*12* Reasons To Double Monster Legendary Droprates P2

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
04/07/2014 09:50 AMPosted by Jentso
We're two weeks into the game.

That's right, and last week the argument was "we're one week into the game". Will we kick the can down the road again in another two weeks?

People who are expecting "to be rewarded" every time they play should consider other games.

Why? I would agree that I don't need to be geared with the best of the best at this very moment on even one character, but I'm curious to know how you've arrived at this conclusion?
04/07/2014 10:00 AMPosted by PiousHeretic
We're two weeks into the game.

That's right, and last week the argument was "we're one week into the game". Will we kick the can down the road again in another two weeks?

People who are expecting "to be rewarded" every time they play should consider other games.

Why? I would agree that I don't need to be geared with the best of the best at this very moment on even one character, but I'm curious to know how you've arrived at this conclusion?

LOL. Another two weeks would still be too early to complain about drops.

When I mean "be rewarded", I mean by getting a legendary upgrade every time you play, and that seems to be what everyone thinks this game should be. It isn't. And it's not a grind, either.
These threads shouldn't be taken seriously until at least another month or two down the line to see how characters look at that point.

We're two weeks into the game. People who are expecting "to be rewarded" every time they play should consider other games. That's actually what paragon levels are for.

It depends on how much you play. Some people have already played the amount of time that others would in a couple of months. Yet here they are complaining and rightfully so.

It is not wrong for people to expect to be rewarded for a session of play. It is a game afterall.
04/07/2014 10:04 AMPosted by Jentso

When I mean "be rewarded", I mean by getting a legendary upgrade every time you play, and that seems to be what everyone thinks this game should be. It isn't. And it's not a grind, either.

I have over 100 hours played on my Crusader in 2 weeks. How much gear do you think one should have for that amount of play time? It took a few hours to get to 70, the rest was grinding.

And again, lets keep in mind, 4 of the legendary items I have on (chest/shoulders/shield/weap) I got from farming T6 chests endlessly.

There are so many possibilities with legendary drops (what rolls, what legendary, etc.) that limiting them to be so rare is absurd. Blizzard created Loot 2.0 with the INTENTION to make legendary items more available, while making rares less viable long term. So yes, I would like more legendary drops, because I get so much crap as it is. If a legendary drop meant = upgrade, I'd be fine with current drop rates by far. As it stands, 90-95% of what drops is UTTER crap, and not usable.
You could quadruple the drop rate and I wouldn't get a legendary upgrade even every other time I played. No, what I want is to get at least a couple legendary drops every time I play. That way I when I salvage them (because most drops are garbage) I get a couple chances to enchant an almost wearable legendary in my stash into something useful. If the Mystic is feeling kind to me. Because the Mystic is also a RNG crapshoot that's probably not quite rewarding enough for the cost.

And I do want a drop rate increase over a quality increase, because the Mystic has a bottomless appetite for Forgotten Souls. Heaven forbid I ever want to use the Blacksmith.
I came to a very important realization after farming CoA chests for days. During the time I farmed in there I probably acquired well over 100 legendaries. Of them, five or six were kept. I feel this is important to note because imagine that you have to acquire those 100+ legendaries at the current accumulation rate from rifts. It would be horrid. 5 or 6 decent drops out of over 100. The drop rate needs to be increased to account for the amount of junk you receive. It is my opinion that players should be able to obtain legendaries, from monsters, at a rate similar to the CoA chest runs. With the amount of legendaries and the variability within them it will still take a significant time investment to complete a build on one character.
I think a comfortable spot for most people is 2-3 legendaries an hour. Right now we're sitting more at the 1 legendary per 2 hour range.

I'd also love to see the gems required for the mystic be lowered to imperial. Right now I'm spending 900k per reroll on my neck and ring.
EDIT - Double posted...somehow.
04/07/2014 07:18 AMPosted by Starbird
04/07/2014 06:44 AMPosted by Belze
x600-800% resplend chest
x200-300% normal mobs
x400-500% elites
x1000-2000% rift bosses

That strikes me as a little excessive for T1.

I'd be more hoping for:
x200% resplend chest.
x100% normal mobs.
x100% elites.
x500% Rift Bosses.

See - right here Blizzard? This is where we need mods.

As i explained, if base is 0.1%, buffing 100% elites it will become 0.2% - you just won't see any difference. A 1000% buff gives 1% which is extremaly low.

We need to have like 40-50% chance to drop legendary from boss rifts. A 20% chance to drop legend from goblin or resplend chest. A 10-15% chance from elite. I mean. Now resplend chest drops LESS legendaries than normal one. And for goblin - i've saw recently 2x goblin rifts (10-15 goblins in stack). Not a single legendary..

Okay, so it's too early now, so we should wait a month or two, but a month is too early, so really we should just wait two is that right?

So two month's need pass (by your rationale) before consideration should be given to evaluating legendary drops. Two months, for a game that is largely single player, and has only the basest interaction between players. Again I ask, how have you reached this conclusion?

This doesn't answer the question. You said people don't need to be rewarded, and have now defined that to getting a legendary, every time they play. That if they thought that, they should play other games. I asked why you felt that way.

Anyway I would define a grind in this context as: performing a repetitive task; monotonous action, often for long periods to induce a desired outcome.

Under that definition, the entire game qualifies (as most would), and I would certainly contend that gearing a character does. I'm willing to hear your definition, however.
Something that I find very amusing is the fact that people use the reason of "everyone will quit" as a reason to not buff drop rates. Thing they don't realize is this is an ARPG, not an MMO, we paid 60 then 40 dollars one time to play and have unlimited access to this game, there is no monthly upkeep, there is no cash shop.

In essence, however many players quit matters not, Blizzard already has your money (and mine as well), all they need to do to hype the game up again is release an expansion. With their reputation gamers will flock back and buy the expansion just to try it out again (just look at how successful RoS has been where D3V was pretty much dead and now the game is alive again).

I digress, have sidetracked from the topic.

Unique and set drop rates need a buff. A substantial one, and a fix to stats/items rolled as for some reason I have this odd feeling the class specific stat rolls don't apply to legendaries (like a barb getting gladiator's with DEX, or a DH getting a shen long...)

Many of the legendaries are utter garbage (one wonders how they even made it into the legendary grade) and curiously enough those are the ones that drop the absolute most (Saffron wrap? Assorted mighty belts? Assorted weapons of various types without sockets and primary stats?).

The good ones are very difficult to find and when they are, it's again due to RNG to roll for decent stats. I've yet to get drops to replace some legacy items I'm using still, something tells me I'll never replace at least one of those items.

Currently it's a double difficulty measure far as drops are concerned.

A) you have to get the drop even, not those useless dime a dozen 'legendary items'
B) you have to roll decent stats on all but 1 so you can reroll that one item

The latter is already difficult enough, with a drop rate this low (on non trash items) it's simply not fun.
I played Torment 2 Rifts yesterday for 8 hours running a total of +63% Magic Find for the hell of it, and in those 8 hours I got 3 legendaries. I'm a monk and I received a Two-Handed Strength Mace for a barbarian, a Strength Ring for a barbarian, and a really crappy pair of dex boots. 8 hours of time, and that was my time "well" spent. I'm really starting to get burnt out on this, which is sad, because I like the changes that RoS brought, other than the crappy bad RNG loot drops. Something really needs to be done, because once again, while I was playing those 8 hours, another clan member looted 2 pieces of Tal Rasha's set, and another one looted yet another Thunderfury, which was that players 3rd. It's not about working for it, etc. I don't want stuff given to me, but seriously, something just doesn't seem to be working properly.
FnF drop rates were fine, Blizzard nerfed them because people were abusing Torment 6 with bugged abilities on the crusader and broken items such as pride of cassius. Sad.
Something needs to be done about this. I have STILL not found a single piece of the crusader set. I play nothing but T1 and cannot find a single set item still. I've tried T6 chests too and nothing there. If you look at my gear I do find stuff once in a while but still none of the flails or crusader shields that I'm looking for and 0 set items. I don't know what to do with this game anymore the drops are stupid.
Even with the minor buff to Rift droprates, I still think it holds true. I still have far too many extended gaps between drops myself.

Very true :(
People don't seem to remember how many copy of the trash set/leg we used to get in D2 before you would get good ones even with the stupid boss farming at 800% MF. Leg roll wasted on a low level item because the mob decided to drop the regular weapon instead of the elite version? Farming good weapons took month back then and now it should be done in a matter of weeks? Why?
It depends what you mean by "good". Most of the drops in D3 are trash too, the major difference is you'd get to see numerous drops in an hour in D2 while now we get see a single drop every 1-2 hours.

At the current rate, getting a decent Immortal King set and a Thunderfury and Shard of Hate is looking to take years, not months. And I can't trade what I do find to someone else. That's the problem.
Drop rates are fine, stop crying. If you don't have items, play the game. That is how it works.