SNITCHY

General Discussion
04/11/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Halcyon
04/11/2014 12:25 PMPosted by Grimiku
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post this, and I plan on passing this feedback along to see what the developers have to say about it. On one hand Snitchy is a rare unique monster (and unique monsters don't drop a lot of loot by design), but on the other hand he is a Treasure Goblin. Thanks again, and good luck hunting in Sanctuary!

I'm wondering why when you run into a mob of five elites, you dont get five items.

We know all of them are holding weapons or armor of some type.

One each.

That would make 'Horde' a very, very lucrative mob to attack.

Tired of 1 item drops off of elites. It is ridiculous.

Remember in the old days when so much loot would drop off the monsters you couldn't move because you would be clicking on a piece of loot on the ground instead of the ground?

We complained about that, because there was just too much crap falling from the monsters. The developers said that they were going to decrease the amount of loot the drops, and make each piece more meaningful.

Well, they got the first part of that right. You certainly can't argue with a decrease to zero. And of course, with a drop rate that low, every single piece the drops is crucial because of the ridiculous crafting requirements for raw materials.

The Blizzard developers are like novice painters who haven't figured out how to not paint themselves into a corner, or they're like a rookie boxer, who just hasn't got anything left, and is swinging ineffectively, only catching air, desperately waiting for that bell to ring.
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post this, and I plan on passing this feedback along to see what the developers have to say about it. On one hand Snitchy is a rare unique monster (and unique monsters don't drop a lot of loot by design), but on the other hand he is a Treasure Goblin. Thanks again, and good luck hunting in Sanctuary!

Hi maybe you could take 2 seconds out of your oh so busy time on the forums to either refute or confirm this thread really just a simple yes its an issue and we are trying to fix it or no you are all insane would be quite nice.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471477472?page=11
04/11/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Mou
I just ran into a giant purple treasure goblin named Snitchy. I thought the resent nerf to purple mobs wasn't supposed to affect named goblins but it certainly did. He dropped a single uncommon item. Pretty weak.

Pssh I had that happen the other day prior to the patch.. Group finds a giant named treasure goblin and he drops less than most white mobs. Really disappointing - everyone was excited and thought we were in for at least a treasure gob x2 drop, and then practically nothing.
04/11/2014 01:26 PMPosted by OldPro

Print out what you just typed there, carry it to a mirror, and read it to yourself.

Do you feel like punching the guy in the mirror?

"Unique monsters don't drop a lot of loot by design." Do you have any idea how retarded that sounds in a loot finding game? What do normal monsters drop? Well, absolutely nothing. They've also had their experience nerfed into the ground, so in a hack and slash monster killing game, there is exactly zero reason to kill normal monsters.

And now, there's pretty much no reason to kill elite monsters, open chests, kick over bodies, break barrels, pry up loose stones, or crack open vessels and urns.

This game is starting to remind me of the very first trial run of the Jurassic Park tour, where Dr. Malcolm sticks his face in the camera in the Jeep and says, "Now, you do eventually plan on having dinosaurs on your dinosaur tour, don't you?"

How can any person, whose job is to develop video games, believe they have a justifiable purpose for doing to this game what Blizzard has done to it?

Does anyone believe that we spend hours upon hours slaying monsters just for the fun of watching them drop dead?

No.

We want to see our experience progress bars climb, and rather quickly.

We want to see a rainbow of loot fall on the ground, and in rather large piles.

All you Blues and developers are just like the alien invaders in the old TV miniseries "V." You smile to our faces, appear to be earnestly trying to help us out, but in the privacy of a dark room, you stab us in the back and eat us for dinner like the snakes you are.

I wish that I could articulate as well as this guy. I agree 100% with everything you said. They say they want us to find loot, but it HAS to be how they think we should find it.
04/11/2014 01:33 PMPosted by OldPro
04/11/2014 01:23 PMPosted by Halcyon

I'm wondering why when you run into a mob of five elites, you dont get five items.

We know all of them are holding weapons or armor of some type.

One each.

That would make 'Horde' a very, very lucrative mob to attack.

Tired of 1 item drops off of elites. It is ridiculous.

Remember in the old days when so much loot would drop off the monsters you couldn't move because you would be clicking on a piece of loot on the ground instead of the ground?

We complained about that, because there was just too much crap falling from the monsters. The developers said that they were going to decrease the amount of loot the drops, and make each piece more meaningful.

Well, they got the first part of that right. You certainly can't argue with a decrease to zero. And of course, with a drop rate that low, every single piece the drops is crucial because of the ridiculous crafting requirements for raw materials.

The Blizzard developers are like novice painters who haven't figured out how to not paint themselves into a corner, or they're like a rookie boxer, who just hasn't got anything left, and is swinging ineffectively, only catching air, desperately waiting for that bell to ring.

See, I disagree with this. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. Bobby Kotick himself has said he dislikes gamers and gaming. This is his vision of how video games should be. I believe in that one interview someone did with him, he likened the experience of gaming to a sweatshop? Or something similar. This is HIS doing.
04/11/2014 01:48 PMPosted by HubbyBubby
I wish that I could articulate as well as this guy. I agree 100% with everything you said. They say they want us to find loot, but it HAS to be how they think we should find it.

Thanks, Hubby....
04/11/2014 01:50 PMPosted by HubbyBubby

See, I disagree with this. They know EXACTLY what they are doing. Bobby Kotick himself has said he dislikes gamers and gaming. This is his vision of how video games should be. I believe in that one interview someone did with him, he likened the experience of gaming to a sweatshop? Or something similar. This is HIS doing.

Well then, someone needs to give that guy a contract, and I'm not talking about the good kind.
Monsters should be the most viable loot sources in the game; the tougher the monster, the better the loot! I do not complain about loot at all because I only found it terrible in certain parts of the games' duration, and certainly not as of late. Then again, I was also awful at finding loot in D2 so I was already conditioned to know I would probably fall last in the bunch (thankfully, that hasn't happened); however, I do not think "by design" for unique monsters not to drop UNIQUE items is definitely a lack in the think-tank. I mean, the entire objective is to grind monsters to get better loot, grind harder monsters and get even better loot - rinse and repeat.
04/11/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Homicyde

Rare, AND Unique, and doesn't drop a lot of loot by design. Maybe geta better designer, as that's just stupid.

He's really a Grotesque in a Treasure Goblin suit. Makes perfect sense.

B
Ok, I have some additional information to share about Snitchley. As you may already know there was a recent change to unique monsters so that they now drop the same treasure that elites and champions do. However, this change was not intended to affect the unique Treasure Pygmies that you sometimes find, and that's exactly how it's currently working.

Snitchley is a little different, though. He's a named unique monster, and is currently dropping the same appropriate treasure as other unique/elite/champion monsters. We're passing along your feedback about his loot, though, and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about it with us.
Thanks, Grimiku, and thanks for the update!
04/11/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Wodensfury
Why did it need a nerf at all? You can't trade. You can't sell. There is no PVP. So tell me why ANYTHING needs to be nerfed. The sooner blizz realizes that diablo is all about the loot, the better off everyone will be. They keep saying various things, but not one Dev has sat down and said..this is why we are doing this, to prevent this, to stop this. Its all patch work fixes that just nerf more content. If someone wants to do some mind numbing repeat runs over and over for gear, what is the problem. They are the only person who can use the gear anyway. They can't kill another person with their gear, they can't beat anyone to top of ladder with their gear. All they can do is play alone or with others, but their gear has NO EFFECT ON ANYONE BUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, pretty much this! +1
04/11/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Grimiku
appropriate treasure

And this is what a lot of people are saying. Its clearly NOT appropriate loot for hard to come by mobs. Can you justify with description, the reason Blizzard feels hard to find, rare, unique monsters should drop less than other mobs?

Just seems ridiculous to me.
Guy comes through and says, "This specific thing makes no sense."

Blizzard representative says, "Well it does in a technical way, but I see where you're coming from. Let me pass this along and get something concrete for you."

Vultures swoop in for their bite and but only want to express their general frustration with loot, not the actual topic at hand.
I had this guy as a bounty in Act 3 with my brothers. First I remember the screams on Skype, "TREASURE GOBLIN!! Kill the loot !@#$%" "What the #$%@, it has a name?!" " OH MY GOD!! It's our bounty target! KILL HIM!!!"

The second time my brothers have made my ears bleed in the past 2 weeks...
04/11/2014 12:47 PMPosted by Wodensfury
Why did it need a nerf at all? You can't trade. You can't sell. There is no PVP. So tell me why ANYTHING needs to be nerfed. The sooner blizz realizes that diablo is all about the loot, the better off everyone will be. They keep saying various things, but not one Dev has sat down and said..this is why we are doing this, to prevent this, to stop this. Its all patch work fixes that just nerf more content. If someone wants to do some mind numbing repeat runs over and over for gear, what is the problem. They are the only person who can use the gear anyway. They can't kill another person with their gear, they can't beat anyone to top of ladder with their gear. All they can do is play alone or with others, but their gear has NO EFFECT ON ANYONE BUT THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A couple points to this.

1) They are intending at some point to introduce a ladder. Ironing out farm routes that aren't actually really playing the game (setting a checkpoint in campaign right next to a unique and killing it 1000 times and that's all your killing isn't really playing the game) so that players can compete doing something other than farming one monster is actually quite important. Will some players figure out what the best bounties to do and what to look for if its even worth completing that act's bounties? Of course they will, but at least they're doing the bounties and playing the game. Killing Razorclaw over and over until your eyes bleed isn't very fun gameplay wise.

I see this as a saving the players from themselves.

2) What is the objective of Diablo 3?

The sooner blizz realizes that diablo is all about the loot, the better off everyone will be.

Diablo 3 is all about the loot. Its about the progression that we as players go through to work through difficulties to increase our chances to find loot so that we can get into higher difficulties to find even better loot. A few points on this.

One of these is that the player will burn themselves out on the game and complain "diablo's boring I just do the same thing over and over". Of course you'd feel that way if all you saw was the same unique for the thousandth time, that's normal. Adventure mode was designed to mix things up so it didn't burn players out nearly as quickly as doing runs. Making sure that Adventure mode is the best way of acquiring player power and progressing helps to combat some of that burn out so players are enjoying the game longer.

The second point is that these farming runs effectively skip the player progression part of the game entirely. You could argue that you're increasing your player power progressively of course, but to what goal? You're sitting there farming Manglemaw on Torment VI over and over again and that's all you do because its the most efficient way of gearing. So you get decked out in full best in slot from doing this and now are ready to tackle Torment VI. What happened to Normal - Hard - Expert - Master - Torment I - V? Where was the progression through those? Its gone, you skipped it all and lost a lot of the potential gameplay because your focus was farming that one unique because its "the best way" to get gear. Its not the satisfied feeling of "I've finally worked my way into the hardest difficulty". Its the relief of "finally I'm done farming that one unique so I can go do Torment VI". Well now you have the best gear and you play Torment VI and the game grows stale and you'll play less and less until you may drop it entirely because its a pretty boring game without an sort of goal, long or short term.

There are reasons they're trying to push you towards playing Adventure mode instead of just doing these quick little farming routes. Adventure mode was designed to be the end game people play once they're done playing the campaign whether that's one play through or multiple. The end game isn't meant to be killing one monster in Reaper of Souls (see farming bosses in D2) and there isn't pvp in game outside of brawling (which doesn't matter and is a mess anyway). Something that would probably be more helpful than saying "OMG BLIZZ YOU NERF MY UNIQUES" is trying to put in feedback that'd make bounties and rifts more interesting and fun to do and maybe some feedback on how the droprates in these feel. Its a pretty clear message that they're straying away from things like this and we should keep this in mind while playing the game.
04/11/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Grimiku
Ok, I have some additional information to share about Snitchley. As you may already know there was a recent change to unique monsters so that they now drop the same treasure that elites and champions do. However, this change was not intended to affect the unique Treasure Pygmies that you sometimes find, and that's exactly how it's currently working.

Snitchley is a little different, though. He's a named unique monster, and is currently dropping the same appropriate treasure as other unique/elite/champion monsters. We're passing along your feedback about his loot, though, and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about it with us.

So champs and Unique monsters aren't suppose to drop legendary items... so much for pack hunting...
Even before the hotfix, snitchy never dropped much for me. I was surprised to see a large goblin, but then he drops a blue item.
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to post this, and I plan on passing this feedback along to see what the developers have to say about it. On one hand Snitchley is a rare unique monster (and unique monsters aren't designed to drop the extra loot a Treasure Goblin is), but on the other hand he is a Treasure Goblin. Thanks again, and good luck hunting in Sanctuary!

*Edited for accuracy*

Also Normal rare Goblins are effected to ran into one bit droped just debris..... was named treasure goblin & purple named