Upcoming Loot Hotfixes

General Discussion
Prev 1 26 27 28 76 Next
04/09/2014 06:57 PMPosted by noizcps

I feel like you are making easier for lazy player that don't put the time in the game.

The "lazy" players that "don't put the time in the game" you say? So should I quit my job, give up my social life, stop eating, stop doing all my other hobbies and play the game all day or night, to deserve getting items? I'm a "lazy" person I guess because I have responsibilities and other things in life I enjoy doing before sitting down and playing diablo... at least according to you.
04/09/2014 07:19 PMPosted by Gambic
04/09/2014 04:45 PMPosted by Matt
This all sounds great! I wasn't a unique or chest farmer..maybe that isn't so great for those folks. But the rift and shard buffs sound good.

Is it just me, or has it felt like less loot across the board has been dropping since the patch yesterday?

i have the same feeling

I think so too.
04/09/2014 06:40 PMPosted by TheGrayWiz
That means Torment 2 has a 15*15=225% increased chance of leg drops?

A better way to do the math for each Torment slider is: 15% for Torment 1, 32% for Torment 2 (1.15 * 1.15), 52% for Torment 3 (1.15 * 1.15 * 1.15), etc.
04/09/2014 07:22 PMPosted by zinx
You will see when hotfixes go live in this thread. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12427063132

When they buffs go from the category "[UPCOMING HOTFIXES]" to "[LIVE HOTFIXES]".

Correct, thanks!
Ok so do you have any plans on GOLD ?? I had 300 Million Gold when i started ROS im down to around 50 mil... its way to expensive to unsocket and craft big gems. please make more gold drop or do something so we can farm gold. 5k piles of gold is miserable. also another side note it would be nice if you put Purple Monsters the ones that carry Legendary Crafting Material INSIDE THE RIFTS.
how about guaranteed forgotten soul per rift?

:D
04/09/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Jobe1974
04/09/2014 07:14 PMPosted by d1glow
I'd like to put in a request to hot fix Chiltra in the caverns of frost so we can get the gibbering gemstone to complete the staff of herding :)

This. I want this fixed.
another fun idea. make a magic hammer or anvil that we have to get parts to make it. we can keep it in inventory to salvage or repair on the go :D
So the drop nerf affects the bounty bosses as well?
Gold Gold Gold Gold... HOW DO WE FARM GOLD ??? i have played for over 5000 hours and collected around 500 million gold. now in ros i have spent 250 mil within a few days.... PLEASE DO THE MATH..HOW CAN WE FARM GOLD
04/09/2014 07:23 PMPosted by ChronicManGG
Ok so do you have any plans on GOLD ?? I had 300 Million Gold when i started ROS im down to around 50 mil... its way to expensive to unsocket and craft big gems. please make more gold drop or do something so we can farm gold. 5k piles of gold is miserable. also another side note it would be nice if you put Purple Monsters the ones that carry Legendary Crafting Material INSIDE THE RIFTS.

It would be good if they put purple monsters in the rift but also it needs to be outside the rift or what's the point of playing anything outside of the rifts? This new fix still won't be enough. The game should just reward people for how they want to play, not how blizzards wants to force us. The old trailer for RoS said play how you want, yet it's unrewarding. I liked just exploring and killing and if nothing is going to drop but in rifts, why play anything?
I'm grateful that the devs really seem to be trying to work on making D3 a good game. It's just sad to see that they don't seem to think things through much. Drops just seem so random to me. I'm having a great time playing in the campaign mode on my crusader. I beat the game on normal and went to hard like I normally do. I've had legendaries drop like candy to the point of them being meaningless almost. Meanwhile my friend has been leveling up a crusader and hasn't gotten but like 1 or two legendary items. Now it seems like leveling up might just become a lootless affair.

I think the main problem is that they feel there is a need for a single "end game" in a game that can be played in more than one way. The changes are starting to feel like WoW's nerfs to PvE due to PvP. You don't have to ruin one part of the game to make the other part balanced. Leave things alone for now. Do internal testing for a month. Don't hotfix every day tweaking things you THINK will work. All in all, things are better than before. Sadly it feels like all of Blizzard has become the "B team".
04/09/2014 05:19 PMPosted by Lylirra
04/09/2014 05:14 PMPosted by Valento
Is this going to affect crafting mat drop rates?

Nope. Legendary crafting mats have an independent drop table and their drop rates will not be affected by the change to Uniques.

Hey can you make sure Purple Rare Mobs for quests / Rifts are not effected by the nerf to rares i want to make sure a mistake doesnt happened?
Chil bro even if it is 100% of 0.00000000000000000001 we earlier had 25% chance and now they made to 100% so still its a better deal what we get. Be happy in what we get dont probe for details man.

Gold isn't nearly as big a deal as the APM-sink mats. The could cut the magic/rare drops and costs in half and no one would even notice. Never ending stream of garbage.

More everything should be in rifts, really.
04/09/2014 07:23 PMPosted by Lylirra
04/09/2014 06:40 PMPosted by TheGrayWiz
That means Torment 2 has a 15*15=225% increased chance of leg drops?

A better way to do the math for each Torment slider is: 15% for Torment 1, 32% for Torment 2 (1.15 * 1.15), 52% for Torment 3 (1.15 * 1.15 * 1.15), etc.

Why don't you guys list the actual percentages in the game interface? Why should we have to scan through a numerous thread just to find out this type of information? You state all the percentages for experience and gold...why not legendary? I thought you guys were trying to be more transparent.....

Also, are we ever going to get the actual base legendary drop percentages? We know that T1+ has an additional 15% chance to drop a legendary, but what is the base chance to drop for normal? Is it a mere 1% per item drop? Or is it really less than 1%, say maybe .01%.... If that's the case, then buffing the rift percentages will simply equate to a .023% chance of a legendary in T1... That's like 1/5 of 1%..... Haven't you kept us in the dark long enough?
someone please tell them to up the gold amount that is dropped its so pathetic.
finally drop buff
Does this change impact Bounty Bags in anyway? Will you be able to acquire a Cache-only legendary via Blood Shards? I'm having TERRIBLE luck snagging a Ring of Grandeur.

Also: XP in Rifts is still low. Maybe a 25%-50% buff there as well?

THIS.

I seriously started ROS with about 14 million gold. FOURTEEN MILLION. I didnt have the luxury of having billions of gold coming into ROS. Now, i'm struggling to unsocket/socket my items. I can't hardly do any type of enchanting or combining gems. It's like you guys were thinking about the people with all this gold when ROS started but you COMPLETELY forgot about the people who didnt have much gold to start with. Now, i'm stuck with sub 1mill gold and NO way to farm any substantial amount of gold. This is ridiculous man, it's really maddening to be stuck without many options in terms of enchanting or any of the in game functions. I farm rifts for HOURS, hardly any legendary upgrades and a small amount of gold that last about 10 seconds when i start trying to enchant things. HELP US OUT HERE! As creators i don't think you intend to leave your players without gold. Atleast i hope that's not the intention here.