Frozen orb secretly nerfed??!!

Wizard
Prev 1 2 3 4 16 Next
not every critical hit is a max damage hit, that being said, do a test of say 10 crits, and take the average as your normal crit. I run t1 solo most the time and I crit anywhere from 1.4 - 10.5mil, however I would say my average crit to be in the neighborhood of 4mil.

hope that helps.
Can anyone share their experience with the radius nerf? Is it dramatic or not too noticeable...

So sick of these "bug" fixes, man up and say you nerfed it if you nerfed it.
04/08/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Kaztenral
stop complaining and talk reasonably plz, thas will not make any thing happen.

Problem found, the new orb will have a big chance of not triggering the bonus dmg to the target it did not caught in the explosion radius, even if the orb passes through the target.

If this is intended, atleast allow player to choose what it explodes(pointer-location-ish), otherwise this will create a double dead angle and the diabloii fashioned wiz cannot be played any more.

I understand why ppl complaining that wiz is op, however, the frozen orb build is not the highest dmg build, it's a safer and easier build. The laser wiz is who wields the highest dmg. Nerfing the frozen orb this much will just make all wiz go laser and it's not a healthy way that encouraging each to have different playing style.

sorry for my bad english and plz forgive me since it's not my first language.

I'm yet to see a disintegrate wizard reach the same numbers or clear speed that I have as a frozen orb wizard. Their damage is good for bosses but for clearing mobs, which is the majority of the game they just can't even come close to orb.
I thought cold blooded would apply bonus damage to the first attack that is applying the chill effect, so a reduction on FOs chill duration would have no impact on FOs benefit from Cold Blooded (it will still always be 100% on every attack.)

Electrocute (or whatever noncold spells you are using), though, would gain less benefit because they will sometimes be hitting after the (shorted) chill duration from FO falls off.
04/08/2014 11:17 AMPosted by RayRay
Can anyone share their experience with the radius nerf? Is it dramatic or not too noticeable...

So sick of these "bug" fixes, man up and say you nerfed it if you nerfed it.

Honestly I can't even notice the radius change on the skill, perhaps because I always aimed my orbs at what I was trying to kill before and still now? No idea but I can't tell the difference, I still just roll through T2 without a problem 1-2 shotting all whites.
04/08/2014 11:18 AMPosted by Synol
I'm yet to see a disintegrate wizard reach the same numbers or clear speed that I have as a frozen orb wizard. Their damage is good for bosses but for clearing mobs, which is the majority of the game they just can't even come close to orb.

You must have missed a wizard using a Moonlight Ward.
I'm still hitting while the cold visual effect is in place, and cold blooded doesn't seem to work. I think they broke cold blooded when they fixed this.
04/08/2014 10:18 AMPosted by Nevalistis
There were some bugs associated with Frozen Orb that were fixed with this patch that might be resulting in some of the changes you're noticing.

• Arcane Orb
    • Frozen Orb
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where Frozen Orb was chilling for longer than intended
      • Bug Fix: Fixed an issue where the Frozen Orb bonus damage radius was hitting a larger area than intended

The full patch notes are [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13532431"]available here[/url] if you'd like to see the philosophy behind any of these changes.

Hi, guys! Your single target top Critical Damage depends on Skill's radius.
If CM posted something like this on PoE forums, people would now he/she is trolling. Here? Either not playing the game at all or blatantly lying to justify "fix" tag.
Electrocute, Frozen Orb nerfed, Prodigy and Cold Blooded as collateral. The whole cookie cutter build gimped.
Awesome choices. People will love it.
I never really payed attention to how much I am critting for but I do recall hitting a 13m crit yesterday and I just saw another 12m crit on an elite. As far as consecutive numbers, I am seeing a lot of high crits in the 6-8m range on trash for the first hit followed by some in the lower 2m range. I also saw the initial hit for a 3m crit and then the monster behind took a 9m crit.

It is hard to say what is happening but arcane orb does feel weaker. Up until this patch, I was able to kill most elite packs in T2 with the 6 orbs I can cast before my AP runs out. I just did two bounties and 2 rifts and I have not been able to kill one elite pack before my AP runs out.
Back to the drawing board

=D
It is nice that they are briefly mentioning "philosophy" behind changes (like League of Legends), but it seems to me that it is not so much philosophy as PR spin. Frozen orb was a strong skill.

"Unfortunately, these bug fixes do have the side effect of weakening these skills. Ultimately, this brings these skills back in line with other Wizard skills, which is why we chose to implement these fixes."

It is not unfortunate that the skills were weakened, it was your intent. Stop lying. You wanted to nerf it and you nerfed it. There was no bug. A bug is when your programmer accidentally adds a 0 to the explosion radius, not when you say to yourself "hmm, yeah, that is probably too good, let's lower it"

Blizzard needs to man the !@#$ up and treat us with some honesty.
I dropped cold blooded for elemental exposure and I swear it feels different. Am I crazy?
You know its not even so much the fact they nerfed frozen orb that gets me. I wanted to someday play a different spec, But frozen orb was easy to play, and didnt have the gear requirements that some of the other wizard specs have. I cant find alot of stuff to save my life. Never found a piece of tal's, ever, let alone 2-4 of em. Only ever found 1 piece of vyr's. Only 1 firebirds. Never found a thunderfury. My azurewrath has no int on it and I am making due with that. I've been playing 5-7 hours a day since patch, on weekends even longer. My guess is others are in a similar situation. They would love to go disintegrate, or fire. I'm still going to run frozen orb till I find stuff to let me get a stronger other build, but apparently its going to take longer which in turn is going to burn me out from the game faster.
well I quit the game once when they nerfed nether tentacles on the DH ... I come back for ROS and start playing my wizard and using frozen orbs ... then they nerf that ... like seriously wtf blizz ..

why are you nerfing anything in a non pvp orientated game unless it is ridiculously broken is what i want to know ... all i see with the other classes is buff buff buff bufff ... wizards ... nerf nerf nerf

who the hell would complain that wizards do to much dmg in a game where WIZARDS DO YOUR GROUPS DPS .... yeah i hate it when the DPS in my group rocks ... i should have brought someone that does less dps ... this is blizzard logic right here ... just wow blizz
Does prodigy even work anymore? It seems barely better than base regen.
@Loki - I too played a DH at release, but you really can't compare NT to FO. NT was very, very, very clearly bugged. To the point where if you were using it you were abusing an exploit. It was pretty obvious that NT hitting multiple times (RIP big enemies with dampening) was not intended, while in comparison FO works exactly as intended but they decided it was too strong.
04/08/2014 11:47 AMPosted by Matariel
Does prodigy even work anymore? It seems barely better than base regen.

Yes it does. Try swapping that skill and time how long it takes to fill your AP globe. I went from 6 seconds to 13.
fuc|< blizzard, fuc|< whiners on the forums, fuc|< everybody