipliers are not reflected on the sheet "Damage".
    04/11/2014 11:07 AMPosted by LuckBox
    I was specifically referring to the *enemies hit by knockbacks will suffer 25-30% more damage when they land* on strongarm bracers

Yes, but your fetishes don't proc knockback. Only WD knocks them around. So it's still the WD's damage and not the fetish damage.
    Ok. I was assuming that if I caused a knockback with gear or piranhado, the fetishes themselves would cause more damage for the 5 second duration.
    04/11/2014 11:09 AMPosted by PaulNg
    04/11/2014 10:55 AMPosted by LuckBox

Yes I see your logic here. You can insert a column between Hit and Crit, and put in that formula to see the combined pro-weighted effect of CHC & CHD.

Come to think of it, it's a good idea. I'd do it for the community since we're lacking in gear simulators at the moment, and so many of the multipliers are not reflected on the sheet "Damage".

I actually did add a column to the copy I made of your sheet. Thank you for the work you put into it!