Why is D3 still a Giant Math Problem?

General Discussion
So I've always heard the term, 'total damage mitigation'. It's been around a long time. Decided to finally look up exactly how it works, and it turns out it is a math problem. One person tells me you can use excel and make a spreadsheet, another says just use this formula - it's simple.

Sometimes I wonder what my total cold damage and frozen orb damage is. Because I like to run Frozen Orb build as a wizard. The two affixes I would like to stack, when I can, is % cold damage and % frozen orb damage. Every now and then, I might also use % chance to cast area spell. How exactly do all these percentages work together? Someone told me to fire up excel and make a spreadsheet, its simple.

It's take a bit of fun out of finding loot when I have to alt tab and use excel and make a spreadsheet to evaluate my character/gear/build. I make enough spreadsheets throughout the day, I don't want to make spreadsheets for D3; and then change values and update according to patches, hotfixes, ect to the game. Please make it less of a chore to evaluate my character and gear.

Maybe make the details section... more detail? Under defense section can you not simply tell me what my total damage mitigation is? Under offense can you list elemental damage perhaps? Tell me how much of an elemental or a spell/skill % increase I have currently equipped?

Or am I a noob for not wanting spreadsheets?
^
...because they want the game to be complicate as PoE, people are crying and saying PoE is more advanced... and deep.

Oh wait, now Diablo III also have this advance math, we could skip math at school! hurray!
You know, every game that was ever created was math based. Just saying.
Even fking pong is math based.
simple..its incomplete game..wait and u will see..
04/08/2014 05:42 AMPosted by dmGinC
It's take a bit of fun out of finding loot when I have to alt tab and use excel and make a spreadsheet to evaluate my character/gear/build.

Then don't! And quit min maxing and just play the game. What ever looks fun, play that.
04/08/2014 05:42 AMPosted by dmGinC
Or am I a noob for not wanting spreadsheets?

moral of the story ?.

DON'T divide by 0.