Archery passive for 1h xbow needs rework

Demon Hunter
5% permanent critical chance is underwhelming versus sharp shooters 4% permanent + up to 100% total cc for 1 second. And whenever you play dual wield you will try and prioritize SS over Archery even more since you want to maximize your crit potential with 2 emeralds.

1 hatred each second does not make up for the loss in burst dps you can get with ss + dw. if you play 1h + quiver it is even more useless.
Dual wielding is intended for fast attacks, not heavy bursts.
04/06/2014 09:28 AMPosted by Rendition

how is the 15% dual wield as bonus higher than the 20% attack speed bonus from quivers?
04/06/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Romzen

how is the 15% dual wield as bonus higher than the 20% attack speed bonus from quivers?

two 1h xbows witwh 5% atk spe?
the only reason you should ever dual wield is because you have a garbage quiver, or the danetta's set.

This is one thing I'd like them to fix :(
04/06/2014 09:44 AMPosted by TLO

two 1h xbows witwh 5% atk spe?

wait a second. how do you manage to fit attack speed into your 4 affix slots if you already have dmg, dmg%, dex and socket? you must be a wizard.

even if you get 5 primaries with a legendary this is not relevant to my opening post. i talk about the archery passive and the overal usefulness of it compared to sharp shooter.
04/06/2014 09:47 AMPosted by Blastom
the only reason you should ever dual wield is because you have a garbage quiver, or the danetta's set.

dual wield provides considerably high burst due to a second 130% critical damage gem. you will always outperform a 1h+quiver combination in terms of effective dps.

i personally play with quiver only because i like the consistency in critting and the utility from it combined with certain skills and items.
04/06/2014 09:47 AMPosted by Blastom

130% crit dmg tops 10% crit chance if your crit is high enough already. And dual wielding just simply looks cooler.
Aside from the first shot, SS rarely sits above 4% for me. I prefer other talent, but I also don't use 1h xbox. 5% crit is intended to be a slight counter for lacking a quiver. Extra crit hit dmg is nice, but to use dual xbox correctly, you need both to be the same basic dmg.
04/06/2014 11:01 AMPosted by Weakminded
Aside from the first shot, SS rarely sits above 4% for me. I prefer other talent, but I also don't use 1h xbox. 5% crit is intended to be a slight counter for lacking a quiver. Extra crit hit dmg is nice, but to use dual xbox correctly, you need both to be the same basic dmg.

dude you get permanently at least 4% cc with ss.pay attention to your stat window within a fight.

and you don't get the 5%cc from archery for dual wield but for having a 1h in your main hand instead of a 2h bow/xbow. if you dual wield the passive just gives you another 1 hatred per second.
You don't know what you're talking about if you think 5% crit chance is too low. Do you think 20% damage from steady aim is good? I have 430% CHD. That means every 1% of crit has me do 4.3% more damage, statistically. SO. Archery is 21.3% more damage, already better than steady aim, + no enemy restrictions +1 hatred per second. The argument vs sharpshooter I agree with, it's better. However, IMO, you just take them both.
I think his point is rather obvious and something I had always wondered, but never bothered to test.

Archery while using a 1h Xbox gives 5% flat crit. Cool, right? Yeah.

Sharpshooters gains 4% crit over time until a maximum of 100%. Cool, right? Yeah.

But the logic tended to lean towards that 5%.

But why?

If Sharpshooter NEVER goes lower than 4%, but in theory goes to forever (Even when bosses are running around, or you're kiting, or running between packs you'll gain more crit), is the 1% crit worth all the gained burst potential?

Probably not.
just make it 1 disc per second on offhand instead of 1 hatred. :p or 5% crit + 5-10% resource reduction or something. cant really make it much higher than 5% crit without making it too strong. maybe theres a sweetspot like 6-7 but its not very fun

but yeah i agree. sharpshooter is much stronger than archery. archery is just really weak
After testing, if you're using Archery for the 5% crit instead of Sharpshooter, you're gimping yourself terribly.
If I can recall it correctly they did nerf archery in that regard for one handed cross bows. wasnt it 10% cc?
is the 1 hatred/second for the 2nd crossbow worth it? I'm also considering SS vs Archey when DWing.