WD Fetish Build: I Am Legion

Hardcore
Prev 1 4 5 6 12 Next
05/01/2014 07:58 PMPosted by Klipt
One question I have is how do you gain sustainable healing? One post on the WD forums highly recommended using Rain of Toads instead of VB for this build, which would allow for LoH builds. Thoughts?

I run T5/6 with 0 LoH/regen without issues. It can be done with half to 2/3 of my toughness if you rely on 6-8k LoH and RoT or Leeching Beasts, which is what the SC guys prefer as it allows them to squeeze out another 100k dps.

There's no wrong way to go on this one, I personally prefer higher baseline ehp and more fetishes from VB.
05/02/2014 07:47 AMPosted by HojoKing
Fury, I have been playing my WD the past 2 nights. My gears can do T1 now but I know I got a lot of room for improvement. I'm looking to push it to at least T2 solo in the next week or so. Until I can find a MoJ, are my current gears decent enough to run FA built?

You got the aps to produce decent amounts of fetishes, should be fine in T1/2.

Dump your shards into helms, MoJ is a common legendary and you should find/gamble on relatively fast. Then focus on T&T, that one is more rare.

P.S. That sword is going to be really good when the next patch hits.
can you offer any advice for my pet WD?

he feels relatively weak compared to my wiz.

two problems i have:
defense - cant take many hits, even with all the defensive measures i put in with it. BT set, offhand, dogs, still feels very vulnerable. arcane beams murder me.
offense - cant seem to generate enough fetish, even with 2.0 atk spd. i try to move fast from pack to pack, so dont spend much time standing still channeling to generate fetishes. i think i stand in town constantly channeling and most i got was about 8 fetish.
[...]

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.
05/02/2014 08:31 AMPosted by eLINminator
can you offer any advice for my pet WD?

he feels relatively weak compared to my wiz.

two problems i have:
defense - cant take many hits, even with all the defensive measures i put in with it. BT set, offhand, dogs, still feels very vulnerable. arcane beams murder me.
offense - cant seem to generate enough fetish, even with 2.0 atk spd. i try to move fast from pack to pack, so dont spend much time standing still channeling to generate fetishes. i think i stand in town constantly channeling and most i got was about 8 fetish.

What difficulty do you usually play on? You definitely have enough defense to run T3 smoothly with in my opinion. You could switch to Leeching Beats and put max paragon points into LoH, that should provide more sustain.

If you move around a lot you can try Rain of Toads. It will generate only 75% as many fetishes as VB but it procs a lot of LoH (1.5 proc rate) and it's free to cast.

On the number of fetishes, at 2.01 aps if you stand still channeling VB constantly, you should be generating 12 per minute (4 VB ticks per second = 0.2 fetishes per second on average). So if you spend more than half the time moving around you will maintain <6 on average. I'm not going to lie to you, until you get the full Zuni set you will never feel satisfied with how many you have.
Just curious for LOLZ.
Rate My WD!

Since you apparently are the WD fetish "god"

Edit: I dont have my off Spite in offhand. switch to shield last night... and love it. While also running CoL to generate 3 ZD then back to GI.
05/02/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Fury
I'm not going to lie to you, until you get the full Zuni set you will never feel satisfied with how many you have.

Why run Zuni set with FS? please explain.
(no trolol)
05/02/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Bludstaind
I'm not going to lie to you, until you get the full Zuni set you will never feel satisfied with how many you have.

(no trolol)

Because you summon them once, and everything adds onto the 8 that you already have.
05/02/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Bludstaind
Edit: I dont have my off Spite in offhand. switch to shield last night... and love it. While also running CoL to generate 3 ZD then back to GI.

Get yourself a RoRG, unlocking the 3-piece BT and Aughild bonuses will be huge.

I wouldn't use a shield as a WD. Uhkapian provides as much if not more defense but is much better offensively.

05/02/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Bludstaind
(no trolol)

The Zuni set allows you to use FA for 8 permanent fetishes. That's 8 on top of whatever you can maintain from FS, it makes a big difference.
Zuni set not worth it. SMK FTW
Uhkapian not worth it. I have it and run CoL for a few min. How serpent more def? I run both and found SS safer. RORG is a given. BT set is nice but come on. Would rather pick your brain ingame versus these forums. I will put gear per usual on as to fix stats. give it a few min to update.
05/02/2014 11:00 AMPosted by Bludstaind
Zuni set not worth it. SMK FTW

Casting FA destroys all previously summoned fetishes, both from FA and FS. Starmetal lets you more or less spam BBV and FA, but without the Zuni set you can't use FS as you have to recast FA all the time (and destroy you FS in the process, every 15 seconds or so).

05/02/2014 11:06 AMPosted by Bludstaind
Uhkapian not worth it. I have it and run CoL for a few min. How serpent more def? I run both and found SS safer. RORG is a given. BT set is nice but come on. Would rather pick your brain ingame versus these forums. I will put gear per usual on as to fix stats. give it a few min to update.

The 30% melee reduction on your SS is what makes it feel so safe, so yes SS is probably more defensive than the serpent for most players. But that doesn't change the fact that WDs don't need a shield. You army is your shield, missing out on 300+ average damage and a skill bonus on mojos is too much to give up.

Add me if you want to talk about specific gear pieces.
f you move around a lot you can try Rain of Toads. It will generate only 75% as many fetishes as VB but it procs a lot of LoH (1.5 proc rate) and it's free to cast.

This is something that I noticed: I tried both FB and RoT, and I liked FB the most. However, I tend to relocate myself quite often, and some mobs inside rifts have some annoying affixes.

I'm currently running with Rain of Toads, but I won't lie... I miss Firebats :(
When you run SMK you dont need fetish sycophants in higher torments. They hit more time on each enemy,procing SMK. Since we run FS, why worry about sheet dps when your fetishes and doing your dps?(granted dont be "pk" but dont need to be worrying about a ton of dps when you lack Phys % and CD/CC).
Fetish damage is based largely on your own:

1.80 * (avg weapon damage) * aps * (1 + int/100) * (1 + MoJ + elemental) * (1 + crit) * (1 + elite bonuses) and so on.

The only thing to remember is that fetishes have 0 proc rate, so they won't proc effects such as Loh and area damage. But other than that, single fetish damage is proportional to your sheet dps.
so what am I looking at per fetish? I suck at math, hence why I work Precast/prestressedconcrete
sheet dps * 1.80 * (1.00 + 0.99 MoJ + 0.20 bracer) ~ 700k * 1.8 * 2.19 ~ 2.76m per average fetish hit

fetishes hit ~ (1.25 + 0.49 T&T) = 1.74 attacks per second.
05/02/2014 08:02 AMPosted by Fury

I don't remember reading about that, what is the next patch doing to TF?
05/02/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Bryanw1995

The %dmg will get fixed. That's why I'm waiting before enchanting mine.
05/02/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Bryanw1995

I think he's referring to the dagger on his WD. I understand that Blizzard is intending to make changes to the +X% damage on weapons so that it no longer applies just to the black portion of the weapon damage. When they do, I've heard that they want to make the change retroactive, so it will affect current weapons with +X% damage and elementa; damage.