q about rifts buff

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 19 Next
04/03/2014 09:00 PMPosted by SquelchMePlz
Yup, looks like 15% multiplicative buff per T level.

I hope Lylirra doesn't get in trouble for leaking this :)

Correct. :)

And, nah, no trouble. I had the appropriate blessings.
I'm having the same experience... I've run about 10 t2 rifts today 4/4 and not a single legendary.
We keep telling them drop rates are low and continue to be low. It takes sploiting T6 chests for them to actually raise rates 25%. Did it help? No. I have seen no increase in my drops and I am using 41% magic find bonus on my helm. Rift after Rift for no reward.

I do know for a fact the 2 hour pity timer works because that's all there is in my world. T1 T2 doesn't make or increase my chances.
I got a few legs last night in Rift after the rift buff and 3 of them were not for my class... a green witch doctor dagger swords and 2 handers.

Is this intended?
I just run 5 rifts 2 on torment II and 3 on torment I and only got 1 legendary which was gloves for a wizard, but on the plus side I did get a forgotten soul for every final boss kill and it seems like more blood shards from them to. The legendary come from a chest. The one thing I would like to see changed is the gold reward for completing the rift because my gold stash is falling fast from 25 million to 8 million now from enchanting and combining gems.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

So based upon what you're saying, T1 has a 15% legendary base bonus, T2 has a 32% legendary base bonus? Mind sharing those bonuses for T3-T6 so we can have better perspective?

It looks like all of the leg bonus % is multiplicative and i think each increased torment level increases it by 15% so

Normal-Master = 0 bonus + 25% bonus for rifts = 25% bonus overall
T1 = 15% bonus + 25% bonus for rifts = 1.15*1.25 = 1.4375 = 43.75% bonus overall
T2 = 15% T1 bonus + 15% T2 bonus + 25% for rifts = 1.15*1.15*1.25= 1.653125 = 65.31% bonus overall

T3 = 15% T1 bonus + 15% T2 bonus + 15% T3 bonus + 25% for rifts = 1.15*1.15*1.15*1.25= 1.90109 = 90.11% bonus overall

T4 = 1.15^4 * 1.25= 2.186257= 218.63% bonus overall
T5 = 1.15^5 * 1.25= 2.514196 = 251.42% bonus overall
T6 = 1.15^6 * 1.25= 2.8913259 = 289.13% bonus overall

These are for rifts only

I think that that is lowballing.

Lylirra post for what your calling the bouns rate was 1.15 for T1. Then the bonus rate scaled to 1.32. thats actually 17%. so it is actually higher based on that logic.

My idea is that, the 17% scales as difficulty increases. based on what Lylirra has said the bonus rate for torments could be calculated like this

t1= 1.15
t2= 1.32
*this scaled by 13.9%. Using op calcs. bonus rate should scale like this for the following
t3=1.32x1.139=1.50
t4=1.50x1.139=1.71
t5=1.71x1.139=1.95
t6=1.95x1.139=2.22

then you would apply the rift bonus to it of 1.25 (25%).

anyone else think this might be how its done?

ill be running some t6 rifts tonight to find out anyways

*blue posted as I typed this qq
*just noticed I think we did the same math but in different ways. I m not a math major :P
Here are two facts:

1) I am playing D3:RoS regardless of drop rates, because it is fun.
2) If the drop rate gets buffed, this can only benefit me (and others) over time, as we are playing anyhow.

DONE. Why are you complainers playing if it is such a horrible experience? Go play God of War or something if you just want to press a button and win. If you are a true loot hound, you are spending your time grinding, not QQ'ing on a forum that other players have better RNG than you, ergo the system must be broken.

Play the junior rank difficulties until you can farm T1 at the same speed, then farm T1 to get yourself the best set items for your class along with all the other loot you'd get anyway. Challenge yourself on higher torments FOR FUN and FOR PRIDE...not because you want a guaranteed legendary or some jazz.

The best gloves, rings, ammys (AKA your offense stat slots) are usually yellows anyhow...trifecta and quadfecta rolls with nice secondary stats like health globes or bonus gold. Legendary items aren't the only good gear...that is a n00b belief.
Instead of a 50% xp buff, we should be getting a Loot drop buff after this disaster.

This is a loot game, and thus a loot game with no loot means no fun to many.

What I don't understand are all the trolls like above basically proving how selfish they really are. If you were "fine" with the game before because you enjoyed playing it for your reasons while others were having fun for their reasons, why does it bother you others were having fun in a game which their results have no impact on your game what so ever?

What is better?
1. You're having fun with your "challenge and pride", others having fun getting loot in a loot game.
2. You're having fun with your "challenge and pride", others frustrated and quitting because they're not getting loot from a loot game, resulting in these people not coming back later, thus less money for the devs.

Think sometimes please.
poor density and worst density for elites and goblins= drop legendaries low and also with RNG find a good legendary is harder than talk with GOD. well guys why you don't give us something good to kill and rewarding. you have forget now tha we cant trade???

You dont want people use exploits ??? Do something now PLS!!!
Legendarys should be legendary.....They should not drop all to the time like people want. They should be very rare, that's what a legendary is. Increasing the drop rate does affect the people who enjoy the game now. I for one don't want top gear handed to me, what reason would have to play then. People are being selfish by crying about not having lenders handed to them. It's beyond rediculous.
04/04/2014 11:04 AMPosted by Drsexxytime
Instead of a 50% xp buff, we should be getting a Loot drop buff after this disaster.

This is a loot game, and thus a loot game with no loot means no fun to many.

What I don't understand are all the trolls like above basically proving how selfish they really are. If you were "fine" with the game before because you enjoyed playing it for your reasons while others were having fun for their reasons, why does it bother you others were having fun in a game which their results have no impact on your game what so ever?

What is better?
1. You're having fun with your "challenge and pride", others having fun getting loot in a loot game.
2. You're having fun with your "challenge and pride", others frustrated and quitting because they're not getting loot from a loot game, resulting in these people not coming back later, thus less money for the devs.

Think sometimes please.

Your reasoning is flawed: There IS loot. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong, period, or on the extreme side of the losing RNG equation.

Number 2 is better: Those people are welcome to quit and stop posting useless, selfish, feedback on the forums that is just boiled down "I wish I had better gear" QQ. If they quit, the player base becomes better (albeit smaller) and the feedback becomes richer and not just QQ. Blizz is in no danger of losing money from those quitters since this isn't an MMO...it's an ARPG with a one time cost...and they will still buy the expansion so they can feel self righteous about why they don't like it and complain more...think sometimes, please ;)

People complaining about the loot ARE getting loot...just not as fast as they would like. That is QQ, and no fault of the devs. Some people are never happy. Blizzard is caving a bit with this buff, plain and simple. Some people are never happy, so Blizz will make some attempt to pacify them.
After the rift buff, I farmed 500 shards. So about 10 rifts. One trash legendary.

I quit in frustration.

When I've experienced the split farming t6 chest of 8 legs / hour, this is just so unrewarding.
When I played D1, I was like 10, I was happy with everything Wirt gave me...

When I had time and was young(10-23 rofl), I played D2, I invested 1000s of hours farming to get the perfect gear for my llds...

When I am an adult, and am forced to be a casual D3 player, I can be content with a lvl20 caster wearing blues. Enjoying the storyline. I'm happy with a Lvl5 wearing whites ffs.

BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU GET. Blizzard can't satisfy everyone. If you're not happy, it's your fault not theirs.

~ Enjoying RoS, keep up the good work.
04/04/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Steve727
Legendarys should be legendary.....They should not drop all to the time like people want. They should be very rare, that's what a legendary is. Increasing the drop rate does affect the people who enjoy the game now. I for one don't want top gear handed to me, what reason would have to play then. People are being selfish by crying about not having lenders handed to them. It's beyond rediculous.

This game has been about gear and ability builds since inception, there is now no way to barter to realize your build, you are completely at the mercy of grinding until the one specific item(out of thousands of legendaries) drops to achieve your dream. The death of bartering in this game is punitive and a departure from the heart and soul of Diablo.
My friends and I just completed ten Torment II rifts.
There were four of us. Each rift presents 15 or more elite packs, a rift boss, and a horde of trash mobs. So that's 150 elite packs, plus 10 rift bosses per player, plus hundreds of trash mobs.

If we multiply these numbers by four for each player, we get: 600 elite monsters (or more) killed, 40 rift bosses, and thousands of white mobs.

We collectively got 5 legendary items and 8 Forgotten Souls.

Blizzard, can you please look into this? Is something bugged at Torment 2? Or is this what you intended the drop rate to be? Because it truly does not feel rewarding.
04/04/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Zelen
My friends and I just completed ten Torment II rifts.
There were four of us. Each rift presents 15 or more elite packs, a rift boss, and a horde of trash mobs. So that's 150 elite packs, plus 10 rift bosses per player, plus hundreds of trash mobs.

If we multiply these numbers by four for each player, we get: 600 elite monsters (or more) killed, 40 rift bosses, and thousands of white mobs.

We collectively got 5 legendary items and 8 Forgotten Souls.

Blizzard, can you please look into this? Is something bugged at Torment 2? Or is this what you intended the drop rate to be? Because it truly does not feel rewarding.

I can relate to your experience also, my clan we did some runs, is a disaster...
Ppl just loged out now
This game has been about gear and ability builds since inception, there is now no way to barter to realize your build, you are completely at the mercy of grinding until the one specific item(out of thousands of legendaries) drops to achieve your dream. The death of bartering in this game is punitive and a departure from the heart and soul of Diablo.

THIS is true, and not QQ. There needs to be bartering...hawking your wares in chat in D2 was part of the fun of being a loot hunter.

It also eliminates some complaints about scarcity, since players can accumulate generic wealth and try to trade it for specific items...of course, there will be QQ from players who aren't capable traders and think trading shouldn't even be a thing. Always there will be QQ, but bringing back bartering would be awesome.
How about blizz just hands you guys a full set of bis legendarys. After all that is what you people want and are QQing about. Then we can sit here and listen to you complain about how boring the game is because you are fully geared and have nothing to play for.
04/03/2014 08:29 PMPosted by Lylirra
This means if you're playing through a Rift in Normal-Master, you'll have a 25% bonus to Legendary drops. If you're playing through a Rift in Torment 1, you'll have a 43% bonus to Legendary drops (1.15 * 1.25 = 1.43). If you're playing through a Rift in Torment 2, you'll have a 65% bonus to Legendary drops (1.32* 1.25 = 1.65). And so on.

how come you guys give this kinda of info out over here but on the war craft forums we've been asking for actually numbers (kinda like this) is there a reason they dont give numbers over there?

other then the rage that would come about after?

ya i know not the same game but still (drop rate %)