Frozen orb secretly nerfed??!!

Wizard
1 2 3 16 Next
before the patch it's doing 6.7m crits on average, and now it's 4.4m

to compare this

my magic missile is 170% with +29% +skill dmg, +0% fire dmg the average crit num is 2.4m

the frozen orb on the otherhand is 393% with +30% +skill dmg, + 19% cold dmg was doing 6.5m crit with is almost correct and now it's doing 4.4~4.7m
Yes, confirmed.
someone test this fo me plz, i don't have the +min dmg ring to lock my dmg
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended
Nothing regarding damage.
I barely notice it, I still destroy packs/elites/champions
There were some bugs associated with Frozen Orb that were fixed with this patch that might be resulting in some of the changes you're noticing.

• Arcane Orb
    • Frozen Orb
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

The full patch notes are available here if you'd like to see the philosophy behind any of these changes.
•Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
•Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

this shouldn't affect the center dmg i think, i'm doing single target test now and it's sometimes(like 1/7) pop the 6.x m dmg, however the target is not moving and so every hit should be the same isn't it?
I'm getting the vibe that...

...really means that Cold Blooded no longer works with Frozen Orb. It would be more professional to just come out and say it.

Edit:
Fine by me though. I kind of expected this from the whining so I have tons of arcane %dmg items just sitting in my bank waiting for me to get home and change to an arcane build.
04/08/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Pickles

...really means that Cold Blooded no longer works with Frozen Orb. It would be more professional to just come out and say it.

That'd kind of defeat the purpose of Cold Blooded...that'd be a pretty bad design decision if that's the case.
Well, as far as I can tell, I'm missing ticks on FO per mob per cast.

Was this intended? I could understand a less area of effect, but the way it was implemented has drastically reduced it's damage per cast.
Well I'm not hitting as hard as I did before the patch(used to be 6~7mil, now its 4~5mil), so they stealth nerfed the damage as well. And no, I'm not using cold blooded.

But of course, blizz will say a billions times that they didn't, and if ended up being a bug, it will take 6 more months for a patch to change it back... sigh...
04/08/2014 10:18 AMPosted by Nevalistis
There were some bugs associated with Frozen Orb that were fixed with this patch that might be resulting in some of the changes you're noticing.

• Arcane Orb
    • Frozen Orb
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

The full patch notes are [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13532431"]available here[/url] if you'd like to see the philosophy behind any of these changes.

uninstalled, dont worry,i see you still cling to your philosophy of nerfing stuff ina vidoe game that is single player, no competition, no economy...
Kudos to bliz for doing the right thing. My main is a FO wiz but honestly this skill was way too overpowered.
Wizards are the most OP In the game right now. Stop complaining you'll still be the best dps
Go try crusader then tell me how hard your life is as a wizard
and another class ruined, thank you blizzard for not valuing my enjoyment, and forcing me to change how i like to play the game!
04/08/2014 10:32 AMPosted by RpTheHotrod
04/08/2014 10:30 AMPosted by Pickles

That'd kind of defeat the purpose of Cold Blooded...that'd be a pretty bad design decision if that's the case.

It's already been stated in patch notes that it was a bug that chilled longer than intended. It's not a bad design decision as the skill is now how it was intended to be. People are just used to the extra damage from the longer chill timer.

And yes, you could say this is a nerf but it was a long time coming.

<span class="truncated">...</span>
The full patch notes are [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13532431"]available here[/url] if you'd like to see the philosophy behind any of these changes.

uninstalled, dont worry,i see you still cling to your philosophy of nerfing stuff ina vidoe game that is single player, no competition, no economy...

No one cares. QQ Bye bye now.

Only single player and no competition if you make it that way. Get some friends.
It's dumb because FO wasn't even the Wizard's strongest skill LOL.

The forum cries do it again! And we wizards are just pidgeonholed into arcane builds. Sigh.
04/08/2014 10:38 AMPosted by Sean
They are not bug fixes they are nerfs. They say bug fix to justify the nerf

I agree. It's really unprofessional of them to state "bug fix" instead of just outright saying the chilled duration was lowered and AoE range was lowered.

Changes to my build = new weapon.

Generator = Spectral Blades
Spender = Arcane Torrent

I will still carry black hole but with spellsteal rune instead. I been waiting to make use of a crazy good arcane% SoJ I got last week.