Upcoming Loot Hotfixes

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 76 Next
04/09/2014 05:22 PMPosted by YNDI
Aren't rift bosses unique? Or are you classifying rift bosses / other bosses as separate entities from the "common" uniques?

I'm guessing by "uniques" they meant the purple mobs that appear at random (Or semi random) in maps, not the actual bosses since by that definition Diablo is also a unique and therefore should get his loot nerfed - Yet I don't think they went and nerfed him.
This is great!

However, why not just increase the base droprate of legendary items across the board? why only buff certain parts of the game? it's like herding pigs into the pen - if rifts are too good vs bounties/campaign mode then no one will want to do anything but rifts...
04/09/2014 05:17 PMPosted by gaeandilth
Still need base increased drop rate to elites and bosses(specially the rift boss). 100 percent increase to almost nothing is still almost nothing and there isn't much else in rifts other then elites and the boss(specially if the chest nerf includes rifts).

XP in rifts needs increased too because of the white mob xp nerf there is almost no xp in the rift except the final quest turn in and you can get that in 2 minutes running hell rift bounty, it is still far more efficient to run certain bounties for xp.

I agree 100%!
When is this going live?
does this apply to purple treasure goblins?
04/09/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Azurrei
This is great!

However, why not just increase the base droprate of legendary items across the board? why only buff certain parts of the game? it's like herding pigs into the pen - if rifts are too good vs bounties/campaign mode then no one will want to do anything but rifts...

I think its okay since at some point you'll have to farm more rift keys forcing you to do bounties which makes the adventure mode portion of the game all necessarily useable.
04/09/2014 05:25 PMPosted by YNDI
Aren't rift bosses unique? Or are you classifying rift bosses / other bosses as separate entities from the "common" uniques?

04/09/2014 05:23 PMPosted by Relleck
Does this change include the Rift Bosses as well?

Would be really sad indeed if the (unique) Rift Bosses dropped less items...considering I've not seen a legendary item (souls not counting) drop from them in dozens of rifts.

Need an elaboration on what is deemed a unique, please.

I think it is quite clear that uniques are those monsters that aren't quite elite and are always there, in teh same place, every game. I believe examples were even given... Razor and Mangle.

A rift boss is not a static monster that you can repeatedly farm via easy quest checkpoints. You need to make a rift. then go into the rift. and then kill things in the rift. then kill the rift boss after you have killed enough things in the rift.

Clearly, not included in the list of uniques.
04/09/2014 05:18 PMPosted by gnibrE
04/09/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Travis Day
killing monsters feel rewarding

By hotfixing manglemaw to be no gold/exp/item reward anymore?

Sorry I stopped reading from here.

Because Manglemaw is the only monster in the game, right?

It's a shame things get nerfed, but then it's also a shame that players focus farm path of least resistance rather than playing the game in full, which brings about these nerfs.

That said, as someone who has never goblin, resplendent, unique or chest ran; it was a bit much that I was also getting the majority of my uniques from chests as I ploughed through thousands of beasties.

Good work, Travis.
@Travis Day/Lylirra - that all sounds great may i also ask you guys to take a look at the drop rate/spawn rate of Chiltara? i made a thread on this issue and a lot of time was spent farming 16+ hours please could you take a look into it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471427277
So I guess this means no gambling with shards until the HF goes live -- why waste your shards gambling at the old rates?
Trying to act like nerfing more things is a good thing just makes you look like a jerk.

There is no reason to make any negative changes accept what I have been saying all along, if you do not play the way Blizzard DEMANDS you play, you will be made to suffer.

Leave other peoples runs alone, let people run chests, let them run mothers, let them run manglemaw. It doesn't effect me, why shouldn't those people continue to have fun?

I LIKE rifts, so this is good for me, but it isn't going to stop me from defending the rest of the game and the other things that people enjoy doing.

While you are at it you need to award more blood shards for Torment 1 and above.
04/09/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Tizzy

I'm guessing by "uniques" they meant the purple mobs that appear at random (Or semi random) in maps, not the actual bosses since by that definition Diablo is also a unique and therefore should get his loot nerfed - Yet I don't think they went and nerfed him.

Yes, I'm assuming that too, but the popular nomenclature is that purple name = unique or superunique.

So I just want clarification.
04/09/2014 05:26 PMPosted by Azurrei
This is great!

You need to do bounties for keys. You don't have the option to do rifts exclusively. Campaign resetting was tedious in the pre ROS loot 2.0 patch; thankfully it's not rewarding.
04/09/2014 05:22 PMPosted by Jake
That sucks, since I think Adventure mode is just a really, really boring way to play.

........What...? And how is repeating acts within a quest line not boring? Like how is it any different? It's the same repeated process...
04/09/2014 05:19 PMPosted by Atriax
Do rift bosses count as "uniques?" If so it would mean you're buffing and nerfing at the same time.

Rift Bosses do not count as Uniques, so they will be not be affected by the hotfix to Unique drops. They will, however, be affected by the hotfix that will boost your chance to find Legendary items by 100% (up from 25%) while in Rifts.

Note that the 100% bonus to Legendary drops in Nephalem Rifts is multiplicative and will actually stack with the scaling Legendary drop rate bonus in Torment 1-6 (which in turn boosts your chance to find Legendary items by 15% per slider tick, also multiplicatively) .
So the previous week they had buffed rifts by 25%. Is this 100% increase being added on top of that 25% for a total of 125% increase or is it just that 25% with an additional 75% for a total of 100%?

nevermind, was typing before Lylirras post was up
make the rare spawns RARE and keep the same drop rate. Up the drop rates on chests, but make them less common. Its not rocket science, I play dungeon crawlers for the loot. If nothing drops I dont have fun. Your battles are boring and need more suffixes, bigger challenges and better optimization to your engine. THIS IS NOT THE BLIZZARD I KNEW AND LOVES PRE 2010.
04/09/2014 04:41 PMPosted by Travis Day
Hey all,

A series of hotfixes will be deployed today making more adjustments to overall reward structures within the game.

I wanted to take a minute to explain the reasons for the changes that we are making. A driving goal of our design has been to make killing monsters feel rewarding, we want you all to find tons of cool items that you are excited about but more importantly we want you to have fun while doing it.

Rifts have always been intended to be the most efficient play method in the game, currently they aren’t for a number of reasons. Part of this has to do with the high level of efficiency in farming that players find doing things like farming Manglemaw, Razorclaw and any other number of unique monsters. Another contributing element is that farming chests without having to actually fight monsters is far more effective than actually fighting the monsters. It is very important to us that chests are exciting to find and feel rewarding but presently they are far too common and reliable to farm in certain areas of the game.

Finally Kadala, she has always been intended to give players some degree of control over their item upgrades. While we don’t want players to simply pick and choose from a list of items at an excessively high cost, we do want you to have an answer to the question “How do I upgrade my boots?” Kadala is meant to be that answer, she is meant to give you some direct control over the types of items you find. Since we are increasing the overall reward structure of the game she is also going to be increasing but by a larger amount than the rest of the changes since she didn't feel rewarding enough to us.

Without further delay here is a list of the changes that will be coming in the hotfix.

The Bad!
Unique monsters now drop less items.
*Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

Chest spawns have been thinned out across all acts of the game.
*Ideally chests become less common and something that players can’t flip games to farm. It is our goal to make them feel exciting and rewarding when you find them.

The Good!
The bonus legendary drop rate for rifts is being increased from 25% to 100%!
*This means that while in a rift your chance to find a legendary item from monsters, chests, elites, and everything else is double what it is outside of rifts. No this does not mean opening bounty bags in rifts is the new hotness. ;P

Kadala’s legendary drop rate has been significantly increased.
*Blood Shards are meant to be a compelling element of rift rewards and something players are excited to get.

Loot is an incredibly important aspect of Diablo games and we will continue to keep a very close eye on it. If more problems arise we will continue striving to address them. It isn’t our goal to take loot away from people, we just want to make sure they are having as much fun as possible while finding it and these changes all support that goal.

Good hunting and link the loot!

Travis Day

I'm afraid these changes are going to make doing bounties or playing through the campaign feel not rewarding at all. The whole reason bounties are fairly rewarding is because you run into a lot of rarespawn uniques along the way.
04/09/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Lylirra
04/09/2014 05:19 PMPosted by Atriax
Do rift bosses count as "uniques?" If so it would mean you're buffing and nerfing at the same time.

Rift Bosses do not count as Uniques, so they will be not be affected by the hotfix to Unique drops. They will, however, be affected by the hotfix that will boost your chance to find Legendary items by 100% (up from 25%) while in Rifts.

Note that the 100% bonus to Legendary drops in Nephalem Rifts is multiplicative and will actually stack with the scaling Legendary drop rate bonus in Torment 1-6 (which in turn boosts your chance to find Legendary items by 15% per slider tick, also multiplicatively) .

Good to know. Thanks for the quick replies and updates on the thread!