Loot Drops In Groups Might Be Bugged

Bug Report
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next
For some weeks I've been watching RoS streams and been playing myself since it came out, some can EASILY get LOADS of legs both from gambling and cubes, while I've gotten NOTHING ..EVER from gambling and cubes, let me say again ..NIENTE, NADA, NOTHING!!!!!!!

In average I get a leg every 6th hour, while some get a leg least every 40 min.

Dear Blizz go **** youself!
Lol, I almost exclusively coop with a friend of mine and he does seem to pull 3/4 times the legendaries I do and never thought much of it. Funny that this might be a bug, though.
wtf is happening, blizz, help us, plz!
trying playing lower difficulty and grouping like masters group and do a rift i seem to be like these guys 2 legs after doing tons of torment rifts but the min i go down a difficulty like to masters and group i get lots more i posted about maybe something wrong with the torment levels but no one listens also they deleted my post about it to.

Normal rift ill get 1-2 legs each
master i can get 3 or 4 off each one
torment 5 rifts 1 leg
and on normal i got a 2900 damage soc skorn on my crusader testing normal after the hotfix

im in the middle of a master rift right now and 3 leg drop within secs

mace wand and a plan for 2handed Axe- non were upgrades need the souls so as you can see i dont know if its the groups or just torment itself

finished the rift got one more legendary and a forgotten soul

so master solo 3 legs and 1 plan

my t1 rifts ive done today nothin
I just watched a clan member, with me in rifts, get 8 legendary drops in 20 minutes. I've been farming for the last 4 hours and gotten 2. I've been in a 4-man run for the entirety of my time today. This has been going on since RoS released. This deserves a response. I've seen it too many times for this to be how RNG is meant to work. This needs to be clarified, or fixed. 23 pages of people experiencing it deserves something more than silence.
http://imgur.com/p0NXteJ

Doing rifts. He got most of that within 30 mins.
04/14/2014 11:59 AMPosted by prex555
This is called RNG. Sorry.

23 pages of something going on besides RNG suggest otherwise
04/14/2014 05:12 PMPosted by FallenSouls
04/14/2014 11:59 AMPosted by prex555
This is called RNG. Sorry.

23 pages of something going on besides RNG suggest otherwise

nah bro blizz can do no wrong its not like other triple A games with loot farming as their objectives have ever had issues such as say Monster Hunter 3 charm bug.
Hi Everyone,

Both QA and the development team have looked into these reports extensively, analyzing code from before patch 2.0.4 as well as after the most recent set of hotfixes, and at this point everything looks normal; we aren’t seeing any bugs or aberrant behavior with how loot is distributed in multiplayer games (including favoring one player over another). More legendary items than ever are dropping, certainly, but random is still random and streaks of "feast or famine" are still possible. This is the nature of RNG (Random Number Generators) and has not changed. With a heavier output of results (item drops), it is also much easier for our brains to extrapolate patterns where in reality there are none.

We do have a safety net in place to help even out those long periods without a Legendary drop in the form of (what we call) the “unlucky” bonus. This bonus slowly increases your Legendary drop rate over time and is based on the amount of time you’ve spent fighting monsters without seeing a Legendary drop normally. Just because this safety net is there, though, and should help ensure you get a Legendary every few hours, it doesn’t mean that everyone will always get exactly X number of Legendary items, exactly every X number of hours. Additionally, it’s quite possible that if you split up from your friends when playing in the same game, you could absolutely miss a Legendary item that dropped for you from a monster, chest, or other clickable object while you were off screen or in another part of the game world. If this happens, this will “count” against your “unlucky” bonus and reset it, and is another excellent reason to stay close to your friends (aside from the fact that playing with friends is fun!).

That all said, thanks for the reports about this, and we hope this information helps!
"More legendary items than ever are dropping"
Not for me. I barely get one every hour to two hours.
04/10/2014 12:14 PMPosted by mat82284
When were in a group of 4 their is always 1 person who gets the most legs. Its not always the same person and varies from game to game

Isn't that pretty much the definition of random?

The distribution of legionaries is spread. From trial run to trial run it differs for each person.
04/14/2014 05:49 PMPosted by Mallaidh
"More legendary items than ever are dropping"
Not for me. I barely get one every hour to two hours.

same :(
04/14/2014 05:44 PMPosted by Tsarnis
Hi Everyone,

Both QA and the development team have looked into these reports extensively, analyzing code from before patch 2.0.4 as well as after the most recent set of hotfixes, and at this point everything looks normal; we aren’t seeing any bugs or aberrant behavior with how loot is distributed in multiplayer games (including favoring one player over another). More legendary items than ever are dropping, certainly, but random is still random and streaks of "feast or famine" are still possible. This is the nature of RNG (Random Number Generators) and has not changed. With a heavier output of results (item drops), it is also much easier for our brains to extrapolate patterns where in reality there are none.

We do have a safety net in place to help even out those long periods without a Legendary drop in the form of (what we call) the “unlucky” bonus. This bonus slowly increases your Legendary drop rate over time and is based on the amount of time you’ve spent fighting monsters without seeing a Legendary drop normally. Just because this safety net is there, though, and should help ensure you get a Legendary every few hours, it doesn’t mean that everyone will always get exactly X number of Legendary items, exactly every X number of hours. Additionally, it’s quite possible that if you split up from your friends when playing in the same game, you could absolutely miss a Legendary item that dropped for you from a monster, chest, or other clickable object while you were off screen or in another part of the game world. If this happens, this will “count” against your “unlucky” bonus and reset it, and is another excellent reason to stay close to your friends (aside from the fact that playing with friends is fun!).

That all said, thanks for the reports about this, and we hope this information helps!

you do realize that chest / breakables are global loot drops. you still get loot for these even if the party is split up. you just have to check your map and go to location to pick them up.... how ever monsters do not drop anything if your not in a close range...

with that being said, you just miss informed everyone, and would make me question the rest of what you said is true or not...
LOL, people are trying to split farm and Blizzard is saying they can't. So is split farming the main reason so many people report one player getting 10 legendary items and everyone else getting 1 or 2?

Or does it go deeper than that?
Hi Everyone,

This is true I play in groups all the time and dont see what this post is about. Its all RANDOM now go play or dont its upto you. You purchased the game you can all post what you want but instead of clogging up the forums with stuff like this how about report stuff worth mentioning.
Hi Everyone,

Shouldn't the legendary/drops show up even if it is off screen? There will always be 1person that strays from everyone and we are punished for a player like that?
Before the patch drop rates where better know it suck big times.
And there where no strange things happening some skills hang and not stop when you use them disconnect from game client never happen to me before and i log in the game and i could not see my char .
The other person could see me standing and not moving result death its just a game but no bugs
All fine
You can tell those stories to some one else or maybe look back at the coding .
Why not report it
when you change every single week a patch what the use for telling it when all was fine and it get badder afther fixing wwhen apply a patch i want good product and not some !@#$ game what need fixing afther play it live ?
Why you test beta ?
Hi Everyone,

This is the nature of RNG (Random Number Generators) and has not changed.

No, its wrong. The drop is not truly random. Its a manipulated randomness because some legendary is harder to drop than other. This explains why people getting so many blackthrone......
04/14/2014 05:54 PMPosted by DeInsomniac

you do realize that chest / breakables are global loot drops. you still get loot for these even if the party is split up. you just have to check your map and go to location to pick them up.... how ever monsters do not drop anything if your not in a close range...

with that being said, you just miss informed everyone, and would make me question the rest of what you said is true or not...

Just because chest/breakable loot drops are global does not mean it's impossible to miss the loot. If anything it's probably quite easy and extremely common if you do normal mode bounty split farming. The fact that those legendaries you missed count against your bad luck streak protection is useful information.